Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2018, 03:29 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Unfortunately, the only way to remove a Supreme Court Justice is through impeachment, and they can only be impeached for acts committed while serving as a Supreme Court Justice.

Article 3 Section 1:

The judicial Power of the United States, shall be vested in one supreme Court, and in such inferior Courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish. The Judges, both of the supreme and inferior Courts, shall hold their Offices during good Behavior, and shall, at stated Times, receive for their Services a Compensation which shall not be diminished during their Continuance in Office.

There's no mechanism for removing a justice that is in ill-health.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Someone needs to remind Dem Congressmen of this when they start ranting about impeaching Kavanaugh.
they sure do.

‘You Can’t Do It Quietly’: Top Democrat Overheard Discussing Kavanaugh Impeachment Plans

Old 11-08-2018, 03:47 PM

1,781 posts, read 955,928 times
Has Trump been blamed for her fall yet? If not, it's just a matter of time...

Old 11-08-2018, 03:51 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,224,848 times
I just can't understand why someone her age, and with her long record of service doesn't retire while she still has some time to enjoy the remainder of her life. I just can't imagine trying to work til I die at my desk.

She has earned a retirement and could certainly retire proud of her career. Here's what I think is pushing her to not do that though;

She knows she screwed up. She miscalculated - all the Dems did. They overplayed their hand, and believed their own press. They all really thought Crooked Hillary would be POTUS and that her replacement would be safe.

And because its NOT she feels like she let down her "side" and so its her sense of guilt and obligation to that...she feels like if maybe she can live long enough, it will be okay.

Which is admirable in a sense...I can respect that impulse of personal responsibility, as much as I find her political bias abhorrent. Judges shouldn't be viewing the bench as partisan in the first place, that's the only problem with this kind of thing. Fidelity, to the law, and not to a party or a movement, should be the guiding principle.

However, she is no longer capable of doing her job in any case (biased as it might be) and should step down, because Americans deserve jurists who are fully intellectually and physically fit enough to meet the rigors of the bench. That's the MINIMUM requirement. Being a faithful originalist is another requirement but that's neither here nor there at this point.

Old 11-08-2018, 03:53 PM

1,261 posts, read 567,597 times
She was very anti-Christian heard from many people

Old 11-08-2018, 04:02 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow1 View Post
Jeez..... one ugly comment after another about someones misfortune. Didn't your mother ever tell you "If you can't say something nice"?
Did you ever notice the most vile and ugly comments about Kavanaugh or Trump are allowed but the minute its a liberal they need protection.
Mom taught equal treatment, not double standards.

Last edited by phma; 11-08-2018 at 04:19 PM..

Old 11-08-2018, 04:05 PM

13,730 posts, read 7,992,868 times
The woman isn't in good health and should have retired a couple of years ago. The problem is her vanity kept her on the bench. She wanted to be replaced by H.C.

Now she is stuck holding on until 2025. Falling down the stairs isn't a good sign at all. But you can bet she'll have all medical personal watching over her day and night if that's what it takes.

Yet if her body is breaking down and she might not be able to work in another year or so. Assuming she doesn't suddenly pass away my guess is would she would be willing to stay in a hospital bed until 2025 in order for a Dem to fill her seat.

The Rep will not be able to remove her from the bench but if she can't get out of bed she can't vote either.
https://www.quora.com/If-Ruth-Bader-...er-appointment
'
As far as rude comments go. The message boards and twitter will filled with rejoice and hate filled comments after Justice Scalia suddenly passed away. Oh, my. Life was grand. Obama would replace that evil man and HC would continue to moving the high court left.

But here we are today and the notorious RBG just isn't looking good.

You want to see fireworks just wait... should RBG suddenly die and Amy Barrett be nominated as a replacement look out.

The left will go hard core crazy.

But with a 3 seat margin I can't see the Dems blocking such a nomination.

Old 11-08-2018, 04:07 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,984,385 times
If her condition becomes detrimental to the court then she should be forcibly removed. You can’t put self preservation before the welfare of the court/country

Old 11-08-2018, 04:15 PM

2,985 posts, read 1,748,885 times
You can bet the dossier work on Amy Coney Barrett just went into triple time after RBG took her spill.

It’s going to be interesting seeing the left try to construct a mountain of filthy lies to attack her, gonna be tricky since she seem to be an upstanding woman. But the sorry left will come up with something I’m sure.

Old 11-08-2018, 04:30 PM

5,104 posts, read 2,050,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
The woman isn't in good health and should have retired a couple of years ago. The problem is her vanity kept her on the bench. She wanted to be replaced by H.C.

As far as rude comments go. The message boards and twitter will filled with rejoice and hate filled comments after Justice Scalia suddenly passed away. Oh, my. Life was grand. Obama would replace that evil man and HC would continue to moving the high court left.

But here we are today and the notorious RBG just isn't looking good.

You want to see fireworks just wait... should RBG suddenly die and Amy Barrett be nominated as a replacement look out.

The left will go hard core crazy.

But with a 3 seat margin I can't see the Dems blocking such a nomination.
There's already some Twitter posts about RBG. https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&...burg"&src=tren
and that one is a bit eerie.
https://twitter.com/SweetFreedom29/s...74524285411328

Btw, I have to confess then I might have a hard time to resist to the temptation to play the Wizard of Oz song "Ding-dong the witch is dead" when RBG will pass away.

Old 11-08-2018, 04:46 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Ah yes. The level of political discourse amongst some of our more opinionated members. An elderly woman has a fall and her situation is treated as a joke. Some of our members don’t have the depth of intelligence to say anything on this forum beyond crude nonsense and personal attacks.
A joke? What is funny?

A joke stretches the truth, somewhere along the lines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies