Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 10:47 AM

25,556 posts, read 17,256,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
So much for Melania's cause to stop public bullying
In the "Wacko-World" of NeverTrumpers, calling out a bully becomes another form of bullying.
Quote:
. Mrs. Trump felt she had treated her staff disrespectfully, White House sources said, and Ricardel was seen as so difficult during the planning of the trip, according to sources, that the first lady’s team sought Kelly's guidance. ............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2018, 10:48 AM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
So Stephanie Grisham is now Melania herself?

really? the official spokesperson for the FLOTUS makes an official statement on behalf of the FLOTUS..... and you think there's the possibility this could be a rogue action on the part of grisham that's completely ignored by the WH?

wow.

Old 11-14-2018, 12:02 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
That quote doesn't sound like bullying.
Yeah it is -- when you go public like that. She came after the woman with her position and power.

Rumor is she's never even met the woman.

That's fascinating.

Old 11-14-2018, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
What were the specific demeaning statements that FLOTUS purportedly made? Not really getting a story out this. The linked article makes no mention of anything other than the one statement made public, which you posted.
It is not the role of the First Lady to speak out against staff her husband has hired.

If she has concerns, she should talk to her husband about them and keep her big mouth shut.

Not professional and most definitely bullying tactic. It is meant to insult, hurt and demean the woman.

It's nasty, bitchy, etc.

And as I said before -- apparently she's never met the women face to face so Melania's issue seems to be based on rumors, gossip OR policy that Melania didn't like.....

Old 11-14-2018, 12:12 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
It is not the role of the First Lady to speak out against staff her husband has hired.

If she has concerns, she should talk to her husband about them and keep her big mouth shut.

Not professional and most definitely bullying tactic. It is meant to insult, hurt and demean the woman.

It's nasty, bitchy, etc.

And as I said before -- apparently she's never met the women face to face so Melania's issue seems to be based on rumors, gossip OR policy that Melania didn't like.....
What you are offering is your personal opinion of what happened, and your personal opinion of what kind of woman Melania Trump is.

I've chosen to stick to what information we know so far. So it's no big surprise that we disagree.

Old 11-14-2018, 12:13 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:

It's nasty, bitchy, etc.

and was it professional for Hillary and Obama to stand there and not only lie to the public telling us, it was merely a protest, when they were attacking our men in Benghazi....? Telling us, that it was in protest over some cartoon that an American had published?

Melania can say anything she wants, just like anyone else....and talk about nasty and bitchy, some of the looks Michelle gave her husband, were also nasty and bitchy....so...people are people, just b/c you hate someone, doesn't make you right and them wrong....poop happens.

and the things that those on the Clue, I mean View have said against them is just down right snarky and ugly...they should be ashamed of themselves....

just b/c ya'll lost the election...and that's what it's about....winning....everyone gets a prize, well not in this race they didn't.

Old 11-14-2018, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
and was it professional for Hillary and Obama to stand there and not only lie to the public telling us, it was merely a protest, when they were attacking our men in Benghazi....? Telling us, that it was in protest over some cartoon that an American had published?

Melania can say anything she wants, just like anyone else....and talk about nasty and bitchy, some of the looks Michelle gave her husband, were also nasty and bitchy....so...people are people, just b/c you hate someone, doesn't make you right and them wrong....poop happens.

and the things that those on the Clue, I mean View have said against them is just down right snarky and ugly...they should be ashamed of themselves....

just b/c ya'll lost the election...and that's what it's about....winning....everyone gets a prize, well not in this race they didn't.
Well that's your opinoin -- lol. I know it is -- I'm just using the rather lazy comment someone else posted in objection to my post.

First -- Benghazi cannot be used every time somebody in this family or administration does something wrong. It's a ridiculous tactic to bring up someone else's past wrongs to justify someone's inappropriate behavior.

It does not give them a pass on being decent people.

Melania can definitely say whatever she wants but she's a hypocrite to publicly demean someone working for
her husband (not her). There is a way to behave like an adult.

And then we jump to The View...okay --I never even talked about The View....so not sure what The View has to do with this -- lol.

What winning, getting a prize -- my goodness.

I can't keep up - -you have about a dozen things going on in that thread and none of them speak to the inappropriateness of any wife speaking out against someone their husband is working with.

Not her place.
Not her job.
Yes she said it or Grisham wouldn't have released a statement.

Old 11-14-2018, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
What you are offering is your personal opinion of what happened, and your personal opinion of what kind of woman Melania Trump is.

I've chosen to stick to what information we know so far. So it's no big surprise that we disagree.
Grisham issued a statement from the Office of the First Lady.
So you keep waiting to hear from the official source.

Not her job,
not her place,
and is totally a bullying tactic.

Old 11-14-2018, 12:36 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
Quote:
Grisham issued a statement from the Office of the First Lady.
So you keep waiting to hear from the official source.

Not her job,
not her place,
and is totally a bullying tactic.
I'm not waiting on anything. An official WH press release has been made. The security advisor has been fired. The reasons why this happened have been reported on. There's probably more going on behind the scenes that I don't know about, but I'm not going to make as jerk of myself by posting as if I do. *shrug*

Old 11-14-2018, 12:38 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Melania Trump: "You're fired!"

#bebest
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies