Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2018, 08:43 AM

99 posts, read 51,930 times

Advertisements

killing gays, sharia law , rape and honor killing along with crap like this is what comes with Muslims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2018, 09:20 AM

21,468 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Well the procedures are entirely different because the organs are different. In essence though they are both genital mutilation, just accepting one is ok doesn't refute this. However claims of health benefits for male circumcision are marginal and equally obtained by good hygiene, and while there is little evidence of sexual dysfunction there is significant evidence of reduced sensation and enjoyment which may result in later sexual dysfunction that may be unattributed to other factors (psychological etc.).

So while the procedures are not the same, it's also intellectually dishonest to claim male circumcision is not mutilation regardless of perceived heath benefits. Your contention is just that the mutilation is acceptable because of perceived benefits.
I understand that it’s also mutilation, but nowhere near the same category as FGM. But there are some health benefits to male circumcision, and absolutely zero health benefits to FGM. To put them in the same category is insulting.

From WebMD

https://www.webmd.com/sexual-conditi...e/circumcision

What are the benefits of circumcision?

“There is some evidence that circumcision has health benefits, including:

A decreased risk of urinary tract infections.
A reduced risk of some sexually transmitted diseases in men.
Protection against penile cancer and a reduced risk of cervical cancer in female sex partners.
Prevention of balanitis (inflammation of the *****) and balanoposthitis (inflammation of the ***** and foreskin).
Prevention of phimosis (the inability to retract the foreskin) and paraphimosis (the inability to return the foreskin to its original location).
Circumcision also makes it easier to keep the end of the penis clean.”

For some reason the word g-l-a-n-s is not allowed. I wonder why.

Old 11-22-2018, 09:44 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,271,829 times
You know, I don't know what's even "there" to mutiliate.

Old 11-22-2018, 11:31 AM

2,362 posts, read 777,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I understand that it’s also mutilation, but nowhere near the same category as FGM. But there are some health benefits to male circumcision, and absolutely zero health benefits to FGM. To put them in the same category is insulting.

From WebMD

Protection against penile cancer and a reduced risk of cervical cancer in female sex partners.
Prevention of balanitis (inflammation of the *****) and balanoposthitis (inflammation of the ***** and foreskin).
Prevention of phimosis (the inability to retract the foreskin) and paraphimosis (the inability to return the foreskin to its original location).
Circumcision also makes it easier to keep the end of the penis clean.â€

There are also some benefits to female circumcision listed, along the same vain (less infections etc). It's all BS, but people stuck in their narrow mindsets cannot see just how hypocritical you're being. You're even trying to justify cruel mutilating an infant at the same time expressing deep outrage at female circumcision which literally does the same thing (removes the hood of the clitoris whereas male circumcision removes the hood of the penis).

Mote in your brother's eye, beam in yours.

Old 11-22-2018, 11:53 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,274,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post

From WebMD

Circumcision also makes it easier to keep the end of the penis clean.â€

You omitted the note.
Quote:
Note: Some studies show that good hygiene can help prevent certain problems with the penis, including infections and swelling, even if the penis is not circumcised. In addition, using a condom during sex will help prevent STDs and other infections.
And the risks. Any reason for that?

Seriously circumcision regardless of gender is a medieval practice that should only be performed for valid medical reasons, or at the request of the recipient when they have reached sufficient age to make an informed decision.

So we're down to cancer (HPV, there's a vaccine for that), and if we're looking at the benefits to lopping off body parts for cancer prevention, there's a whole lot more parts that are non-essential that could be lopped off with higher risks of developing cancer, and lower prognosis outcomes.

Old 11-22-2018, 11:58 AM

29,470 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
There are also some benefits to female circumcision listed, along the same vain (less infections etc). It's all BS, but people stuck in their narrow mindsets cannot see just how hypocritical you're being. You're even trying to justify cruel mutilating an infant at the same time expressing deep outrage at female circumcision which literally does the same thing (removes the hood of the clitoris whereas male circumcision removes the hood of the penis).

Mote in your brother's eye, beam in yours.
Yeah, i'm calling Bull**** on this. Please explain how any of this benefits the woman ? Except, possibly the reduction of the labia majora in the case of them being excessive in size.
There are four main types of FGM:

Type 1 (clitoridectomy) – removing part or all of the clitoris.
Type 2 (excision) – removing part or all of the clitoris and the inner labia (lips that surround the vagina), with or without removal of the labia majora (larger outer lips).
Type 3 (infibulation) – narrowing of the vaginal opening by creating a seal, formed by cutting and repositioning the labia.
Other harmful procedures to the female genitals, including pricking, piercing, cutting, scraping or burning the area.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/female...utilation-fgm/

Old 11-22-2018, 12:04 PM

18,439 posts, read 8,268,923 times
Where are all the women's rights...women's health rights...pink p u s s y hats....demonstrating about this?

Old 11-22-2018, 12:33 PM

482 posts, read 242,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
As a medical professional, I can tell you that female circumcision is mutilation and if done on a child, the parents should be charged with abuse!
It actually has benefits though, just like male circumcision. It can reduce a woman's desire for sex outside of marriage by reducing the pleasure received during sex. In parts of the world where this practice is common, women don't stray from their husbands as much.

I could see how a lot of parents might see the benefit in such a procedure, as having a son that is popular with the opposite sex gives a parent a sense of pride, but having a daughter do the same is quite embarrassing.

Old 11-22-2018, 09:20 PM

2,362 posts, read 777,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Yeah, i'm calling Bull**** on this. Please explain how any of this benefits the woman ?
How does male circumcision benefit men? The same BS answers I saw actually apply to female circumcision. The most common form of female circumcision - and the one practiced by these Muslims in this thread - involve removing the hood of the clitoris. This is anatomically no different than removing the hood of the penis. And the same "benefits" and drawbacks are present in both. Less risk of infections and STDS (only a little bit less!) because fluid cannot be trapped under that flap of skin but at the same time loss of sensation in both men and women.

Male circumcision is an absolutely DISGUSTING and AMORAL practice as is female circumcision. What I find abhorrent is your tolerance of male circumcision - even defending it but being aghast at female circumcision. And I think the West needs to have "one law for them all" so if it's willing to tolerate male circumcision it needs to tolerate female circumcision. if it were up to me I'd ban both.

I frankly find your culture of male circumcision just as barbaric and reprehensible as what the Muslims do. I'm just shoving that hypocrisy back in your face because you love to criticize other cultures for the same crap yours does.

Old 11-22-2018, 09:35 PM

25,721 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
Also, burqa is a symbol of female empowerment.
Good joke. It's a symbol of female submission to slavery under male rule. Nothing more.

As for the mutilation, if destroying a woman's bodily function and ruining her life while still a child is acceptable by an entire society and nation, then that society needs to be obliterated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies