Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2018, 06:46 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Obama benefited from having the overwhelming majority of the press on his side

Once you start on this fantasy theres no hope. Obama had a press core that asked questions some of them pretty hard. Thats the reality. Meanwhile in your fantasy you have some conspiracy theory that they were all buddies. Folks, the press had a job, same now as back then. Your fantasies where republicans are this powerless group are just that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2018, 06:47 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Jim Acosta's a PITA.

Old 11-07-2018, 06:48 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,918,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photogal9 View Post
That's such a ridiculous post. Trump is the President of this country, like him or not, the President deserves respect.

If you don't like him, feel free to move. Venezuela sounds good.
But Presidents don't normally insult reporters and tell them outrageous lies to their faces either. I have to question anyones judgment who feels Trump behavior is even remotely acceptable.

Old 11-07-2018, 06:48 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.f11b83fc7e7d

There is complete video of his interaction. He didn't assault the lady in question, or any of that nonsense. Grow up and stop drinking the koolaid folks. So much for claims of me moving the goalposts.

Old 11-07-2018, 06:50 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

There is complete video of his interaction. He didn't assault the lady in question, or any of that nonsense. Grow up and stop drinking the koolaid folks. So much for claims of me moving the goalposts.
Is anybody accusing him of assault? You're the only one I've seen use that term.

Old 11-07-2018, 06:51 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,092,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

So you are going on the record saying it's OK for a man to push a woman away who is just doing her job.

Old 11-07-2018, 06:51 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 21 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,115,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Any harder mighta knocked her down.
For a minute i thought someone might defend her by knocking him on his ass

Old 11-07-2018, 06:53 PM

307 posts, read 118,667 times
I have mixed feelings on this.

Acosta absolutely acts in bad faith and routinely behaves like one of the young ladies from “Beverly Hills, 90210.”

But isn’t that his right? Like, he shouldn’t do it if he were a responsible journalist. But just because you shouldn’t do something if you’re acting like a decent adult doesn’t mean you can’t.

But what is to stop the next Dem president from doing this to a Fox News reporter?

I don’t like Jim Acosta, but I’m not sure this is the right move.

Old 11-07-2018, 06:54 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Trump is POTUS. Deal with it.

Then Trump needs to act like he’s the president and stop letting people get under his skin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
What tough questions?

Why don't you list out what Acosta said to Trump today. I want to hear why you think it is "journalism".

Please list them.
You watched the video I’m sure you and the other Tump supporters stuck your fingers in your ears and played MST 3000. Trumps can’t handle the pressure of being president that much is clear he showed the world that today. You can’t act like a 5 year having a temper tantrum because you didn’t like the questions your asked.
Even more so when your the president of the U.S.

Old 11-07-2018, 06:55 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,729,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
And they will...Trump can do this every day - the press won't give up - and thank GOD for them! Trump can yell "fake news" (otherwise known as Trump holding OUR ears and saying "you can't hear them") all he likes - all his ish is coming out.
"Fake News" was their term to begin with. It's kinda funny that Trump stole it and made it his own thing, but there's a lot of truth to the accusations. Trump is a real life Internet troll. He is astoundingly good at getting people to freak out and when the news media freaks out, they lose what little objectivity they had left. He messes with their heads and they keep getting more and more and more biased and propagandist as a result. This destroys their credibility and people everywhere take up the mantra, "Fake News!" And they freak out even more, become even more unobjective and politically biased.

Trump is trolling the overpaid obsolete mega corporate news media into committing suicide. It's a very strange thing to watch. Remember when they used to actually report the news? Now they're obsessing about how evil Trump is all day, with a tiny trickle of actual news sneaking its way in through the cracks on occasion. They don't even realize what Trump has turned them into. it's sad.

The Dems and the news media could fix things. Just dial everything back, make peace and hug it out with Orange Hitler and just calm down. They absolutely can do it, but they just won't. The Dems took the house. Their plan? "RESIST!!" He's going to play the same game on them too. Trump is about to con several hundred grown adults into not doing the job of running he country and yet somehow they just can't help themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies