Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2018, 12:55 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,521,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The contact wasn't accidental. Acosta was deliberately trying to keep the mic even after POTUS had already called on another journalist. He struck and shoved the intern, whose job it was to transfer the mic, in an effort to keep the mic he knew he was supposed to surrender.
See, your opinion that Acosta's contact wasn't accidental might have some merit if you didn't keep ip the misleading narrative (read: dirty lies) that he struck and shoved the intern. You're being "overly imaginative."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2018, 12:59 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:
I never said karate chop. That's not what the video shows. What is shown on the video is Acosta striking the intern's arm and shoving her away from the mic he was trying to keep after POTUS had already called on another journalist.
It’s been called a karate chop by others here not you even though your wrong about her being shoved.
I can see where you all are trying to spin this though. She spins around on her OWN accord so you take tha has Acosta shoving her away. Nice try but..no.

Old 11-08-2018, 01:01 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
See, your opinion that Acosta's contact wasn't accidental might have some merit if you didn't keep ip the misleading narrative (read: dirty lies) that he struck and shoved the intern. You're being "overly imaginative."
He did strike her arm and shove her away from the mic he was trying to keep after POTUS had already called on another journalist. Look, I'm a reasonable person. Watch the entire C-SPAN video of the press conference and if you can point out another journalist using physical force and/or intimidation to keep the mic they know they're supposed to surrender when POTUS calls on the next journalist, I'll agree it wasn't assault. SHOW me. I'll wait...

Old 11-08-2018, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
It’s been called a karate chop by others here not you even though your wrong about her being shoved.
You can clearly see on the C-SPAN video that Acosta shoved her to try to keep her away from the mic.

Old 11-08-2018, 01:05 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,521,031 times
Quote:
Watch the entire C-SPAN video of the press conference and if you can point out another journalist using physical force and/or intimidation to keep the mic they know they're supposed to surrender when POTUS calls on the next journalist, I'll agree it wasn't assault. SHOW me. I'll wait...
Why are you asking me to do that? No one has said another reporter had an issue with the intern trying to get the mic away from them. I don't get how what other people do makes what Acosta did to be anything other than what we see in the video that shows him. Can you eplain why that is?

People keep mentioning that Acosta was being rude to the other reporters and I'm not really addressing that point. But I've seen other people that were in the room come to his defense so maybe they didn't think he was being that rude to them afternall.

Old 11-08-2018, 01:07 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:
You can clearly see on the C-SPAN video that Acosta shoved her to try to keep her away from the mic.
Any of the videos he put his arm down as she reached for the mic he said “pardon me mam.” That was it.

I really don’t know see how anyone sees more then that. if he would of shoved her she would of went down to the ground. I’m betting she weighs about 115 and was in heels she didn’t go down. Doesn’t matter which video he didn’t shove her.

Old 11-08-2018, 01:07 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Acosta has been warned about his behavior too many times....he continues to talk over, interrupt, hog other reporters time or when another reporter is called on, continue to talk over them....
Have you ever been to a press conference? Have you ever participated in a press conference? No?

Well, let me tell you what happens during press conferences. The press is there to ask questions, to persist when those questions aren't answered, and to follow up for clarifications when answers are given. Reporters routinely interrupt one another and talk at the same time in order for their questions to be heard. It's a common practice and it's not considered to be rude or unprofessional. Reporters, by nature, must be opportunists because they never know when the subject of the press conference will say "No more questions." The reporters are there for one reason only: to gather information.

Quote:
The contact wasn't accidental. Acosta was deliberately trying to keep the mic even after POTUS had already called on another journalist. He struck and shoved the intern, whose job it was to transfer the mic, in an effort to keep the mic he knew he was supposed to surrender.
He did no such thing - she reached in to take the mic away from him, and he moved away from her to keep her from taking the mic.

Quote:
If that's what you want to see, fine - whatever. But that is not what happened.

Old 11-08-2018, 01:08 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:

No. folks of rational thought CANNOT. Thats the point everyone keeps telling you over and over. But you think if you deny it enough it will magically be your way.

Or you are watching the doctored video, but you claim you arent, so I cant even be that charitable to you.

Old 11-08-2018, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Why are you asking me to do that? No one has said another reporter had an issue with the intern trying to get the mic away from them.
Because they all let her do her job. None of the others used physical force/intimidation to try to keep the mic away from the intern after POTUS had already called on the next journalist. Only Acosta used physical force/intimidation to keep the intern away from the mic. That's assault.

Old 11-08-2018, 01:12 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,623,038 times
Quote:
I can see throwing chocolate milk on someone as being battery more than I can see accidentally touching someone's arm because they are reaching across your body to take a mic being battery. I just hope it wasn't the True Moo whole chocolate milk. That stuff is way too good to be wasted.
Accidentally "touching" someones arm? Are you kidding me? Acosta deliberatly used his hand to push the young woman's arm away from him. THAT IS FACT! I dont care how you try to play it down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies