Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2018, 09:51 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,830,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
I bet you were just as outraged when white nationalists were marching in Virginia and saying down with the Jews
Did you hear any posters supporting them? I didnt.

ADDED: I have little doubt someone will mention Trump saying there were good people on both sides. There were, and he wasn't saying the fringe elements were good. That's such a weak argument being used out of context. The people on either side, demonstrating peacefully, were the good people. Trying to make it about the fringe on either side is disingenuous at best.

I do have to pick at the term "white nationalist" though. It's a term that has been so bastardized that it's impossible to determine the context in which it is being used anymore.

You want to apply it to actual racists? I get that. But, when it's being applied to anyone with a viewpoint to the right, there's a real problem. Unfortunately, I see it being used the later way far more often than the former. It's an intellectually lazy way to attack someone with an opposing opinion that you cant counter on your own. That needs to stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2018, 10:14 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
When you start to break in a mans front door.... This is why many states have the Castle Doctrine.

You do deserve to be shot. Dead. Sorry.

Old 11-09-2018, 10:44 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,394,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
I bet you were just as outraged when white nationalists were marching in Virginia and saying down with the Jews
And Jews say down with the gentiles, in Israel and their texts (try getting equal social treatment in Brooklyn, for example). In fact, their eschatology requires the eventual removal of all gentiles from Israel. That's a fact, as any honest Orthodox Jew would inform you.

Can a "nation" survive as such that condones non-integration nationalist groups, or non-integration for some and forced integration for others?

You should be careful of your subject matter lest you get into a debate that you are out of your depth in.

Old 11-09-2018, 10:44 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
When you start to break in a mans front door.... This is why many states have the Castle Doctrine.

You do deserve to be shot. Dead. Sorry.

Amen and amen and you are right ...

Old 11-09-2018, 01:47 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Every bit of that was true. Sad you don't see it.
It was an ABSOLUTE lie and it's sad that you continue to promote it.

Old 11-09-2018, 01:48 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Has anyone been arrested yet? And do we know for sure they are Antifa and not paid actors?

Old 11-09-2018, 02:13 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Has anyone been arrested yet? And do we know for sure they are Antifa and not paid actors?
duh! they claimed responsibility.

Quote:
Smash Racism D.C., which calls itself an "anti-fascist," or Antifa, group, claimed responsibility for the protest on social media. It has previously targeted Ted Cruz, Kirstjen Nielsen, and other right-wing figures.

Some of the signs were seized as evidence. The police report describes the incident as a "suspected hate crime" and says the motivation was "anti-political."

Old 11-09-2018, 02:17 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
I'm very much left of center, and I don't approve. Angry mobs can easily get out of hand, resulting in people getting hurt. There are better ways to register dissent.

Old 11-09-2018, 02:33 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Tucker is on vacation. He called into the guest host last night to talk about it.

He was very clear this represents a tiny minority of people.

He believes one of the people at his door has been a guest on his show.

He had received numerous calls and text messages from folks at CNN and MSNBC.

He lives in a majority Democrat neighborhood and everyone is appalled.

He called for civility.

Then Hannity came on and all civility went out the window.

Old 11-09-2018, 02:39 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
There is no central leadership in Antifa. The ideology appeals to groups and people.

Anyone can identify as Atifa. No initiation. No membership cards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies