Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: how much capital should House dems spend on investigating Trump?
liberal: all investigations, all the time. 8 8.51%
liberal: strictly limited investigations. 7 7.45%
liberal: little or no investigations. 4 4.26%
conservative: all investigations, all the time. 9 9.57%
conservative: strictly limited investigations. 2 2.13%
conservative: little or no investigations. 18 19.15%
independent: all investigations, all the time. 14 14.89%
independent: strictly limited investigations. 5 5.32%
independent: little or no investigations. 23 24.47%
other (please explain below). 4 4.26%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 08:27 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times

Advertisements

Trump is a money laundering Traitor. Who know what he and Putin talked about. Trump got played by the Koreans and I’m sure Putin promised him something too. Never trust a Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2018, 08:28 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,008,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
And your "very old proverb" is a line from the TV show The Wire. "When you come at the king, you'd best not miss." But we don't have kings in this country, regardless of what Trump might believe.
I googled for this because I am much older than 'The Wire,' and was sure it went back further.
https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...onah-goldberg/

According to this guy, a version of the proverb goes back at least to the 16th century.

Quote:
1- The oldest variation that I know of comes from Alessandro Farnese, Duke
of Parma and Piacenza (1545–1592), attributed with saying, “He who draws his
sword against the prince needs to throw away his scabbard.”
He mentions the version from 'The Wire' too. We don't have kings or princes, but the principle still applies.

Old 11-14-2018, 08:32 PM

1,868 posts, read 3,066,643 times
I trust the Muller probe. If he comes back and says Trump has committed felonies, House Democrats should proceed accordingly. If he says Trump didn't commit any crimes, then so be it. I'll still think Trump doesn't have the temperament for the office, but I'll accept that he didn't do anything illegal.

Some investigating could be warranted but I'd rather the House try and pass at least some legislation than spend most of the time issuing subpoenas. There are a few bipartisan issues that could be worked on. The Trump administration has always seemed interested in infrastructure. Start there.

Old 11-14-2018, 08:32 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,111,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
I chose "other" because frankly, I want investigations when investigations are warranted, and I also believe that other current investigations that are underway should be allowed to continue to completion. And I am not just talking about the Mueller probe. If Dems come in and immediately start bolstering Mueller while simultaneously dismissing other important investigations, then I believe we have a problem. So, to recap, investigations if warranted, while also allowing current investigations to continue to their completion.
This sounds reasonable.

Old 11-14-2018, 08:46 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,772,406 times
Moderate - please d not waste our money. Go do something useful.

Old 11-14-2018, 09:42 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuptag View Post
For the country, the best would be if the democrats focus on cooperating with Trump to secure the border, bring jobs back from overseas, and rework trade deals.

But that is unlikely, so the best politically is as many investigations as possible. Maxine Waters and Nancy Pelosi on TV non-stop is the best way to turn off independents from the Democrats.
You mean like how Mitch McConnell worked with Obama for the good of the country?

Old 11-17-2018, 04:11 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,361,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adric View Post
I trust the Muller probe. If he comes back and says Trump has committed felonies, House Democrats should proceed accordingly. If he says Trump didn't commit any crimes, then so be it. I'll still think Trump doesn't have the temperament for the office, but I'll accept that he didn't do anything illegal.

Some investigating could be warranted but I'd rather the House try and pass at least some legislation than spend most of the time issuing subpoenas. There are a few bipartisan issues that could be worked on. The Trump administration has always seemed interested in infrastructure. Start there.
While your position seems reasonable much of the left has taken a position that they dont think Trump has the temperament/whatever for the job so its reasonable to spend the entire duration of his time in office turning over every stone in Washington trying to find something illegal he can be connected to.... while of course turning a blind eye to untold numbers of worse discretions from people on their side... while self righteously declaring "well if he did something wrong shouldnt justice be served?".

It is beyond stupid that these investgations are revolving around what Trump and his people may have known about the Russians leaking dirt on Hillary and other Democrats while completely ignoring the content of the dirt on Hillary and other Democrats.

Its really gotten to the point, whereas we have after 2 years found zero evidence of Trump himself doing anything wrong, where the whole thing is just patronizing
Pretending Trump possibly having knowledge that the Russians were doing something against Hillary while ignoring all the millions the Russians poured into the Clinton Foundation, half million dollar speaking fees for appearances in Moscow, etc.

The whole thing is a bad precedent I am afraid Republicans will only repeat in coming years.

Old 11-17-2018, 10:53 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,744,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Where have you been since 2016?
And there's still no evidence Trump did not collude with Russia

Old 11-17-2018, 10:55 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,744,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Trump is a money laundering Traitor.
Uh yeah, because he received 100 million from selling uranium to Russia.

No wait, that was Hillary.

Old 11-17-2018, 11:18 PM

574 posts, read 382,241 times
If they have evidence and reasonable suspicion, I don't see why not... But whey they're digging and coming up with people that didn't pay taxes er something years ago, maybe not...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies