Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2018, 10:07 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,380,368 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcqW-GuPkr8

So do you think the sanctions are going to work, will Iran stop opposing US hegemony in the region and bow down to Washington and the Saudi/Israeli alliance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2018, 12:55 PM

56,972 posts, read 25,901,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcqW-GuPkr8

So do you think the sanctions are going to work, will Iran stop opposing US hegemony in the region and bow down to Washington and the Saudi/Israeli alliance?
I don't see that these sanctions are anymore severe than in the past besides some countries including the US (Boeing) continue to trade. I just read where the Iraqi prime minister met with Iran and plan to increase trade which is already around $7B. Strangely Trump is attempting to penalize the countries that signed onto the Iran deal while giving out exemptions to other countries.

There was absolutely no benefit to us backing out of the Iran deal.

Old 11-18-2018, 01:11 PM

39,003 posts, read 50,981,006 times
Note the attire, the mannerisms of the minister. Iran is a civilized, educated, nation more attuned to the west than the monarchic sheikhs of Saudi Arabia. We are on the wrong side here and have been for decades. It is time to rethink out mid-east strategy.

Old 11-18-2018, 02:24 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,380,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't see that these sanctions are anymore severe than in the past besides some countries including the US (Boeing) continue to trade. I just read where the Iraqi prime minister met with Iran and plan to increase trade which is already around $7B. Strangely Trump is attempting to penalize the countries that signed onto the Iran deal while giving out exemptions to other countries.

There was absolutely no benefit to us backing out of the Iran deal.
We’ll see. I don’t want Iran to be destroyed by Trump, but America is powerful and the Israelis/Saudis want Iran destroyed badly.

Old 11-18-2018, 02:54 PM

24,623 posts, read 19,073,042 times
Quote:
We’ll see. I don’t want Iran to be destroyed by Trump, but America is powerful and the Israelis/Saudis want Iran destroyed badly.

You can elect Hillary, Biden, Warren, Mother Teresa or the pope, but when the time comes, military conflict will be initiated.

Presidents have no control of Geo-Political Strategy.

Old 11-18-2018, 02:56 PM

68,292 posts, read 54,116,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Note the attire, the mannerisms of the minister. Iran is a civilized, educated, nation more attuned to the west than the monarchic sheikhs of Saudi Arabia. We are on the wrong side here and have been for decades. It is time to rethink out mid-east strategy.

Personally, I'd prefer we take NO side and leave the countries of the region to settle their own differences, we have more than enough domestic issues to spend our time/$$$ on.

Old 11-18-2018, 03:00 PM

68,292 posts, read 54,116,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
You can elect Hillary, Biden, Warren, Mother Teresa or the pope, but when the time comes, military conflict will be initiated.

Presidents have no control of Geo-Political Strategy

They have complete control of where to intervene and where not to. NOWHERE does the Constitution task us with policing the world.

Last edited by burdell; 11-18-2018 at 03:14 PM..

Old 11-18-2018, 03:11 PM

56,972 posts, read 25,901,119 times
Quote:
China, Russia and the other countries are not going down the same path as the US, I believe most of them are still trading with Iraq. This is going to be the case with Trump and the likes of John Bolton for the next 2 years, our actions have given the Ayatollah and his Revolutionary Guard more power. Besides, why would they ever enter in an agreement with the US again when we reneged on our own agreement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies