Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 04:04 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
He really doesn't want old nasty Nancy to be speaker, LOl. Hes outsmarting Liberals, once again. He's exploiting the seething hate from the left. Whatever he approves of he knows the Democrats will resist and try to do the total opposite. This will create tension within the Democratic party, as intended in his approval of Pelosi.

Just watch this play out, LOl.
This might be the tactic but it's hard to say. It is true that the Liberal wing of the Democrats and far left Progressives are no fans of hers. Jimmy Dore was tearing her apart on his show. (He's one of the hard lefties I actually like watching.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2018, 04:15 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,165,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post

Ewww. Can't believe he just said that.

Trump lives rent free in LIB brains and knows exactly what will make them explode.....LOL.....wonderfully done DJT

Old 11-17-2018, 04:24 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,909,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Now his followers will go from bashing her daily to high praises because Trump said it.
NO, that won't happen. the dems and Nancy don't even realize when Trump is making fun of her...
He slips the knife in so smoothly they they don't even feel it... The guys a genius..

Old 11-17-2018, 04:32 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
NO, that won't happen. the dems and Nancy don't even realize when Trump is making fun of her...
He slips the knife in so smoothly they they don't even feel it... The guys a genius..
He's insincere and is fooling no one. Maybe we aren't sure why he's pretending to like her, but we know it's fake.

Old 11-17-2018, 04:33 PM

13,685 posts, read 9,007,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
The idea that he would have GOP votes support Pelosi is just to screw with people's minds
(And I guess it did...)

It is perfectly Trump
And it won't happen...

After all, only the Democrats in the House will vote for the Speaker. The Republicans have no say, unless they switch parties, I guess. Hence, Mr. Trump's assertion that he will get votes for Ms. Pelosi is, well, stupid.

Old 11-17-2018, 04:45 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,141,179 times
I'm assuming that Trump is now being forced to occasionally say nice things about a few Democrats, now that they won the House?

Ha. He must hate that.

Old 11-17-2018, 04:59 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Well, I'm raising my hand.

If he would have invested his inheritance in an index fund he'd have 4X or more the net worth AND would not have taken investors, taxpayers, banks and contractors for billions.

If he would have invested with Warren Buffet, he'd have 150 BILLION plus, or 40 to 50X his net worth (he was at zero, but with Russian help he may be up to 3-4 Billion).....

To anyone with a lick of economic sense, he is a loser with a capital L.

Even if we "play pretend" and say he made money (but he didn't, by ANY measure), his buildings and his taste suck... "Trump Design" is basically a rectangle, or in the case of his biggest Failure (Trump Taj Majal) a rectangle with a bunch of fake pillars and neon lights on the bottom floors.

Not only would I disavow your "no one can deny", but I would say that the vast majority of even slightly educated people could do vastly better. Put it in the S&P and you will leave him in the dust.

It does take some talent to make that little out of that much, but that isn't something to look up to.

I'll be glad to share some of the numbers with you...unless you have already made up your mind and don't want the facts.
Yet he is the "loser" with billions of dollars and a winner such as yourself is not. That just drives you to the brink of insanity, doesn't it?

Old 11-17-2018, 05:03 PM

2,516 posts, read 1,696,132 times
She's smart enough to fool the fools that continually elect her.

Old 11-17-2018, 05:18 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,355,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
As much as I think Trump is a terrible person, I will say that no one can deny that he's a hard worker who's achieved a lot for himself.
On the last part, you're kidding right?

Old 11-17-2018, 05:23 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,355,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
He really doesn't want old nasty Nancy to be speaker, LOl. Hes outsmarting Liberals, once again. He's exploiting the seething hate from the left. Whatever he approves of he knows the Democrats will resist and try to do the total opposite. This will create tension within the Democratic party, as intended in his approval of Pelosi.

Just watch this play out, LOl.
Trump doesn't get to choose who is speaker, and his opinion doesn't count for squat in this case.

Few in the Democratic party (or others) will take his words seriously given that a moment later he'll say something totally opposite of what he said earlier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies