Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 09:48 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,975,351 times

Advertisements

As long as we also dig in to see who was lying about their claims about what he did to them in terms of assault and sexual abuse. Whats fair is fair. Apply the law equally to everyone, SCOTUS or accuser, same rules apply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2018, 09:49 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,726,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
None of this would surprise me, coming out of Nadler's mouth. But what is the source of this story? Did the author interview Nadler, on the record, while riding on the train? Did she just happen to be sitting next to him and overhear him blabbing into his cell phone? Did someone else claim to overhear the conversations and relate his version of the conversations to the author?

I'd like more information before deciding whether this is a news article or a gossip piece.
Agreed. Nothing to differentiate this from "fake news" at this point.

Old 11-08-2018, 09:52 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Good. About time we had some checks and balances instead of the Republicans getting away with murder !

But you guys really liked it better that way, didn't you?
That appears to be what the country wants. A check on a president who tends to stretch the bounds of executive power into abuse of power.

Old 11-08-2018, 09:53 AM

45,579 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Where did the linked article say Nadler discussed impeachment? I saw a mention that only someone calling him, did.
Why else would they bother with Kavanaugh at this point?

Old 11-08-2018, 09:57 AM

45,579 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
None of this would surprise me, coming out of Nadler's mouth. But what is the source of this story? Did the author interview Nadler, on the record, while riding on the train? Did she just happen to be sitting next to him and overhear him blabbing into his cell phone? Did someone else claim to overhear the conversations and relate his version of the conversations to the author?

I'd like more information before deciding whether this is a news article or a gossip piece.
I wouldn't call it fake news... but it is gossip. I clearly state that info comes from an overheard conversation. The reporter heard the call.

Nadler was headed to DC for a two-day planning session with his staff and Judiciary Committee staff. “We’ve got to figure out what we’re doing,” he explained in a phone call with a friend. Nadler requested that the friend’s name be concealed on the grounds he is a private citizen.

This tells me the reporter actually spoke with Nadler.

Old 11-08-2018, 10:00 AM

18,725 posts, read 7,604,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Why else would they bother with Kavanaugh at this point?
So Nadler never discussed impeachment, contrary to the title of this thread?

Old 11-08-2018, 10:12 AM

5,859 posts, read 3,297,105 times
That would be a pretty dumb thing to do. But whatever I hope he tries it. Will make the Democrats look awful. Also I believe even if it did happen it would have to go through the senate. The senate will never impeach him. But go ahead Jerry!!!

Old 11-08-2018, 10:17 AM

1,070 posts, read 392,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
"getting away with murder"... do you mean a better economy? do you mean installing Kavanaugh - which is what the people wanted through the election?
Seriously!? SERIOUSLY!? People voted for Trump so that they would get Kavanaugh?! How many even knew that this guy existed 3 months ago?!

Old 11-08-2018, 10:18 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,660,890 times
I have no doubt they will go after Trump one way or the other but i don't see the Democrats mounting much of an effort to impeach Kavanaugh... no body, even in the Democratic fold, believe Kavanaugh sexually assaulted anyone and even if they still have doubts, they certainly don't think they can prove it...... that is fools gold and even if you doubt the Democrats intellect, they are not that STUPID!

Now Trump is another story, i fully expect them to mount a serious effort to at least discredit him if not impeach.. it could be a double edged sword.. if they find credible evidence to impeach, they can likely win the White House in 2020..if not, there numbers likely shrink in 2020... and we get another 4 years of Trump...

Old 11-08-2018, 10:19 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,852,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Brat "pickled liver" Kavanaugh is a corporate tool and a proven serial liar.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies