Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 01:14 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times

Advertisements

OP, this clearly really bothers you! Why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2018, 01:14 PM

1,874 posts, read 818,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yes you can flush them genius, then what happens?
they are designed to dissolve faster. if that is your logic better ban toilet paper too as it can cause clogs.

Old 11-13-2018, 01:22 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post

bans are quite idiotic sometimes and a case of closing the barn door after the horse has left

why not just a law about flushing..you can flush this, you cant (illegal) to flush this...why a ban...and again if you think that people wont follow a law about what and what not to flush, what makes you think they will abide by a ban of a commonly used item

heck as a soldier, we use babywipes, to take a field shower if the environment is that austere to prevent us from taking a full pledged shower... as a mechanic I use Go-Jo wipes to clean my hands when running water is not available... consumers can also by Lysol/Clorox wipes for cleaning, and pledge wipes for polishing wood..... all of these are made of the same/similar material, and all ""could"" make it into a loo

Old 11-13-2018, 01:36 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
There are no exceptions for wipes used as baby wipes, which are typically thrown in the trash with the diaper instead of flushed. Madness!

why are you so upset? They choose this system of gov, they choose it and they have a more democratic system of government than we do. Their parties can oust their leaders overnight, they can force elections, the poeple have equal representation which we do not.

I find it funny how the right wingers get so upset every time someone somewhere on the planet makes a choice that they disagree with. It seems to me the right wing is not about freedom or the right to choose, but instead is all about their way or the highway. Either you live exactly how the right wing wants you to, or they attack you.

Old 11-13-2018, 01:39 PM

702 posts, read 540,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
bans are quite idiotic sometimes and a case of closing the barn door after the horse has left why not just a law about flushing..you can flush this, you cant (illegal) to flush this...why a ban...and again if you think that people wont follow a law about what and what not to flush, what makes you think they will abide by a ban of a commonly used item

People will ignore rules about what you can flush, the ban works because it takes them out of stores and people are unlikely to make their own.

Quote:
heck as a soldier, we use babywipes, to take a field shower if the environment is that austere to prevent us from taking a full pledged shower... as a mechanic I use Go-Jo wipes to clean my hands when running water is not available... consumers can also by Lysol/Clorox wipes for cleaning, and pledge wipes for polishing wood..... all of these are made of the same/similar material, and all ""could"" make it into a loo

The military does a lot of really terrible things to the environment, I wouldn't use them as a standard for anything. Baby wipes are much more likely to get flushed than the other kinds of wipes you mentioned.

Old 11-13-2018, 01:39 PM

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
bans are quite idiotic sometimes and a case of closing the barn door after the horse has left

why not just a law about flushing..you can flush this, you cant (illegal) to flush this...why a ban...and again if you think that people wont follow a law about what and what not to flush, what makes you think they will abide by a ban of a commonly used item

So you are for 'laws' but against 'bans'. Why?
It's essentially the same thing.
And how are you going to enforce this law about flushing?

Old 11-13-2018, 01:40 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Ban diaper safety pins also. They're sharp!

Old 11-13-2018, 01:43 PM

15,799 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Eh, all this does is force the manufacturers to change the manufacture of their product to be made of biodegradable materials.

Of course they will probably suck, break apart too easily and i'll get baby poo on my hand

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
I’ve learned one important thing in this thread: who here has a clean butt, and who doesn’t.

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
why are you so upset? They choose this system of gov, they choose it and they have a more democratic system of government than we do. Their parties can oust their leaders overnight, they can force elections, the poeple have equal representation which we do not.

I find it funny how the right wingers get so upset every time someone somewhere on the planet makes a choice that they disagree with. It seems to me the right wing is not about freedom or the right to choose, but instead is all about their way or the highway. Either you live exactly how the right wing wants you to, or they attack you.
It's always been that way - the right-wing has always been authoritarian. It is fairly hilarious watching the twisting and turning and dancing they have to do to make it seem like they are all about "freedom and the American Way". What they are about is demanding that everyone toe their line, click their heels and pay homage to their Great Leader. Which of course will never happen here in the USA. We are too stubborn and independent to ever allow some dictator wanna-be to tell us what to do and think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies