Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 02:47 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The AMA supports increasing the number of medical residencies, which is the only way to increase the number of US trained doctors.

https://wire.ama-assn.org/ama-news/a...orkforce-needs
What about all the doctors forced out of the field or into retirement due to Obamacare?

https://www.investors.com/politics/e...obamacare-ehr/

You see, when Obama (or Tony Soprano if you please) sent out his new kickback quotas some of the store owners didn't want to kowtow to the increased tribute. Just like when Beansie didn't want to kick up to Richie Aprile. And remember what happened to Beansie...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN_y2pCG4Z4

Old 11-14-2018, 02:54 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Oh, please stop with your GAME. We are talking here about human beings, not DEER, being shot up and killed, including little CHILDREN. You keep talking about your GAME. but have you ever seen a human with their brains blown out?
Yes. I thought I told you once before cityiot.

Quote:
You lived in your nice, little UPSTATE NY world, and never witnessed gun violence.
And before that, Poughkeepsie. I told you this before cityiot.

Quote:
Even after "escaping" NY to Florida, I suppose you haven't seen it either like the Parkland students did.
2 at different times when I was 6 and again at 7.
Hasn't changed my outlook what so ever. Know why? I am not compelled by the feelz, nor misinformation.

Quote:
I lived through two real lockdowns in Florida Public Schools. You know what? The consensus at that school was that we DIDN'T want to be Annie Oakley's. I suppose my WW2 Dad was a bad Father for not buying a gun after I saw a bus driver shot and teaching me GUN SAFETY?????
I saw 2 shootings when I was a kid living in Poughkeepsie.

Quote:
YOUR solution is MORE GUNS. Well, those of us who grew up with gun violence in the "Big, Bad Cities", are saying enough is enough.
Strange. Us "Hicks" didn't have a problem with others shooting others...
Seems contained to cities for some strange reason.
Which the attitude might be why ya'll are killing each other off...

Quote:
At least my gun owning husband can understand my point.
Judging by the character which you display, are you sure he understands or just says yes dear to get you to shut up? I'm leaning to yes dear...

Quote:
YOU and your kind can't. I am not a Doctor Lover, but on this point I agree with them.
Because your point is invalid emotional and a waste of hot air. We do understand.
We just wish to be left alone and not be conflated with murderous scumbags.

See you cityiots have this way about you, which is amusing to us "Hicks".
You fail at logic first and foremost. You even said yourself I didn't see "gun violence" in upstate NY. Which is true. I didn't. You then go on to say how your chithole cities do.
Got news for you.
City issues, are city issues.
In rural Upstate NY we had no issues until ya'll decided to migrate north and be busy bodies worried about what others are doing...

Then, you openly display this holier than thou elitist attitude as if your way of life and your morals are to be the only way there is... which is amusing because we don't go to the city looking to tell others they're doing it wrong and how we do things back home...
Nor are we reliant upon all of the public services ya'll can't function without.

Get a cityiot in the sticks at night. Cut the cell service and power. That bull turns into a b*tch in a heart beat. Especially if there's a coyote howling or a tree branch snapping. LOL

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-14-2018 at 04:43 PM.. Reason: Personal Attack

Old 11-14-2018, 02:56 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,322,039 times
The NRA hates others expressing their first amendment rights as much Trump does.

No wonder they are in bed with each other

Old 11-14-2018, 03:04 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
I was just paraphrasing what I have seen on TV segments on the AR-15. I know exactly what most calibers will do to flesh. My round of choice for hunting is a .30-30.
Save your money.
Trade the 30-30 for an AK or SKS in 7.62x39, the ballistics are damn near identical.
My girlfriend uses an AK to take hogs. She's taken deer with it too when she's gone up to her uncles in Georgia.

Old 11-14-2018, 03:18 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times
This is America in 2018. The NRA has declared war on doctors. DOCTORS.

This is madness.

Old 11-14-2018, 03:45 PM

5,104 posts, read 2,050,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Adam Lanza's guns were legally obtained. 20 6 year olds dead. It actually seems like guns used in many mass shootings were legally obtained. Parkland, Vegas, Pulse Nightclub. There are way too many to count and individually go through but those were off the top of my head - all legally purchased in those cases, including Sandy Hook obviously. Dozens and dozens of people dead because of legal guns.

Such a compelling argument, though, wow.
Now, I wonder if the guns then gangs members used (and still use) in Chicago, Compton, etc.... who kill each others are legal?

Btw, when a cop killed someone. The blame goes on the cop instead of the gun as shown in this meme.
https://imgflip.com/i/24xfwn

While some memes put the dilemma between gun control and police brutality but that's another story.
https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1066088-daily-struggle
https://imgflip.com/i/1x8fwd

Old 11-14-2018, 03:58 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,988,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
Now, I wonder if the guns then gangs members used (and still use) in Chicago, Compton, etc.... who kill each others are legal?

Btw, when a cop killed someone. The blame goes on the cop instead of the gun as shown in this meme.
https://imgflip.com/i/24xfwn

While some memes put the dilemma between gun control and police brutality but that's another story.
https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1066088-daily-struggle
https://imgflip.com/i/1x8fwd
Gang-related violence is bad, all violence is bad, but somehow I feel worse for those shot and killed while at school or sitting at a bar or at an outdoor concert or a nightclub, completely at random by some nutcase. Rather than those shot and killed in stupid gang wars in isolated incidents in bad areas, when they often choose a life of crime or choose to engage in such activity.

Gang-related violence isn't surprising. One expects to potentially be in danger when they go into a bad neighborhood. One expects to potentially be in danger when they join a gang or are otherwise involved in crime. They don't expect to be in danger, potentially be killed by someone with a gun (or a lot of guns) when they go to school, or to a bar, or to a concert, or a nightclub. Part of what's so horrible about mass shootings is the shock factor, the thought that it can be any one of us at any time, anywhere - we just don't know. And the mass casualties, of course. We think our small suburb is safe - until it isn't, and 17 people are dead in the span of less than an hour and the community is reeling. (And often, someone or more than one person comes out and says, "yeah the person who did it was dangerous or at least totally "off" and still had guns and/or no one stepped in to help his clear mental issues and/or authorities WERE aware but deemed him not a threat.")

Whether the guns are legally obtained or not, this is a huge problem. If they ARE legally obtained, then mentally ill people (or otherwise, those dangerous or very disturbed) are either getting guns when they have no business owning them in their mental states or they are able to keep their guns, with no check on their mental or other well-being over time to ensure they are not a danger. If they are illegally obtained, mentally ill people or otherwise dangerous people are out there in society with obviously no good method to keep them away from everyone else, or at least watched and away from weapons. Whether it's a healthcare/insurance issue or something else, it's a problem. Either way, legal guns or not, it's not good when it comes to these mass shootings that often are perpetuated by very disturbed individuals, who people say after the fact, basically, "yeah not even surprised, dude has serious issues." Well thanks, so helpful now.

I have no comment on the police related shootings, I don't think the police are bad, I don't dislike police, so I don't think that argument you're making applies to me.

Old 11-14-2018, 03:58 PM

10,233 posts, read 6,317,831 times
Adam Lanza's guns were stolen from his Mother, after he shot her with her own guns.

Old 11-14-2018, 04:05 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,988,455 times
Quote:
Adam Lanza's guns were stolen from his Mother, after he shot her with her own guns.
Legally obtained and she taught him to use them, or at least gave him the means to learn, to have an interest.

This says it all (from here):

Quote:
She purchased the guns her son used to carry out the massacre. She encouraged Adam’s interest in firearms by taking him to shooting ranges. She didn’t acknowledge how sick he was. As his mother, the argument goes, she should have seen his capacity for violence, even when no one else did.
Legally obtained guns were in the home of a mentally ill, very disturbed adult. And he used them to kill 20 small children (and adults).

Old 11-14-2018, 04:09 PM

10,233 posts, read 6,317,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Yes. I thought I told you once before cityiot.

And before that, Poughkeepsie. I told you this before cityiot.

2 at different times when I was 6 and again at 7.
Hasn't changed my outlook what so ever. Know why? I am not compelled by the feelz, nor misinformation.

I saw 2 shootings when I was a kid living in Poughkeepsie.

Strange. Us "Hicks" didn't have a problem with others shooting others...
Seems contained to cities for some strange reason... then again, the holier than thou elitist attitude you display time and time again which further proves my point that You, people like you with your mentality from the city, are a scourge which should be contained to the city.
Which the attitude might be why ya'll are killing each other off...

Judging by the character which you display, are you sure he understands or just says yes dear to get you to shut up? I'm leaning to yes dear...

Because your point is invalid emotional and a waste of hot air. We do understand.
We just wish to be left alone and not be conflated with murderous scumbags.

See you cityiots have this way about you, which is amusing to us "Hicks".
You fail at logic first and foremost. You even said yourself I didn't see "gun violence" in upstate NY. Which is true. I didn't. You then go on to say how your chithole cities do.
Got news for you.
City issues, are city issues.
In rural Upstate NY we had no issues until ya'll decided to migrate north and be busy bodies worried about what others are doing...

Then, you openly display this holier than thou elitist attitude as if your way of life and your morals are to be the only way there is... which is amusing because we don't go to the city looking to tell others they're doing it wrong and how we do things back home...
Nor are we reliant upon all of the public services ya'll can't function without.

Get a cityiot in the sticks at night. Cut the cell service and power. That bull turns into a b*tch in a heart beat. Especially if there's a coyote howling or a tree branch snapping. LOL
I saw gun violence in Florida as well. Is that where you escaped to? "**** Hole" Big City of Naples. Neighbor down the street shot her invalid 72 year old husband in his wheelchair. Maybe she mistook him for a "Deer"?. Man shot his estranged wife in her hospital bed Not getting into George Zimmerman, Gas Station Loud Music Shooting, Pizza Parlor Line Cutters, Seafood Salesman shot in the back, or Meter Readers. ALL in your favorite "**** Hole" NYC??????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies