Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 06:52 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Because some of us don't think it's harmless.

Methinks if this was a group of Middle Eastern youth throwing out the tawid gesture, you and others would have a much different reaction.
And you'd probably see MALICE in those taunts. There was NO MALICE in the gestures by these kids. It was obvious to most adults it was just harmless gesturing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2018, 07:55 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
And you'd probably see MALICE in those taunts. There was NO MALICE in the gestures by these kids. It was obvious to most adults it was just harmless gesturing.

You are living in a fantasy world if you think most adults think a Nazi-type salute is no big deal, harmess. I'd like to see some group sponsor these boys on a trip to a Holocaust Museum. Their education is surely lacking when only one kid in the whole group had the guts to resist doing it.

Old 11-17-2018, 08:18 AM

2,448 posts, read 892,755 times
Quote:
I will agree that today with Social Media, a harmless kid's prank can turn into a big social, and political controversy. It is utterly ridiculous, and how people are always OFFENDED by everything today is ridiculous.
As a teacher and a parent, I can't stand weak adults/parents like you who make excuses for the bad behavior of your kids and instead shift the focus and blame to other adults. Expect more of yourself and expect more of your kids. You're not doing your kids any favors by excusing bad behavior. You're making it tougher for them and promoting weakness. The governor here just described these fine young boys as "idiots," and that is the proper response. These idiots embarrassed the state, embarrassed their community, embarrassed their families and embarrassed themselves. As my father told me the other, because this happened close to where he lives, their fathers should have grabbed them by the collars and slapped them a couple times. That stands in contrast to your weak man reaction to this.

Old 11-17-2018, 08:24 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
^^^^^^Maybe you should just relax, and have some tea, or something. Maybe Chamomile.

Old 11-17-2018, 09:01 AM

2,448 posts, read 892,755 times
Quote:
^^^^^^Maybe you should just relax, and have some tea, or something. Maybe Chamomile.
No thanks. As long as there are idiot adults making excuses for bad behavior by their little angels, I'll be there to criticize them and make them feel small.

Old 11-17-2018, 10:55 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,426,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
As a teacher and a parent, I can't stand weak adults/parents like you who make excuses for the bad behavior of your kids and instead shift the focus and blame to other adults. Expect more of yourself and expect more of your kids. You're not doing your kids any favors by excusing bad behavior. You're making it tougher for them and promoting weakness. The governor here just described these fine young boys as "idiots," and that is the proper response. These idiots embarrassed the state, embarrassed their community, embarrassed their families and embarrassed themselves. As my father told me the other, because this happened close to where he lives, their fathers should have grabbed them by the collars and slapped them a couple times. That stands in contrast to your weak man reaction to this.
Do you agree with your father that these boys should receive violence for their act?

Old 11-17-2018, 11:08 AM

10,028 posts, read 9,500,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
You are living in a fantasy world if you think most adults think a Nazi-type salute is no big deal, harmess. I'd like to see some group sponsor these boys on a trip to a Holocaust Museum. Their education is surely lacking when only one kid in the whole group had the guts to resist doing it.
Only one????

Old 11-17-2018, 11:55 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Why would you see MALICE there but not here?

Old 11-17-2018, 01:15 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Times have changed -- if you are a parent of middle school or high school kids you have to tell them, their choices could have way more serious consequences for them.

They just do.

Not just because of the internet. Before the internet, there was a change. Kids in high school caught drinking etc., faced not only permanent notation on their school records but also criminal charges.

You just never know.

Also -- as parents -- if kids are drinking in your home -- even if you might not know about it - -you might be held responsible.
Exactly, I dont understand why people don't get that the world has changed and dumb mistakes will likely catch-up to them at some point.

Old 11-17-2018, 08:16 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Not so much about these kids but about how much of a culture that still exists that doesn't get it. These beasts are spawns of someone who thinks this is okay.

I would not make the leap that one hand gesture is the result of having racist parents. Or that this was anything more than just a silly stunt.

I grew up in a predominantly Jewish part of Los Angeles in a liberal leaning community and I saw and heard on a daily basis much worse stuff than this. I think this is much ado about nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies