Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2018, 10:23 AM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
And if Trump DID go to Arlington?...

but, he didn't. here's trump's excuse:

“I could have [ gone to Arlington ]. As you know, I just left the day before the American Cemetery, and I probably think, and that was one where it was raining as hard as you can imagine, and I made a speech at the American Cemetery the day before and I probably, you know, in retrospect I should have and I did last year and I will virtually every year,” Trump said. “But we had come in very late at night and I had just left, literally, the American Cemetery in Paris, and I really probably assumed that was fine, and I was extremely busy because of affairs of state, and other things.”

it reads like a 12year old frantically trying to explain why he didn't do his homework.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2018, 10:47 AM

trump: "it was raining as hard as you can imagine"

can anyone find any source that doesn't describe the weather conditions as "light rain" ?

Old 11-18-2018, 11:52 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
Trump mentioned a very good reason for not driving to that one ceremony which his Secret Service prevented him from attending. He can never be far from Air Force one which is the command center. Basically a mobile White House. I haven't heard any news outlet mention this.

Trump did appear at another ceremony in a downpour but of course that would ruin the Leftist media false narrative, wouldn't it?

He also expressed regret for not attending another veterans' ceremony back home, thinking he'd honored US veterans while he was in France. At least one poster above doesn't know we fought in WWI. Makes me wonder what they aren't teaching in schools.

Old 11-18-2018, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Trump mentioned a very good reason for not driving to that one ceremony which his Secret Service prevented him from attending.

which is only supported by trump's claim.

Quote:
Trump did appear at another ceremony in a downpour but of course that would ruin the Leftist media false narrative, wouldn't it?

this was reported be all main media outlets

Quote:
He also expressed regret for not attending another veterans' ceremony back home, ....

that ceremony being veterans day at arlington cemetary, kind of a big deal ( even trump, in his convoluted way, admits that was a F-up ).

Old 11-18-2018, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Trump did appear at another ceremony in a downpour ...

definitely signs there was a light rain previously but nothing to suggest "a downpour".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=1tU9tVXVYtQ

Old 11-18-2018, 01:24 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,689,172 times
Trump is a draft dodger. He has no respect for veterans living or dead. While thousands of good brave Americans went to war in the service of their country Trump was busy fooling around on his daddy's money with fake deferments. Many of those brave men never returned, but we still have Trump thanks to fake bone spurs.
How is it that in America coward can become president?

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/02/u...ft-record.html

Old 11-18-2018, 01:31 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
How is it that in America coward can become president?

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/02/u...ft-record.html
Because we have people that not only believe everything he says but, they voted for him because he said exactly what they wanted to hear.
All of his awful qualities mean nothing to some people, it's all about what they want.
He is the poorest excuse for a president and a true man ever. Surely not someone we want our kids and grandkids to look up to. IMO this presidency will be remembered as an anomaly.

Old 11-18-2018, 06:47 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,845,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
This. And especially number 4. Leftists haven't been concerned about the debt for the last 50 years. They could care less.... until Trump talks about building a wall which would cost $25 billion dollars (and probably save a lot more than that). All of a sudden, our finances are a concern. You can't make it up.

It's ALWAYS THE REPUBLICANS that skyrocket inflation/the deficit, now isn't it? It was those MORONS that came up with "Trickle-DOWN/VOODOO ECONOMICS"!

Old 11-19-2018, 05:19 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tReLhFyJ0yA

Sums it up.

Old 11-19-2018, 05:34 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 1 day ago)

27,163 posts, read 13,449,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post

Trump Skipped Arlington on Veterans' Day Because.... He Was Busy With Phone Calls and "Other Things"
TBF, it did look like it was going to rain and the weather has been inclement of late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies