Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 06:59 AM

505 posts, read 368,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smt1111 View Post
When I saw this thread all I could think of was how sad it is that liberals are after Melania now. To be so filled with hatred that you go after someone's family.
Oh, kind of like right wingers talked trash about Obama's family? Got it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2018, 07:03 AM

16,536 posts, read 8,579,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
That quote doesn't sound like bullying.
Of course it doesn't but never let anything keep a leftist rag like Vox from creating click bait for the rabid TDS crowd.

On a side note, I am not really sure why the 1st Lady would get involved in such a manner, publicly or privately, but it is hardly bullying.

`

Old 11-15-2018, 07:10 AM

41,938 posts, read 75,137,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
And why not? If she were to have done it in private, does it make much difference? You're literally looking for problems.
I'm not looking for anything; I'm commenting on what is in black and white.

Think of it this way: Say your boss was going to fire you. Would you rather it be done in your boss' office, or on Facebook? Wouldn't you be angry if your boss' spouse tweeted his/her opinion about your job performance?

The First Lady's communications director chose to issue a press release about Mrs. Trump's displeasure with Ms. Ricardel. Ms. Ricardel is not employed by Mrs. Trump. The whole matter should have been handled professionally, by Ms. Ricardel's superiors, and in private.

Old 11-15-2018, 07:14 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,417,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordin View Post
Oh, kind of like right wingers talked trash about Obama's family? Got it!
Right. The Obamas are winning. Melania is a victim of Trump's ego and pettiness. She seems to just tolerate him anyway.

Old 11-15-2018, 07:16 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,249,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Melania sent demeaning statements about Mira Ricardel to a number of media outlets.

The classy way to handle a dispute with an employee is privately. Time for that, "I really don't care, do you?" jacket Melania. "Be Best!"

https://www.vox.com/2018/11/13/18092...ired-explained
Yeah, I'm not really getting what's going on with Melania. This is not good. We do not need a Diva for First Lady with a giant orange ego sitting right next to her.

$100k for a hotel room in Egypt that was not used? When Americans are going without health care?

Let me see, Michelle Obama is constantly bashed here still. I cannot remember which governments officials Michelle publicly embarrassed and fired?

Old 11-15-2018, 07:17 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,842,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
Well when your husband is the President and bullies people on a daily basis, I guess it’s time to find another platform.

She is a DO-NOTHING-INSINCERE FRAUD just like that subhuman she married for her green card!

Old 11-15-2018, 07:19 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,087,610 times
So. Melania turns out to be Lady Macbeth. Why am I not surprised?

Old 11-15-2018, 07:20 AM

2,362 posts, read 776,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I'm not looking for anything; I'm commenting on what is in black and white.
No you're not, you're giving your opinion.

Quote:
Think of it this way: Say your boss was going to fire you. Would you rather it be done in your boss' office, or on Facebook? Wouldn't you be angry if your boss' spouse tweeted his/her opinion about your job performance?
Sure, but just because I'm angry at getting fired, doesn't mean anything really wrong was done. You're just looking for reasons to be outraged. This is the era of social media lynchings, where sexual harassment claims are aired and given serious credibility over social media, and you're upset over the first lady expressing her opinion?

Old 11-15-2018, 07:23 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
$100k for a hotel room in Egypt that was not used? When Americans are going without health care?
I just want to point out that Snopes has verified this story as only partially true/false; the detailed bill amount is correct, but it covers five days of expenses for security and other staffers who stayed at the hotel in preparation of her visit.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/me...p-cairo-hotel/

This specific story was in fact one of the alleged sources of contention between FLOTUS and Ricardel; Ricardel is allegedly the person who “leaked” the Egypt hotel story to the public in an effort to make Melania look wasteful and petty.

Old 11-15-2018, 07:25 AM

41,938 posts, read 75,137,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
No you're not, you're giving your opinion.
Oh, dear. Please consult a dictionary concerning "comment" and "opinion".

Quote:
Sure, but just because I'm angry at getting fired, doesn't mean anything really wrong was done.
Ever hear of "slander"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies