Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 11:41 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
Why? I am an Independent, but why do they bring politics into the workplace, going in your face challenging you if you voted for Trump or a Republican or if you are a "ally", talking about white privilege, etc.

I mean, conservative white women rant about abortion and such, but why do liberal white women take it the extreme?
You never see the conservative ones because they were raised to believe their place is in the kitchen and the bedroom.

Old 11-09-2018, 11:42 AM

5,117 posts, read 2,159,880 times
I'm a left leaning Libertarian living in Seattle so I'm in the thick of the Democratic beehive. Are liberal white women more annoying than conservative white women? No not really. Fact of the matter is that most people live their lives and don't wear their political emotions on their sleeves. Also there aren't that many that walk around "triggered and waiting to snap" types...probably far less than you'd think.

My wife and I dress rather conservatively. So for instance if we go out for breakfast on a Sunday and the waitress is off the charts liberal, 99% of the time she won't be rude. There will be some negative energy and minimal chit chat but she'll be professional and do her job. You get used to this type of behavior and after awhile, it's harmless.

Just goes to show that it's the media and higher powers that be that interested in dividing the masses. But not everybody drinks the cool aide. It's usually people being people living their lives with a smile on their faces.

Old 11-09-2018, 11:42 AM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Progressives are far more religious than conservatives, and more likely to either try to convert you or denounce you as a sinner.
This is true, for example the black community is both deeply religious and liberal.

You would have better luck trying to fly, than convert or separate the black community from religion.

Ofcourse the irony is a large percentage of African Americans are homosexuals who are forced to hide their sexual orientation as its frowned upon in the black religious community.

Old 11-09-2018, 11:47 AM

10,229 posts, read 6,309,606 times
Conservative white women? You mean like the woman on the LIE with Trump stickers all over her car who tried to run us off the road screaming at us, and giving us the finger, in a car carrying Mom, Grandma, and two Babies under 3 for having a Bernie and Hillary sticker on our car?

As an old Democratic woman, get OUT OF YOUR CAR, young woman, and face GRANNY one to one. You wouldn't DARE I bet.

Old 11-09-2018, 11:48 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
This is true, for example the black community is both deeply religious and liberal.

You would have better luck trying to fly, than convert or separate the black community from religion.

Ofcourse the irony is a large percentage of African Americans are homosexuals who are forced to hide their sexual orientation as its frowned upon in the black religious community.
And muslims are fanatically religious and vote liberal, Hispanics are probably more religious than whites, vote liberal.

Old 11-09-2018, 12:09 PM

29 posts, read 26,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
I guess it’s because they have a brain and conservatives find that unattractive in a woman.
You assume a degree in Fine Arts and General Studies equates intelligence? I have a number of female friends, co-workers and family members that are, Doctors, Teachers, CPA's, Attorneys, R.N.'s and even a Federal Agent friend who happens to be gay, and they are all Conservatives. My very liberal ex daughter in law has a Degree in Fine Arts and she blames sexism because she can't find a job. These grandiose elistists tend to look down on anyone else who has a different opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies