Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2018, 08:40 PM

3,678 posts, read 4,173,706 times

Advertisements

Whenever I travel abroad, I find a whole new appreciation for this country. It’s a great place. I wish we let it stay great and not mess with it. Yes, nothing is perfect and everything can be improved but that’s about it, don’t use hollow slogans for dividing us. It is already great,we don’t need to mess around to make it great again.

Just live and let live, love your countrymen and be kind and generous to each other. Everything will fall in place if we stopped thinking other group as stupid or evil. Just reject, divide and conquer attempts. Be civil and humble. Go out and do something nice for someone you detest for their race, religion, politics or whatever reason. Make It A Happier Thanksgiving!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2018, 08:43 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,578,846 times
I don't really detest anyone. Can I just do a kindness for someone I find mildly irritating?

Old 11-15-2018, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
I don't really detest anyone. Can I just do a kindness for someone I find mildly irritating?
You are already on right track. Do it.

Old 11-15-2018, 08:56 PM

Let’s not forget that when we are good to others, it helps our health and goodness makes a full circle to find us. If not for others, do it for yourself. Who needs to deal with stress of self righteousness and contempt for others? You don’t have to carry that burden this thanksgiving. Superiority complex doesn’t suit anyone, humility uplifts all. Just do something good for someone you have a problem with, without expecting return or recognition. Just for the heck of it.

Old 11-15-2018, 09:02 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,660,467 times
There are 5 thousand refugees asking for a chance at asylum. They are not demanding a place. they are requesting a chance to have their plea heard by the courts and they will accept the outcome.
Instead of treating them as invaders, criminals and rapists, treat them with respect and give them a fair hearing.
That would be a good start and would deal with the most immediate humanitarian challenge we face currently.

Old 11-15-2018, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
There are 5 thousand refugees asking for a chance at asylum. They are not demanding a place. they are requesting a chance to have their plea heard by the courts and they will accept the outcome.
Instead of treating them as invaders, criminals and rapists, treat them with respect and give them a fair hearing.
That would be a good start and would deal with the most immediate humanitarian challenge we face currently.
I know, it’s devastating to see this but these aren’t the only ones, there are millions more from all over the world who are in worst condition and deserve similar chance. Taking everyone in is just not possible.

Old 11-15-2018, 11:02 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,660,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfairPark View Post
I know, it’s devastating to see this but these aren’t the only ones, there are millions more from all over the world who are in worst condition and deserve similar chance. Taking everyone in is just not possible.
I didn't ask for every migrant on the planet. I made a plea for those mothers and children who have traveled almost 1800 miles from central america to beg for a chance to just tell their story and need to the legally organized American authorities who we have elected and hired to do just that. They only ask for a hearing on the merits of their situation.

Nothing more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies