Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 11:06 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,331,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Legalization leads to new users. So it doesn't matter how the old stoners have acted.
I still don't want it legalized.
See how effective your argument was?

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/21/auto...na-states.html
Don't you realize we could exchange conflicting links on this all day long?

It is only your inexperienced, misinformed, paranoid-ridden, short-sighted, knee-jerk reactions that makes you believe your links more valid than mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2018, 11:09 AM

25,569 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Quote:
Colorado Marijuana Report Reveals Increase in Hospital Visits After Legalization
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/colora...ry?id=38514764

I forget. Is chemical abuse a preexisting condition?

Old 11-18-2018, 11:10 AM

25,569 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Don't you realize we could exchange conflicting links on this all day long?

It is only your inexperienced, misinformed, paranoid-ridden, short-sighted, knee-jerk reactions that makes you believe your links more valid than mine.
Now you've reverted to the only thing stoners have.

Old 11-18-2018, 11:17 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,667,670 times
Quote:
Speaking in this sort of absolute manner, indicates a low level of reasoning.

I'm blaming your parents.

Old 11-18-2018, 11:18 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,331,722 times
Quote:
Yes. Facts.

Regardless, we could debate this for eternity, literally, because we will both be going to our graves with the same opinions on this subject that we have today. Debating it is pointless.

But legalization is coming your way. You can't avoid it, you can't stop it. You can let it detract from your quality of life by being perpetually fearful of "stoners", or you can do what most people do, the ones who are in better touch with reality than yourself: Ignore it, then come to the realization that when it comes to day to day life, not much has changed at all.

However, legalization in Colorado has indeed been responsible for all of the following, and more:

All the careers that WEREN'T ruined since 2012 over the possession of a plant
All the homes and cars that WEREN'T forfeited to corrupt government agencies
All the children that WEREN'T ripped away from their loving parents and caring home
All the REAL criminals that WERE released early to make room for the marijuana users in our jails and courtrooms
All the money that DIDN'T flow to drug cartels, and instead helped fund education and infrastructure repairs

I could go on, and on, and on, and on, ....

Old 11-18-2018, 11:18 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,096,890 times
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.54e148258703

Conflicting reports.... time will tell... as we see more of a trend and statistics.

We do know that alcohol has a greater impact than Marijuana in terms of risk

DUI and DWI should be applied to Marijuana as well

There are natural upticks and downticks in statistics

We don't know if there are other factors... do we know that the accidents are a factor of Marijuana use?

===

I haven't dug into the stats much yet... will do later when I have time....

2015:
https://www.wsdot.wa.gov/mapsdata/cr...on_Summary.pdf

page 15: Under Influence of Alcohol and/or Drugs, Total = 6,033

Page 18: Under Influence of Alcohol and/or Drugs, Total = 5,895

2012:
Page 18: Under Influence of Alcohol and/or Drugs = 6,641

https://www.wsdot.wa.gov/mapsdata/cr...mmary_2010.pdf
page 76: HBD - ABILITY IMPAIRED / CONTRIBUTING CIRCUMSTANCE "1" Under the Influence of Alcohol, Total = 6,136

I don't see a trend I do see a trend in accidents in general.... so I simply glance again....

As I glance, you know what is freakin shocking.

2015: 46k accidents due to inattentive driving
2014: 43k accidents due to inattentive driving
2013: 36k accidents due to inattentive driving
2012: 18k accidents due to inattentive driving.

You paranoid about accidents? You should be championing to ban cell phones! I surmise that won't happen because those that critic Marijuana use won't be willing to give cell phones up.

I think that the conflicting reports is mainly due to how the statistics are interpreted.... are they simply looking at overall numbers or raw numbers broken down to the cause. One of the reports that claimed an increase was based on insurance claims... I'm not so sure all insurance companies collect the final investigation data as to cause of the crash.... it is also in their best interest (since the company is funded by auto insurance companies) to avoid all possible increases in risk regardless if founded or not. As such there is can be a bit of a bias in the report.

I found Washington state reports here

https://www.wsdot.wa.gov/mapsdata/cr...sionannual.htm

Always be skeptic of what you read BUT with an open mind.

I know in NJ the police are really BAD about this.... I see people all the time on their cell phones during commute. Sometimes with police nearby or driving by. I haven't seen a lot of people being pulled over for it. Heck, I see police on the phones too.

Last edited by usayit; 11-18-2018 at 11:46 AM..

Old 11-18-2018, 11:21 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Doing drugs that destroy your mind and body doesn’t make you free; it enslaves you and makes you weak. That’s why blue state governments and even some red states like the idea.

Irrelevant to a thread about pot.

Old 11-18-2018, 11:48 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,096,890 times
Colorado is even easier

https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/csp...ety-statistics

I don't see a trend whatsoever.....

HOWEVER, these are just statistics for State Patrol.... doesn't include local authorities. But my time has run out for this exercise.

Old 11-18-2018, 11:56 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Irrelevant to a thread about pot.
Whether you like it or not, pot is long recognized as a mind-altering drug, illegal and classified as a controlled substance under federal law and classified as an illegal drug in almost every other country on Earth.

Old 11-18-2018, 12:01 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Well, it wasn't a reasoned response, but exactly what I was saying about "they know better" or "they believe that government knows better and has to protect them".
Well, its also very beneficial and lucrative for law enforcement agencies, I think this is one of the big reasons why we have drug laws in the first place.

Take drug crime and drug related crime off the table, what kind of crime would the average police depts be left to deal with on a daily basis? Would it be enough to justify their current budgets, staffing levels, etc?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies