Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2018, 10:18 AM

89,002 posts, read 44,804,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
By carrying water, I am telling you that you are repeating their lie that he struck her. It's a lie.
It's clearly visible on the C-SPAN video. Watch it. His left hand struck her left arm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2018, 10:20 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,656,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It's clearly visible on the C-SPAN video. Watch it. His left hand struck her left arm.

I've watched it 3 times. He did not strike her. If you consider that striking someone, I hope you have yourself wrapped in bubble wrap as you go out into the world.

Old 11-09-2018, 10:22 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,519,061 times
Quote:
Yes, incidental contact, not forceful at all. His arm moved while her arm went across his body to reach for the mic. It was not assault. As I said before, the woman throwing chocolate milk on the other women, which I believe you brought up, was more of an assault that this incidental contact.

Again, if it was assault, why did none of the law enforcement at the White House make an arrest?

Last edited by Joe the Photog; 11-09-2018 at 10:33 AM..

Old 11-09-2018, 10:24 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,708,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. Remember when we had real presidents with the .....guts....to handle reporters? Presidents that didn't demand a safe space? Good times.

Yep as always he is hiding behind his propagandist in chief, Sarah, who at this juncture cannot even find the words to spin him, and has been reduced to physically altering the truth.

The irony of the White House video involving Jim Acosta is that it shows the administration to be doing what it accuses the news media of doing—engaging in fake information.

I think it is about time that she be given a moniker such as those Mr. Trump so fondly utilizes.
Unfortunately Tokyo Rose is taken.

C'mon CD posters put on your thinking caps.

Old 11-09-2018, 10:28 AM

1,239 posts, read 510,263 times
Quote:
IF the intention is to revoke WH credentials based only on ideological differences, my opinion is that is wrong. Try running a company... "Yes men" rarely add any value. It's groupthink. The same fiasco that doomed the Challenger Space Shuttle. In contrast, honing one's knowledge/perspective/understanding by encountering and thinking through criticism is immensely valuable.

THAT said, THAT is what Acosta SHOULD have been... a useful foil. Instead, he chose to use physical force/intimidation to make it impossible for a female intern to do her job. Fatal error, as now his WH credentials have been revoked, for valid legal cause.

I don't think you repeated yourself this much in the thread where you claimed that the Nazi in Charlotesville killed the girl in self defense, but you're as wrong now, as you were then.

It's happened in several other threads too. Repeating yourself doesn't make it right, it only makes you wrong more often.

Acosta did nothing illegal or wrong. The White House should not be asking young interns to forcefully try and remove possession of product from grown men, that's what security would be for. The White House should not be using doctored footage to justify their actions.

It's beyond comprehension that this stupidity is still being pushed, and Trump's statement today makes it very clear why Acosta was suspended.

I'll happily give you credit on accepting that Trump's statement today is wrong in your opinion, it's probably wrong under the constitution as well.

Old 11-09-2018, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I've watched it 3 times. He did not strike her.
Physical contact: his left hand striking her left arm, shortly after making contact he shoves her away from the mic with his same left hand. Clearly visible in the C-SPAN video.

Old 11-09-2018, 10:31 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,605,239 times
Quote:
The point is that Acosta used physical force/intimidation to prevent the intern from doing her job. That's a violation of US Labor Laws.

Again... WHAT planet do you live on that you don't know that what Acosta did is illegal?
Seriously, repeating this nonsense over and over again is just sad. Especially for someone with "informed" in their name, since you clearly aren't. If you consider what he did "physical force and intimidation", then you should really go find a safe place snowflake.

What he did is no more illegal than someone stopping someone from taking a pen from their desk or something. Get over it snowflake.

As for Acosta, I don't necessarily agree with what he did, but Trump acting like a child is what caused it. It is what it is. You guys are fine with our president acting like a bratty child, but if a reporter tries to ask a question that he doesn't want to answer, "OH MY GOD! HOW DARE HE!". It's pathetic.

And just go on Twitter (for any of you who don't understand how the video was doctored) and take a look at the frame by frame videos or the ones that overlay the original vs the doctored video and see for yourselves. Or just remain ignorant on the issue, or claim it doesn't matter (making you look ignorant and hypocritical)... Whatever.

Old 11-09-2018, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Yes, incidental contact, not forceful at all.
False. If there were no force at all, she'd have the mic, which was her job: retrieve and transfer the mic to the next journalist already called on by POTUS.

Old 11-09-2018, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
I don't think you repeated yourself this much in the thread where you claimed that the Nazi in Charlotesville killed the girl in self defense, but you're as wrong now, as you were then.
Nope. Plenty of social media and video evidence on that...

Post #1097, What really happened

This will all come out at trial.

Public video and social media self-incriminating evidence. People don't realize it comes back to bite them in the butt. Dixon will learn the hard way.

Old 11-09-2018, 10:46 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Has anyone asked the intern if she believes that she was assaulted?

She sure looked fine to me as she walked back over and sat down. If she wouldn't have tried to be hall monitor , none of this would have happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies