Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will You Sign This Very Important Petition??
Yes! Freedom of the Press Matters To Me!! No Journalist Left Behind!! 36 64.29%
No! Alex Jones is EVIL! Practically Satan Incarnate! He Deserves to Have His Rights Trampled On!! 11 19.64%
Who is Alex Jones?? 5 8.93%
Chuck Norris!!!!! 4 7.14%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 10:23 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Alex Jones is not a journalist
You are Satan. You are the devil incarnate. Why? Because I said so.

See how that works?

"Because I said so" is a lousy way to try to make a point. It proves nothing and adds nothing intelligent to any conversation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2018, 10:27 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
You are Satan. You are the devil incarnate. Why? Because I said so.

See how that works?

"Because I said so" is a lousy way to try to make a point. It proves nothing and adds nothing intelligent to any conversation.
I repeat. He is not a journalist. What are his credentials

Old 11-20-2018, 10:33 PM

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times
Alex Jones is not a journalist.
He's a conspiracy theory generator.
Plus he's mentally deranged.

Old 11-20-2018, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I repeat. He is not a journalist. What are his credentials
What credentials are required? He owns and operates a news media organization. He has a respectably long list of contributors and correspondents. Jones, Watson, Weaver, Salazar, McAdoo, White, etc. They all make their contribution to InfoWars. The report the news as they see it just as CNN reports the news as they see it.

All of that more than qualifies Alex Jones be called a journalist. Journalism refers to the production and distribution of reports on recent events. The word journalism applies to the occupation, using methods of gathering information and utilizing literary techniques. Journalistic media include print, television, radio, Internet, and, in the past, newsreels.

There is no bar exam you have to pass in order to become a journalist. If you report current events, congratulations, you are by every definition known to man a bonafide journalist. From there, it's a game of viewership. In spite of the fact that I don't really care for the guy, Alex Jones has a pretty massive viewership. Several million in viewership to be precise.

And once again, "Because I said so" isn't an argument. You're making the claim that he isn't a journalist. Prove it.

Old 11-20-2018, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
So he's basically Jim Acosta, Don Lemon or Rachel Maddow. Okay, did you actually have a point?

One person's fake news is another person's legit news media. How dare any of us discriminate? One person's crazy is another person's sane.

Old 11-20-2018, 11:02 PM

Best take on this thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=287_ynf8kCc&t=83s

Old 11-21-2018, 05:28 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post

Many of the conspiracies, are no longer just theory.
They have been exposed.

Political commentator, with reporters in the field, and guest, to discuss things the Mockingbird Media has been instructed not to touch.

Old 11-21-2018, 07:15 AM

37,199 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
A. InfoWars actually is a news gathering organization. They have on the ground reporting. They have news shows and articles. They are in the same business as CNN and are in fact their much smaller competitor.
B. "He works for CNN" is a very elitist point of view to take. Apparently journalists are like an exclusive club of Lords and Ladies -- noble born with better blood and breeding, which makes them better people than all the human trash and filthy peasants out there. Same kind of thinking, updated for the modern age.
C. I don't see why a journalist has to belong to any organization. Why is that a requirement? Exhibit A: Tim Pool. Better journalist than the vast majority of people claiming to be journalists, but he does his thing solo.

Now in full disclosure, I wouldn't count either InfoWars nor CNN as a completely credible news source. I fully expect both of them to lie to me every single day, so I don't actually watch either one very much. But if one lying, propagandist, politically biased, conspiracy theory centric organization -- CNN -- gets to call themselves "real news media" and "journalists" then that's setting the bar pretty low. InfoWars can make the cut easily.

Why do you keep going back to the whole "he's not a journalist because I say he's not" schtick? Now you've added, "You're just too stupid to know what you're talking about, so your opinion is irrelevant." Very elitist of you ... again. Gotta say, not a good look.
Wake me up when CNN runs stories about gay frogs and fish people and denies Sandy Hook ever happened.

Old 11-21-2018, 07:46 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,597,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Wake me up when CNN runs stories about gay frogs and fish people and denies Sandy Hook ever happened.
CNN runs plenty of their own fake news.

Old 11-21-2018, 08:13 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Sounds just like Acosta and CNN. Acosta is a grandstanding hack, not in any way a journalist. They have absolutely no relationship with the truth, but clearly have a deep and binding, incestuous relationship with the DNC and their political agenda.
LMAO ... That is truly delusional.

Quote:
Best take on this thing:
Nuttier than Alex Jones ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
CNN runs plenty of their own fake news.
Such as ... ? When was the last time CNN called mourning parents and traumatized teenagers "crisis actors"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies