Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 10:00 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,592,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
What "facts"? All you leftists have are flailing arms and gnashing teeth! Why don't you calm down and enjoy this robust economy.
Now there's a dot that needs to be connected ... perhaps in due time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2018, 10:00 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,791,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Mikala, there is no bridging our viewpoints. You and the rest of the Trump-haters are wasting your lives away trying to convince mature adults who know better to accept your alternate reality. It ain't gonna happen.

Trump is CLEARLY the most honest President either of us has seen in action for at least 55 years and yet you keep saying the opposite with no examples. Because you know there are no substantive ones. I don't know how to help you, though I wish I could - sincerely.

This is an era of hope that we haven't seen since the 1960s and that we will never see again in our lifetimes. It is to be savored while we can.

That's really nice that you want to help us understand. I've been looking for a long time to have an honest fact based conversation with a Trump supporter. Maybe you're the one? Please explain to me how you view the many convictions and indictments swirling around Trump? I want your honest opinion. It's not fake news, it's not alternative facts. It's really happening.

How do you view his many business dealings with the Russian mafia? What has he done for this country that you really like? Are you talking about the Nixon era where many of his inner circle went to jail and Nixon resigned in disgrace?

I am so interested in having an honest conversation with you about Trump. I can't see past the lying and cheating. I find these traits abhorrent, be it in a friendship, a marriage, or the leader of our country. If Trump is doing such great things then don't you think that he could do them as well with transparency and honesty?

Old 11-20-2018, 10:01 AM

16,077 posts, read 10,738,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
No, what's scary is the fact that the MSM is the army of #fakenews and outright lies and the gullible sheep all over believe it. What's also scary is that there is clear election fraud by Democrats and their base supports it right along with Judicial Tyranny.
Says no one but a true Trump cultist. You condemn yourself.

Old 11-20-2018, 10:02 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,389,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
The citizens of Nazi Germany era believed Hitler too. Just saying ...
I stopped right there.

Old 11-20-2018, 10:06 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,592,007 times
Quote:
The citizens of Nazi Germany era believed Hitler too. Just saying ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
I stopped right there.
I wouldn't dig too deep either if I were you as it just might reveal the dead bodies. (tongue in cheek)

Old 11-20-2018, 10:07 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,468,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Pointing out the media’s lies and double standards is not trying to end the free press like libs constantly lie
You bring up FOX news for what reason? 2 university studies found that my German shepherd is better informed than FOX viewers. Media lies? They`re the undisputed champions.

read:http://www.businessinsider.com/study...-at-all-2012-5

Old 11-20-2018, 10:13 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,389,660 times
Quote:
I wouldn't dig too deep either if I were you as it just might reveal the dead bodies. (tongue in cheek)
You're comparing Trump to Hitler. That's ****ing DELUSIONAL! You lose.

Old 11-20-2018, 10:19 AM

25,713 posts, read 18,788,778 times
You know what is interesting about all this "fake news" stuff? It's that those from whichever side assume that the fake news is that which comes from their political opponents. They never harbor the thought that "fake news" might be coming from their side as well. Anyone who thinks that ANYONE is totally honest in the media business is out of the his/her mind. Anyone can write anything. Quit being so damn gullible. You see something that strikes a harmonious chord with your own philosophies and you swoon over its accuracy. You see something you disagree with and it's automatically fake news.

Why don't you pay attention to what matters? How about the laws that are being passed or abolished, the state of the economy, the actual mathematics of it all? He said, she said doesn't mean squat. Two kids fighting in a sandbox--that's what the media has become.

As far as all the "illegal activity" of Trump, when he is convicted of a crime, that's when it becomes relevant. Otherwise it is National Enquirer material. Same thing applies to the Hillary stuff--if and when she is convicted... THAT is fact. Until then, it is conjecture.

Old 11-20-2018, 10:38 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
That's really nice that you want to help us understand. I've been looking for a long time to have an honest fact based conversation with a Trump supporter. Maybe you're the one? Please explain to me how you view the many convictions and indictments swirling around Trump? I want your honest opinion. It's not fake news, it's not alternative facts. It's really happening.

How do you view his many business dealings with the Russian mafia? What has he done for this country that you really like? Are you talking about the Nixon era where many of his inner circle went to jail and Nixon resigned in disgrace?

I am so interested in having an honest conversation with you about Trump. I can't see past the lying and cheating. I find these traits abhorrent, be it in a friendship, a marriage, or the leader of our country. If Trump is doing such great things then don't you think that he could do them as well with transparency and honesty?

you say you want a honest debate... mention "business dealing of trump with Russia...

but as soon as someone shows the facts that hitlery/Obama had many of the same dealing..you dismiss it

lets look at the claimed money laundering the dims say about trump...but FAIL to look in the mirror

even though there is tones of evidence that all the money laundering was done by the Clintons

hmm so-called alleged money laundering...

many connections to Obama and the clintons

the same Russian Investment Fund leader (Russian mafia) who met Trump has had dealings with, has met with bill and Hillary, and paid bill's speaking fee

the same Erik Prince (Blackwater) who got his first contracts under..bill Clinton

the same Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi who met with Bill Clinton

the same Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi who gave a million dollars to help fund the Clinton Presidential Library

the same George Nader , a Lebanese-American businessman, who was a negotiator with Syria during the Clinton administration, for the Israel-Syria talks...the same Nader who acted in president Obama's behalf for his foreign policy team...under SoS Hillary Clinton

the same oligarch paid Clinton millions

emails show Clinton Foundation staff pushed Hillary Clinton's State Department to approve a meeting between Bill Clinton and a powerful Russian oligarch as her agency lined up investors for a project under his purview.
The Clintons' relationship with Viktor Vekselberg, the billionaire whose name appears in the documents, has taken on new significance amid an expanding criminal
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/e...-investigation

Quote:
ill Clinton sought State Department approval to invite a powerful, Putin-backed Russian oligarch with an expansive history of corruption to the Clinton Global Initiative’s 2012 meeting while Clinton’s wife was secretary of state, according to an e-mail newly obtained by National Review.
The June 4, 2012 message was sent by Amitabh Desai, Bill Clinton’s foreign-policy director at the Clinton Foundation and the same man who later asked the State Department’s permission for Clinton to give paid speeches in North Korea and the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

“Would [the U.S. government] have any concerns about CGI inviting Viktor Vekselberg, President of Renova Group, to attend CGI Annual Meeting in NYC in September?” Desai asks Clinton confidantes Cheryl Mills, Jake Sullivan, and Michael Fuchs under the subject line “Russia/Viktor Vekselberg?”
Valued at around $18 billion and described as the “oligarch’s oligarch,” Vekselberg is perhaps the richest man in Russia. Russian dissidents describe him as a key component of Putin’s economic regime, a man who has helped consolidate Russian industry under businesses friendly to the Kremlin in exchange for sweetheart deals and kickbacks. Vekselberg’s Renova Group, which contributed between $25,000 and $50,000 to the Clinton Foundation, seems to have tendrils in virtually every aspect of the Russian economy, from precious metals to oil to high-tech industry.
https://www.nationalreview.com/2015/...r-putin-email/
from 2015

Democrats and the left didn't just collude with Russia; they embraced them, and show no shame in having done so.
https://www.investors.com/politics/e...rump-campaign/

Saudi arabia majorly funded the Clinton Presidential Library

but trump bad, trump bad, trump bad...if you want an honest debate/conversation, then admit, that the claims against trump, also have many connections to the democrats

Old 11-20-2018, 10:41 AM

10,744 posts, read 4,340,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
I'm no fan of Trump, but do you know what scares me more than Trump? His base ignoring all his in-consistences and outright lies as well as his attacks on the media. You can still be a solid Trump supporter and challenge your president on what he says or does. Any media coverage Trump doesn't like, he immediately claims it's fake news, and the scary thing is most of his supporters believe him. People for years couldn't believe how Germany's weak democracy turned into a Fascist dictatorship in the 1930's, I believe one of the first steps is discrediting the media, which in turn leads to citizen's not questioning there own government. The news is Fake? Oh what is the truth oh mighty Trump? A certain ethic group the cause of all our economic woes? We should pass laws to limit there influence in our country? Concentration camps you say?

Fortunately United States is a Strong democracy, I don't see the county falling victim to Fascist rule any time soon, but the lack of public outcry over Trumps obvious lies, miss representing the facts, inconsistencies in his policies, not to mention Trump character flaws scares me far more than anything that comes out of Trumps mouth.
I've never met a person who thinks the media is trustworthy, and I'm talking about the last couple of decades, I've never met a person who trusts the media.
So the narrative may be that Trump is turning people against the media, but who in their right mind has ever trusted the media?
Its always been about headlines, not the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies