Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 12:50 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,048,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Let me know how that works out for you. NFL ratings are up this year.
Ratings are up, ticket sales are up. The NFL is king in the USA.

Trumplings hate the NFL because some of the black players won't back down from angry Donald.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2018, 12:55 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,685,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
National boycott of the NFL for Sunday November 11th, Veterans Day Weekend. Boycott all football telecast, all fans, all ticket holders, stay away from attending any games, let them play to empty stadiums. Pass this post along to all your friends and family. Honor our military, some of whom come home with the American Flag draped over their coffin.

Pitiful disrespect of our dead military that you advocate. Members of our armed services will be the first to tell you that the symbol of America the land of the free cannot just be a flag. They do not risk their lives for a flag.

You, Mike/OP need to understand what they know. If you want to claim our country as the land of the free the symbol is also one of its citizens exercising his or her right to kneel in protest.

Celebrate that, honor that. Till then your words ring hollow and the action you suggest dishonors their sacrifice.

And besides when is the NFL the symbol of the military?

Last edited by corpgypsy; 11-10-2018 at 01:03 PM..

Old 11-10-2018, 12:56 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,724,063 times
Oh, wait...…..the Steelers aren't playing tomorrow > Ok, I just joined the protest !

Old 11-10-2018, 12:58 PM

4,003 posts, read 2,678,170 times
This vet does not give a damn if people want to watch the football game or not. It's not like the public gives much of a hang in reality anyway. It's just one more thing for the self-righteous folk to pat themselves on the back and feel good about themselves while saying, "I support the troops!"

I won't be watching myself, but that's because I'm not a football fan in the first place. Now, if it were baseball season and my beloved Cards were playing...…..

Old 11-10-2018, 12:58 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,780,083 times
Quote:
National boycott of the NFL for Sunday November 11th, Veterans Day Weekend. Boycott all football telecast, all fans, all ticket holders, stay away from attending any games, let them play to empty stadiums. Pass this post along to all your friends and family. Honor our military, some of whom come home with the American Flag draped over their coffin.
Boycott ~ How asinine!

I served and everyone I knew did so with the understanding of freedom of speech; “take a knee” is included in that freedom. And you have the freedom to avoid watching the NFL game anytime you want, grow a brain!

Old 11-10-2018, 01:00 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,421,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Ratings are up, ticket sales are up. The NFL is king in the USA.

Trumplings hate the NFL because some of the black players won't back down from angry Donald.

Do you think that if you asked them what Armistice Day is, they would even know?

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 11-10-2018 at 01:24 PM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 11-10-2018, 01:06 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,685,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Who's playing?

So, to be clear, people boycotting can watch college football, but not professionals?

Is it ok to watch soccer? They call it football in Europe, but the fans seem more interested in watching the games than the player's politics. This boycotting gets so complicated.

I don't even know what channel I am supposed to not watch.

Ouch it is a dilemma isn't it. We Steeler fans have lucked out I guess...we played on Thursday.

Old 11-10-2018, 01:07 PM

21,431 posts, read 7,387,167 times
Quote:
Hahahaha

You guys are all full of nonsense. But if you like, pay more attention to high school football, a genuine sport where the teams are genuinely local.

What really dishonors our veterans who gave their last measure for the nation is when we refuse to address wrongs in this country and drape our unpatriotic obstinacy in the flag they died for. Kneeling before a game is not a problem, citizens getting shot and even killed by public servants is a problem.

Let's fix the problems. Let's make America greater than ever.

Old 11-10-2018, 01:47 PM

29,446 posts, read 22,380,251 times
Yes, because we all remember how powerfully effective the military boycott of the NFL last year turned out.

The average American isn't going to give a toss about boycotting anything in 'support' of the military, outside of a few fake "we support/thank the troops, rah rah rah" verbal shot outs.

I'm sorry to burst people's bubbles, but many of us and our causes and beliefs aren't that special as we think they are.

The past issues with NFL ratings had little to do with the anthem kneeling issues. And as others point out, NFL ratings are actually going UP across most markets.

https://www.wane.com/entertainment/n...ges/1585949244

https://deadline.com/2018/11/steeler...rs-1202498946/

Old 11-10-2018, 01:52 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,613,456 times
Quote:
Why?

Seriously, what is the impetus behind this call to...something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies