Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 06:41 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times

Advertisements

As I listen to liberals lambast conservatives for being bigoted against the multiple caravans of UNEDUCATED migrants ready to breach our borders illegally, I wonder if liberals would permit a discussion in which we criticize these same soon-to-be illegal aliens for their propensity for their own prejudices and bigotry. As a Jew, I am of course concerned about the rising antisemitism in this country, and the last thing I want to see is some liberal judge do what he can to ease the entry of thousands of more antisemites to this country.

And you say......?

https://www.adl.org/sites/default/fi...es_1_25_17.pdf

Old 11-21-2018, 06:46 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
I would say, as one with King David in my lineage, that antisemitism is/was broadcast by the same people over and over again worldwide....and that people who do not regularly live and deal with those of Jewish extraction are obviously more subject to such propaganda.

Then, on the other hand, I would say that some of our brothers and sisters are "acting out" to a point where perhaps some valid critique can be made. Some of my relatives are kin of the few who survived the Holocaust and I see a hardening and militarization among them...which is unprecedented. They say "enough with being good people, we need to take care of our own - PERIOD - even if it to the detriment of society and others"....

I understand this world-view but at the same time I blocked their posts on FB. Am I anti-semitic? Or, do I know enough about history to know what such outlooks end up doing?

Your turn.

Old 11-21-2018, 06:50 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
As I listen to liberals lambast conservatives for being bigoted against the multiple caravans of UNEDUCATED migrants ready to breach our borders illegally, I wonder if liberals would permit a discussion in which we criticize these same soon-to-be illegal aliens for their propensity for their own prejudices and bigotry. As a Jew, I am of course concerned about the rising antisemitism in this country, and the last thing I want to see is some liberal judge do what he can to ease the entry of thousands of more antisemites to this country.

And you say......?

https://www.adl.org/sites/default/fi...es_1_25_17.pdf
According to Ben Shapiro. Anti semitism exist in both left and right schools of thought. Due to intersectionality, jews have been fortunate to be humble wealthy and political, thus do not face the same level of oppression as those of the intersectionality sphere. It is OK for those of the intersectional left to hate jews. We saw this recently with islamist feminist Linda sarsour. Last thing we need is the spread of hate, and the spread of hate trying to control the government. US is one of the few great empires that did not persecute jews. Soviet union, nazi Germany, Imperial Russia, Spanish empire, Portuguese empire, Kingdom of France, Kingdom of England crusader States, byzantine empire, Roman empire, Greek seleucid empire, and the 1st Persian empire persecuted jews, and did so publicly.

Old 11-21-2018, 06:56 AM

I wouldn't say you're antisemtitic, but you are showing a "quickness" to criticize Jews for their reaction to rising antisemitism - rather than an attempt to appreciate, particularly among Holocaust survivors, why they would put their foot down and vouch to fight back as strongly as possible against antisemtites.

What, after all, did being "good people" get them the last time?

Second, just as you were quick to criticize Jews, you were quick to skip over my concern - and that is the high propensity among Hispanic immigrants (especially the uneducated mobs we see approaching) coming into our country. Don't we have more than enough antisemtites here as it is?

Old 11-21-2018, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
According to Ben Shapiro. Anti semitism exist in both left and right schools of thought. Due to intersectionality, jews have been fortunate to be humble wealthy and political, thus do not face the same level of oppression as those of the intersectionality sphere. It is OK for those of the intersectional left to hate jews. We saw this recently with islamist feminist Linda sarsour. Last thing we need is the spread of hate, and the spread of hate trying to control the government. US is one of the few great empires that did not persecute jews. Soviet union, nazi Germany, Imperial Russia, Spanish empire, Portuguese empire, Kingdom of France, Kingdom of England crusader States, byzantine empire, Roman empire, Greek seleucid empire, and the 1st Persian empire persecuted jews, and did so publicly.
Thank you. I too shuddered at the left's embrace of Linda Sarsour while concurrently decrying conservatives as antisemitic.

Also true about the U.S. being one of the few great nations not to persecute Jews. Do liberals not realize that as antisemitism here rises, we Jews need Israel as a refuge all the more? Yet they are protesting America's support of Israel and trying to undermine it.

Old 11-21-2018, 07:16 AM

858 posts, read 424,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I would say, as one with King David in my lineage, that antisemitism is/was broadcast by the same people over and over again worldwide....and that people who do not regularly live and deal with those of Jewish extraction are obviously more subject to such propaganda.

Then, on the other hand, I would say that some of our brothers and sisters are "acting out" to a point where perhaps some valid critique can be made. Some of my relatives are kin of the few who survived the Holocaust and I see a hardening and militarization among them...which is unprecedented. They say "enough with being good people, we need to take care of our own - PERIOD - even if it to the detriment of society and others"....

I understand this world-view but at the same time I blocked their posts on FB. Am I anti-semitic? Or, do I know enough about history to know what such outlooks end up doing?

Your turn.

Do you have any proof of your assertions?

Old 11-21-2018, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EighthSphere View Post
Here in Florida we have large populations of immigrants and migrants workers from all over Central and South America. We also have large Jewish populations and they both share common areas of shopping ect. in the community. I have not seen any news reports, witnessed, or heard via third party of anti-Semitism in those areas of the state.

I imagine those arriving from Central and South America have more stuff to deal with than what religion someone is.
Except that is your own personal observations, and the ADL conducted a broad study that showed otherwise.

Also, the adults in these particular caravans average something like a 9th grade education, and the poorly educated are much more likely to be antisemitic.

Old 11-21-2018, 08:06 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,426,783 times
Reaping, sowing.

Old 11-21-2018, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Reaping, sowing.
What in the world is that supposed to mean?

Old 11-21-2018, 08:14 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,397,655 times
It's a reference to a Bible verse of you reap what you sow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies