Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 12:56 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
So these folks Trump is going to fire....are they some of those "only the best people" he said he would hire?

Trump has already seen 26 people leave/quit/fired from his administration, the highest turnover rate EVER in American history.
He hires only the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

9,254 posts, read 3,584,931 times
The best people, believe me.

11,404 posts, read 4,083,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
With Trump, Jr. indictment just around the corner. This is gonna be good.
Yep.

Does anybody think it's a coincidence that news broke this morning about Trump Jr will probably be indicted by Bob Mueller soon (it was overshadowed by the midterms)

And suddenly Trump is firing Sessions to appoint somebody who will fire Mueller?!

Coincidence!? Nope.

Old 11-07-2018, 12:58 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Smart move by Trump.

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
I think Jeff is out so he can have an AG who won't be so quick to recuse himself.

Looks like this is a bad time to.have a Sessions surname. Hint: look up Pete Sessions.

I know that's off topic, So carry on.
You mean he wants an AG that will run an independent investigation. This could have waited, it appears Mueller is near the end so what’s the rush.

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
He was fired.
this article says he was fired:
Atty. Gen. Sessions resigns, setting up likely clash over the Russia investigation - Los Angeles Times
Quote:
In a letter delivered to the White House, Sessions wrote that he was submitting his resignation at the request of President Trump, who has been highly critical of his attorney general since he recused himself last year from overseeing investigation into Russia's interference in the 2016 election.
Sessions wrote that he had been honored to serve as attorney general and sought to uphold the rule of law. “I came to work at the Department of Justice everyday determined to do my duty and serve my country,” he wrote. “I have done so to the best of my ability.”
Trump long had wanted Sessions gone but he resisted forcing him out until after the midterm election. Session’s resignation almost certainly gets ahead of his being fired by the president.

9,727 posts, read 9,727,118 times
Quote:
This is great news for Dems.

If Trump is preparing to fire Little Jeffie so he can appoint somebody who will fire Mueller, it will essentially be political suicide for Trump.
Wrong. A real Attorney General would be able to reign in Mueller because he currently answers to the Deputy AG Rosenstein. With his new majority, President Trump can pick whoever he wants. No need to find a "moderate".

Old 11-07-2018, 12:59 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
He’s a tough boss. If you cant keep up, buh bye.
I'm not sure what's sadder, that you believe this, or... well, no... it's that you believe this.

Old 11-07-2018, 01:00 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,301,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
you don't have to read his tweets
They're thrown at us daily.

Old 11-07-2018, 01:00 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,735,728 times
Quote:
So these folks Trump is going to fire....are they some of those "only the best people" he said he would hire?

Trump has already seen 26 people leave/quit/fired from his administration, the highest turnover rate EVER in American history.
So what? You can't bake a cake without breaking a few eggs. Had previous administrations fired or forced out underperforming cabinet members instead of pacifying them with taxpayer government jobs our country would be in a better place today. Trump isn't afraid of turnover until he gets the best people possible in those positions. Sessions was a HUGE disappointment and frankly was weak. Insanely weak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies