Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 08:27 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I get so aggravated at some posters on here, who believe full autos being smuggled into the US, is a rare thing, Im not sure how they came to believe this!

They act like the laws against fully automatic weapons are nearly 100% effective!! or even more comical, that people are paying upwards of $20K for a single full auto!
what's even harder to believe is how much the fascist liberals think that banning anything works

liberals outlawed cannabis in 1937...just how well has that worked... just how well is their war on drugs working

Old 11-17-2018, 10:05 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"anyone wanting to own a firearm should have to go through a NRA course at least once to familiarize yourself with the weapon and learn the proper way to shoot/handle it."

Another wide brush, "1 size fits all" thinking.

So a person who has served, say 2 tours in Afghanistan as a combat soldier, should have to go through your "training" course.

Hell, he could TEACH the course!

I did 2 tours in Viet Nam, should I have to go through your course? I think I KNOW how to shoot/handle a gun.

I was a fire arms instructor in high school.

That's the JROTC ran, that those on rifle team were used as instructors on the line during annual JROTC marksmanship instruction block.

Old 11-17-2018, 10:13 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,218,929 times
Remember New York's SAFE law? Everyone with an AR-15 (or various other weapons on the list) was required to register them within a certain timeframe or risk becoming a felon. Apparently that failed to impress most folks as the law was seemingly widely ignored. As one writer put it "The people seemed to have repealed the law on their own".

Old 11-17-2018, 10:27 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
Remember New York's SAFE law? Everyone with an AR-15 (or various other weapons on the list) was required to register them within a certain timeframe or risk becoming a felon. Apparently that failed to impress most folks as the law was seemingly widely ignored. As one writer put it "The people seemed to have repealed the law on their own".
I didn't register any of mine. FUAC.
I lost them in a tragic boating accident on the Hudson River.

I left that chithole overtaxed state.

Old 11-17-2018, 05:42 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,214,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
It was not just New York, but also Connecticut, and in both cases only about 50,000 per state choose to register the AR-15 or similar type of weapons. That left about 500,000 in each state that choose to just ignore that law. That's correct about 1 million people combined in both states.

And the states their have chosen to just ignore the people who are willfully thumbing their noses at the States Registration Law.

Old 11-17-2018, 05:46 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post

It makes it easier to control the firearm upon rapid repeated firing. Being able to easily control a firearm upon repeated firing is one of the most dangerous aspects a gun can have. It allows somebody intent on killing multiple people to keep rounds on target by negating the guns tendency to climb.
This is one of the dumbest things I have ever read on a gun thread. Yes because lack of muzzle control is much safer for everyone. The intent to kill multiple people in the first place seems like a much bigger problem.

Old 11-17-2018, 05:55 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
It was not just New York, but also Connecticut, and in both cases only about 50,000 per state choose to register the AR-15 or similar type of weapons. That left about 500,000 in each state that choose to just ignore that law. That's correct about 1 million people combined in both states.

And the states their have chosen to just ignore the people who are willfully thumbing their noses at the States Registration Law.
Those must be grandfathered weapons because NY, NJ, CT are all ban states. Along with MA, MD, DC, CA and possible RI also. (cant remember)

Old 11-17-2018, 06:04 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,214,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Those must be grandfathered weapons because NY, NJ, CT are all ban states. Along with MA, MD, DC, CA and possible RI also. (cant remember)
Correct they were for previous purchased weapons. But again estimated 1 million people between both states refused to register their AR-15's or similar weapons. That speaks volumes to the level of how serious people about keeping their 2nd amendment rights are.

Old 11-17-2018, 06:05 PM

1,406 posts, read 801,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeloresRainwater View Post
i dont think people need machine guns they also dont need them automatic ones i got my pistol as a lady living azlone i feel afe with my pistol loded and ready to go if i need to start shooting
Well then you should be happy that there are relatively few machine guns and automatic firearms in civilian hands, and I'd be surprised if the number of those that are used in crimes every year breaks 100.

Old 11-17-2018, 07:05 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
Correct they were for previous purchased weapons. But again estimated 1 million people between both states refused to register their AR-15's or similar weapons. That speaks volumes to the level of how serious people about keeping their 2nd amendment rights are.
That speaks volumes, the several states passing laws saying they won't all federal gun control laws to be enforced in their states do as well. Many counties in Illinois (at least) are becoming sanctuary counties for gun owners where they won't enforce state gun laws https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/08/us/il...rnd/index.html. The sheriff of Ferry County WA is refusing to enforce the anti 2nd amendment law just passed in WA. This will only become more common as the left pushes for more illegal, ineffective, irresponsible "gun control" laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies