Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2018, 06:48 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times

Advertisements

Sounds like Trump only wants Faux news to ask their fluff questions. Another assault on the Free press. Amazing that so many righties are okay with anything this control freak does. Trump is a wannabe dictator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2018, 06:50 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post

Stopping you right there. C-SPAN's video shows the exact same thing. Acosta assaulted the intern while she was trying to do her job of transferring the mic from one journalist to another. All the journalists know the protocol. There's no way a journalist should be assaulting a WH intern just trying to do her job.
He pushed he arm away that was it he didn’t karate chop her or throw het to the ground. I guess you didn’t watch the original video of Acosta saying “ pardon me mam.”

People need some understanding of what assault is. Anything to cover for Trump it would seem.

Old 11-08-2018, 06:53 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,595,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Sounds like Trump only wants Faux news to ask their fluff questions. Another assault on the Free press. Amazing that so many righties are okay with anything this control freak does. Trump is a wannabe dictator.
if anyone did an assault here it was Jim by touching the intern.

Fake news is the enemy of the people.

amazing that so many lefties here are ok with how hostile these self serving propaganda pushers posing as journalists are toward this administration.

Old 11-08-2018, 06:54 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photogal9 View Post
About time, and Mark Levin's comments on this were spot on. These briefings are for the American people, to inform them on important issues. The Press Corps should be asking substantive questions, not use the opportunity for self aggrandizement, as Acosta does. I hope he is never restored.

Old 11-08-2018, 06:58 AM

5,701 posts, read 3,219,897 times
Let's be real. CNN is no more a news network than E! No tears need to be shed over their head clown losing access.

Old 11-08-2018, 06:59 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
He absolutely was not out of control. He was aggressive and demanded answers. Which is exactly what journalists are supposed to do.
Trying to monopolize the entire conference, and becoming aggressive with Trump's staff.... NO, that is not what he was supposed to be doing. The media can go to hell and the president will get a little bit of decency and respect, otherwise there just won't be any more news conferences. You can watch Trump's twitter account for communications.

Old 11-08-2018, 07:02 AM

718 posts, read 598,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
About time, and Mark Levin's comments on this were spot on. These briefings are for the American people, to inform them on important issues. The Press Corps should be asking substantive questions, not use the opportunity for self aggrandizement, as Acosta does. I hope he is never restored.

I agree. Linked the video from last night:

Mark Levin on midterm results, media versus Trump
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICeb7HPYdn8

My appreciation for Mark increased 10 fold after watching him interview Shelby Steele a few months back.

Old 11-08-2018, 07:03 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I completely agree. Acosta has made himself the story on more than one occasion. I watched the press conference in its entirety live, and have reviewed clips several times, and what I see is a journalist who received answers to his questions, but he didn’t like the answers, so he ratcheted up his aggression, dropped usual pressroom protocol, and made himself the story YET again.

As a reminder, Trump answered 68 questions from 35 journalists over 90 minutes. Anyone whining about “suppression” of the press is just dealing in fantasy. The press does not have impunity to break protocol and go commando. Not in the WH, anyway.

Old 11-08-2018, 07:04 AM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
He wanted to become the news - now he won’t be reporting it from the WH. Sounds good to me.

Who else wants some?
You know Trump's head would explode if the media ignored his ass. Give me a break. I wish they would and no media would even mention his name.

Old 11-08-2018, 07:04 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
It's pretty telling that the Marxist Leftists on here think how he acted was appropriate. It shows THEIR character. Not good people at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies