Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 06:46 PM

1,066 posts, read 629,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
Moral of the story, don't open stores in "diverse" areas because then you are left with the option of letting people steal from your store or being accused of being racist.

Next area over from my house, they had target, Best Buy, a massive mall with tons of stores that flourished back in the 90s. Drugs and African population hit it... looted/robbed... every single store, was shut down with exception of a shoe carnival, that seems to thrive just fine. All that is left is like Home Depot and Lowes. The entire area is just drug infested ghetto area.

Its a sad story, and it point was proven by your comment. I saw it happen myself. White people live there too, but its primarily African American, and its just sad. I always worried about it dragging my area down being next door, but we have a massive police presence at the boundary, and theres a bus shuttle that shuttles them right past us, we dont even have sidewalks for people to walk from there. Prevents them from coming over.

Quick search on google. Lol

Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site

shows the crime in the area and if you click on demographics tab and scroll down.. 70% African American. 24% white, rest is misc.

Last edited by Yac; 11-19-2018 at 02:48 AM..

Old 11-15-2018, 07:14 PM

28,662 posts, read 18,764,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Black teenager vs 45 year old white woman. Who's more likely to shoot up a mall? Demographically speaking.
Apparently the mall maintained a claim that the "no hoodies" rule was absolute and without exceptions.

Old 11-15-2018, 07:17 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,407,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I find this hard to believe. I thought malls were dying.
They are. Often because truant teens and dropouts hang out there.

DeadMalls.com is worth a read. Google the malls behind the visits by the site and you get, in my opinion, an interesting snap shot of an America that is seemingly lost due to structural failures of the economy.

Let's hope more jobs come back to America.

Old 11-15-2018, 07:19 PM

72,979 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post
Next area over from my house, they had target, Best Buy, a massive mall with tons of stores that flourished back in the 90s. Drugs and African population hit it... looted/robbed... every single store, was shut down with exception of a shoe carnival, that seems to thrive just fine. All that is left is like Home Depot and Lowes. The entire area is just drug infested ghetto area.

Its a sad story, and it point was proven by your comment. I saw it happen myself. White people live there too, but its primarily African American, and its just sad. I always worried about it dragging my area down being next door, but we have a massive police presence at the boundary, and theres a bus shuttle that shuttles them right past us, we dont even have sidewalks for people to walk from there. Prevents them from coming over.

Quick search on google. Lol

Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site

shows the crime in the area and if you click on demographics tab and scroll down.. 70% African American. 24% white, rest is misc.
So I'm guessing your point is "Blacks should stay away". I can't think of any other point.

All I can close with is this. I can't help is some thug who happens to be Black is causing problems. I can only take care of me.

Last edited by Yac; 11-19-2018 at 02:47 AM..

Old 11-15-2018, 07:30 PM

1,066 posts, read 629,021 times
Exactly. Dont wear a hoodie, dont get kicked out just follow the rules. Not everything is race bait, but majority of the time theres additional things going down other than just hoodies. I got in trouble for laying my hand on the black kid stealing stuff. Its just bs, cant punish or let them get put in jail. If they was stealing and white I would of grabbed them just the same, but now id prob get charged a hate crime. and yes.. my area is 70% white 20% African, with 1/10th the crime rate. Even though we are less than a mile away from each other and our house values are like 4x more. Crazy really.

People who do things like this just to cause a stir are lame, those ladies shouldn't go out their way to try and cause an issue.

Old 11-15-2018, 08:26 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Oh, give me a break.

I have an idea. They should all do the same thing again. This time, when the SG approaches them, instead of complying, as they did, they should resist and confront the SG, as the black teen did. And when they're thrown out of the mall, they should go right back in--as the black teen did.

Then we can see what the SG's response would be.

Old 11-15-2018, 08:57 PM

937 posts, read 926,834 times
The heart is there but the execution is... meh...

Old 11-15-2018, 09:02 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,386,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I find this hard to believe. I thought malls were dying.
the malls in my area are dead, and its because of the hoodies

Old 11-15-2018, 09:06 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
the malls in my area are dead, and its because of the hoodies
The malls are dead because they are archaic remnants of a bygone era.
Where ya been?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies