Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 08:01 AM

764 posts, read 235,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
And for some, like the patrons of the bar in Thousand Oaks, it is time to die. It's a small price to pay to ensure your 2cd amendment rights, true?
It is not a SMALL price, but it is THE price. Let me ask you and everyone else......... Are there ANY rights that you believe are worth lives? If so, list them now.

Old 11-09-2018, 08:17 AM

50,265 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
And for some, like the patrons of the bar in Thousand Oaks, it is time to die. It's a small price to pay to ensure your 2cd amendment rights, true?
Yes

First, we'll never get Australian style rules and bans
Second, time to avoid gun free zones without enough armed security

In summary it's 2018 we need to act accordingly since we have an estimated 400 million firearms on our streets now and we simply don't all get along for crap. Many of us just hate each other. Knowing that, I'll adjust my ways to lessen the odds of being a target.

Old 11-09-2018, 08:20 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,117,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
They're tools for hunting and protecting. But they are built to destroy whatever they're being aimed at.So they are also to be respected as dangerous tools and can be used as weapons.

At the same time I feel like people use guns to project an image. To glorify themselves.

On the other hand people are just completely anti gun because they never handled one and don't understand how to use one.

But we should all agree that we wanna make sure that guns are only in the hands of those who are educated and also in a sane state of mind.

That's my two cents..
We appreciate your concerns. Wanna expand on the part where gun owners must be educated?

Old 11-09-2018, 09:02 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,585,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
We appreciate your concerns. Wanna expand on the part where gun owners must be educated?
I can't speak for the OP, but this is one rare occasion when I agree with phantompilot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Common sense. Gun is a tool. A potentially lethal tool. Everyone who has custody of one, should be trained in its safe handling, operation and storage.
Gun ownership is a right. It is also a heavy responsibility, and should be treated as such.

Old 11-09-2018, 09:07 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,283,162 times
Quote:
They're tools for hunting and protecting. But they are built to destroy whatever they're being aimed at.So they are also to be respected as dangerous tools and can be used as weapons.

At the same time I feel like people use guns to project an image. To glorify themselves.

On the other hand people are just completely anti gun because they never handled one and don't understand how to use one.

But we should all agree that we wanna make sure that guns are only in the hands of those who are educated and also in a sane state of mind.

That's my two cents..
I don't own a gun...never have.

As the mass shootings continue, so will the attack on guns. More gun control, abolish this and that. As a naive person towards guns, I do think certain items should be kept out of the hands of the general public.

At the end of the day, my overall belief is that guns take the rap for the bad things, and I don't think guns are the real problem. Psychology is the problem. Call it mental illness to those who carry out these terrible acts. Funding should be funneled much more towards research of this subject. Guns are simply the tool, whether it be for hunting or for the mentally ill.

Old 11-09-2018, 09:20 AM

14,227 posts, read 4,590,273 times
Liberal Hollywood earns billions of dollars from violent Blockbuster movies, but they sure hell hate guns.

Old 11-09-2018, 09:31 AM

408 posts, read 214,908 times
Quote:
Heard all this argument from the gun rights folks a thousand times.

What I have finally concluded is that at the end of the day they believe that the ever increasing bloodshed we see due to gun violence in the USA is a small price to pay to ensure that there is no restriction on their right to own weapons.

Their rationalization for this immoral stance is based on paranoia for the most part.

Take that fanatical viewpoint, and add in the fact that the firearms industry makes untold billions in profit by promoting this paranoia, and you have a situation that will only continue to get worse.

There is no solution for this one folks. Get over it. Mass slaughters by gun WILL continue to increase, as our society becomes more and more divided and the structure of civility and mutual respect keeps disintegrating. The 2cd amendment guarantees this.

Heard all this argument from the anti-gun rights folks a thousand times.

What I have finally concluded is that at the end of the day they believe that the bloodshed we see due to government abdicating its duty to punish gun criminals can be used in a fallacious argument to try to enact restrictions on those people least likely to cause mayhem or injury with their guns.

Their rationalization for this immoral stance is based on the advancement of a leftist agenda for the most part that stands the foundational principles of liberty and justice on their head. The concept of original, fundamental --not granted by government --rights must be extinguished.

Take that fanatical viewpoint, and add in the fact that anti-gunners really, really, really distrust their fellow citizens, and you arrive at the present state of benevolent leftist authoritarianism. They feel that without the guiding hand of their vision of government, regular citizens will devolve into racist, sexist, homophobic, violent sub-humans. This paranoia is contrasted by leftists welcoming and embracing foreigners who have no affinity for the US's foundational principles or even basic respect for any values of Western society in general.

Now, mix in their coddling and nurturing of the violent criminal underclass, and you have a situation that will only continue to get worse. BUT, while they point to crime as a defect of our society that must be addressed, they only say that to argue for more laws on the law-abiding . . . It is clear that leftists believe that the chaos and pain caused by criminals is less of a threat to their conception of a 'perfect society' than citizens who think themselves free and independent and who cherish their rights and freedom. Who they deem the enemy is quite evident.

There is no solution for this one folks. Get over it. Both everyday criminal brutality and mass slaughters by gun WILL continue to increase, as our society becomes more and more divided and the structure of the rule of law, civility and mutual respect keeps being denigrated and dismantled. The leftist's core disrespect for citizens and utter rejection of the US's foundational principles and rights guarantees this.

Old 11-09-2018, 09:36 AM

408 posts, read 214,908 times
Quote:

LOL.

The people of California have no "2nd Amendment rights".

The federal 2nd Amendment remains unenforced in the state and California is a state that has no right to arms provision in its state constitution. The state legislature has taken this to mean that anything goes and they are free to enact whatever gun control they desire.

Old 11-09-2018, 09:36 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,076 times
Quote:

That's my two cents..
Agreed, but where we always get stuck is the how. It's hard for us to understand how we can make this happen when any proposal will be politicized and filtered through whichever political sphere/bubble we belong to.

Old 11-09-2018, 11:27 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,118,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL IRON View Post
It is not a SMALL price, but it is THE price. Let me ask you and everyone else......... Are there ANY rights that you believe are worth lives? If so, list them now.
How about the Constitution? Look at how many people have died, starting with the revolution, to secure our rights. If you do away with the 2nd, which are you willing to give up next? Free speech maybe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies