Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2018, 07:34 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,811,758 times

Advertisements

Well now, Dolly was in that man hating movie 9 to 5 so she could be a liberal. Then again she (her character) used a gun to threaten to turn a man from a rooster into a crow with a gun so she may be a libertarian.
She is opinionated so she is a human.
Whatever she is, she seems to not want to commit publicly to political comment out of respect for all of her fans. Republican and Democrat. So there you have it.

I am neither fan nor hater. I think she'd be someone to want meet as a celebrity because she seems real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2018, 07:38 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,550,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Elite liberals can't stand any non-compliance.

One who does not express an opinion, is unacceptable - and there will be attempts to smoke out their beliefs.
I keep hearing the term "elite liberal".

What does that exactly mean?

Old 11-19-2018, 07:38 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,390,928 times
LAWD

Now the MSM leftists are attacking Dolly Pardon. A woman who came from nothing, worked hard to get what she has, and who has done nothing but give back to her entire community regardless of race.

The homophoic and racist Joy Beher should be absolutely ashamed of herself. But we know she isn't. It''s a crying shame that NBC still pays this woman.

Old 11-19-2018, 07:41 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,811,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Nine days before the 2003 invasion of Iraq, at a concert in London, lead vocalist Maines said: "We don't want this war, this violence, and we're ashamed that the President of the United States is from Texas."

That's it.

Stations all across the country pulled their music, concerts were cancelled, they were denounced, blacklisted, ...

All over a statement that we all should have been saying.

Watch this and tell me your foot isn't tapping, that they aren't darn fine musicians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GubUoEhQupU

Dolly Parton knows which end is up.

The Dixie Chicks had (have) fantastic voices. Too bad the loudmouth one ruined their careers. It was about bashing one's President in another country. Knowing what we know now, she wasn't far off the mark. I wasn't a DC music listener in the first place so they lost nothing with me.

Old 11-19-2018, 07:46 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,027,203 times
Dolly is the real deal. A hillbilly (and I can say this being descended from 50 generations of hillbillies) from the mountains of East Tennessee with one of the all times great voices in country music. I don't care what her politics are.

Old 11-19-2018, 07:57 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,390,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
No one should be obliged to speak out. Maybe DP doesn't have strong political interests. Or maybe she's just more interested in raking in the money and not alienating any part of her audience. Unlike some entertainers, DP certainly doesn't project an image of serious intellectual activity.

Bless your heart.

Old 11-19-2018, 08:08 PM

552 posts, read 609,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
The Dixie Chicks are not suffering. They should give Natalie Maines a medal. Looks like the rest of the USA caught up with her. Now the majority admits invading Iraq was a mistake.

At the time though, we saw who had the power pf propaganda.
True. Everyone seems to forget that three years after the "ruination" of the Dixie Chicks, they released an album that went double platinum, had their biggest-ever Billboard Hot 100 hit, and won five Grammys. Certainly they had more success with their albums prior to that, but we're not talking Milli Vanilli level dropoff here.

Old 11-19-2018, 08:09 PM

2,696 posts, read 3,751,895 times
I prefer celebrities who keep their politics to themselves. Good for DP.

Old 11-20-2018, 01:24 PM

10,010 posts, read 9,436,016 times
How can anyone take dumbass Joy Behar serious? She once asked if Black Friday was racist . She also ridiculed a Beauty pageant contestant who dressed up in her work attire (nurse) and questioned why she was wearing a stethoscope that is used by doctors.

Old 11-20-2018, 01:25 PM

25,733 posts, read 16,354,005 times
Dolly Parton is a national treasure and I’m glad she’s not choosing to alienate half her fans. Seems a lot like common sense and decency to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies