Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 06:28 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,079,987 times

Advertisements

He voted. Case closed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2018, 06:32 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,968,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
He voted. Case closed.
After he contacted the voting office... then had to wait over an hour and a half because of triggered Hawaiian santa clause

Old 11-09-2018, 06:34 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,514,221 times
I may be wrong, but isnt it highly inappropriate to have the american flag on clothing in the first place?

Old 11-09-2018, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
After he contacted the voting office... then had to wait over an hour and a half because of triggered Hawaiian santa clause
There are people who waited for hours. The guy voted, case closed.

Old 11-09-2018, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I may be wrong, but isnt it highly inappropriate to have the american flag on clothing in the first place?
Yes. People don't seem to remember that.

Old 11-09-2018, 06:40 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,644,254 times
Quote:
He voted. Case closed.
Yes, but this poll worker made it much harder for this man to vote which is voter suppression. Which seems to be a trigger word these days especially in NOV.. It can blatant as this incident was or it can be subtle but it exists and it must be called out and rectified and those perpetrating it should be disqualified from working or volunteering at Polls.

Old 11-09-2018, 06:41 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,968,246 times
Quote:
hmmmmm... thats the same exact flag that is on the US military's uniforms. Hence, the veteran was wearing it....

Old 11-09-2018, 06:50 AM

33,061 posts, read 12,328,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Quite the opposite here. Technically I think Louisiana law simply says you can't wear anything with the name of any of the current candidates or about any of the ballot measures/constitutional amendments currently being voted on. President Trump isn't REALLY on the ballot, you see?

They let me in there with a MAGA hat and a Border Patrol shirt!!! Last year in state elections I wore a Confederate flag shirt (to protest the removal of Confederate monuments in New Orleans) and they let me in just fine. I also wasn't the only person who wore a Confederate flag shirt to the polling place.

I do happen to live in a very Republican parish where Trump won over 80% of the vote. I don't live in an incorporated city but the nearest incorporated town has a 4-1 Republican majority city council and the two bordering towns are entirely Republican on the municipal level.
In the last few months at my local mall (The Woodlands Mall) I've seen some middle aged people and some teenagers wearing old Reagan Bush campaign shirts (IIRC, my county...Montgomery, just north of Houston...went 73% for Trump).

In one of the pictures of the aftermath of the shooting in Thousand Oaks, CA I saw one person wearing a Reagan Bush campaign shirt.

Old 11-09-2018, 07:05 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,514,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
hmmmmm... thats the same exact flag that is on the US military's uniforms. Hence, the veteran was wearing it....
According to Flag etiquette, its not appropriate to display the American flag on civilian type clothing.

Old 11-09-2018, 07:10 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,077,608 times
Quote:
I may be wrong, but isn't it highly inappropriate to have the american flag on clothing in the first place?
Quote:
Yes. People don't seem to remember that.
First of all I doubt the veracity of this story. But if it is true, in what universe would wearing a flag motif inappropriately be a reason to deny someone their right to vote?

Here's a true story that I personally witnessed at our neighborhood voting place. There was a volunteer poll worker stationed at the entrance, greeting voters as they entered. He was wearing an ICE gimme cap. My friend complained to another volunteer. By the time we were done voting, a local LE officer had arrived and was talking to the guy, who then removed the hat.

It was a total dick move for the guy to wear it, trying to intimidate voters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies