Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 09:53 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,225,101 times

Advertisements

If Newton was black, trust me, we would never hear the end of it and everyone will be made to know about his achievements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2018, 09:55 AM

197 posts, read 97,917 times
If there was a statue of Sir Isaac Newton, the left would be vying to have it torn down because Newton was a white male.

They probably think Newton stole F=MG from advanced African civilizations that he colonized. Only possible explanation.

Old 11-12-2018, 10:00 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,175 posts, read 13,455,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
This could be an interesting thread, but the OP forgot to include a link. What's the reference for the discussion?
I still think it's interesting enough.

Although I wonder how many Americans would know who the recently deceased Stephen Hawing was. Hawking had a lot of media attention, starred in The Simpsons and even had a film made of his life, so I suspect todays generation are more likely to know of Hawking than Newton.

Newton and Hawking both spent around 30 years as Lucasian Professor of Mathmatics at the University of Cambridge and Hawking's has been laif to rest at Westminster Abbey between the graves of Sir Isaac Newton and Charles Darwin.

Lucasian Professor of Mathematics - Wikipedia

Stephen Hawking laid to rest between graves of Sir Isaac Newton and Charles Darwin - The Telegraph

Old 11-12-2018, 10:05 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
The idea that civil rights is communistic, is laughable

Too many in the West, are losing sight of the value of equality -these people are traitors to the West.
Where is your reference? You make nonsensical statements and then accuse treachery. "Equality" was never equality of outcome, only equality under the law. Equality of outcome is a communist concept.

In reality, your "civil rights" has almost always been used for communist aims. In reality, it still is. This nations founding precepts have been re-interpreted ad nauseum by communists, which you are now defending.

And everyone throws up a little bit in their mouths when communists invoke nationalist concepts such as treason. The very notion that borders exist, and thus that there is something to be treasonous to, is a anathema to communists.

Old 11-12-2018, 10:07 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Education today is more about political indoctrination, and being PC than learning those things that can help us in life. Diversity, Multi Culturalism, Anti Capitalism, White Privilege, etc are the new three R's.

Old 11-12-2018, 10:07 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallbuilder View Post
Yea, I'm not buying the idea that liberals are "pro-education" or "pro-reason."

I'm not buying the allegation in the thread title until it's supported by facts.

And I'm not buying the implication that liberals are solely responsible until that's also supported by facts.

Old 11-12-2018, 10:08 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I still think it's interesting enough.
How is it interesting when there is no proof of the OPs statement (that he cited)?

Saying that this thread is interesting is like saying that a thread based on me stating "the sky is red" is interesting, unless I were to cite a source.

My intuition says the OP is correct, but if he's not then the discussion is risking group endorsement of a false premise. We don't want to behave like progressives.

Old 11-12-2018, 10:08 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
If Newton was black, trust me, we would never hear the end of it and everyone will be made to know about his achievements.

Nah, you only offer opinion, not facts.

Old 11-12-2018, 10:10 AM

9,169 posts, read 13,249,970 times
Default Kids in school know who Martin Luther King is, don't know who Sir Isaac Newton is

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallbuilder View Post
Yea, I'm not buying the idea that liberals are "pro-education" or "pro-reason."
I would argue that Martin Luther King has far more relevance to Americans then Sir Isaac Newtown.

Having said that, it is a shame that Americans do not know more historical figures and history in general.

Old 11-12-2018, 10:11 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Where is your reference? You make nonsensical statements and then accuse treachery. "Equality" was never equality of outcome, only equality under the law. Equality of outcome is a communist concept.

In reality, your "civil rights" has almost always been used for communist aims. In reality, it still is. This nations founding precepts have been re-interpreted ad nauseum by communists, which you are now defending.

And everyone throws up a little bit in their mouths when communists invoke nationalist concepts such as treason. The very notion that borders exist, and thus that there is something to be treasonous to, is a anathema to communists.
Who cares about outcome? -I'm talking about not having to sit up the back of a bus, or not being able to drive a car.

Traitors to the West ignore these, because they are more concerned with being obedient, than being free
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies