Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 12:21 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I have no idea what you are talking about when you say "Trump could neither repay those mobster/oligarchs on schedule, nor borrow any more".
If you do not know that Trump was financed by Russians after his string of bankruptcies then you have much to learn, grasshopper.
Quote:
However, the sanctions on Russia didn't go away.

In fact there are more sanctions on Russians under Trump, than there was under Obama.
Are you giving Trump credit for that? You shouldn't, he opposed them all and did not implement some of them. Congress strengthened the sanctions after Trump attempted to end them (his very first act as president was an attempt to end the sanctions on Russia). They could see what he was up to.

You know this I am sure, so stop playing polemical games with the facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2018, 12:23 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,979,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
What? You Left leaners sat there and screamed Russian/Trump Collusion for over 2 years now. So who are the too stupid to see or care? So it seems the Russians Played those on the Left along with every Democrat and a few R's in DC since THEY are the ones tearing everything apart over this.
Still waiting for the results of the Ben Gazi investigation.

Old 11-21-2018, 12:37 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,092,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I don't know where you get that Muellers investigation is not sufficient. It absolutely is for what it does. And its not yet over. For those hoping it would show Trump directly colluding with Russia that is unlikely. But for those talking about obstruction-that's FAR more likely. A stupid crime to be honest. Trump could have walked away were it not for his idiocy.

And we've started investigations into the nonsense you are whining about. So be specific, what thing do you think has not been investigated enough?
I've never heard a credible argument for obstruction. Many legal experts also say there is no case for obstruction, including left leaning Allen Dershowitz.

It's being reported that Trump didn't answer any questions about obstruction. I'm not sure how Mueller can build an obstruction case when the number 1, and 2 at the DOJ gave Trump cause to fire Comey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
If you do not know that Trump was financed by Russians after his string of bankruptcies then you have much to learn, grasshopper.
You said Trump could never repay loans from Russian mobster/oligarchs. What loans from mobster/oligarchs are you talking about?

Old 11-21-2018, 12:49 PM

3,429 posts, read 2,730,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
lmao...Now Mueller's investigation isn't going to be good enough and it needs to be continued by others. What F'ing nonsense...
As I said, I hope it doesn't become an obsession with the Democrats, but I'm sure that House will want to look into a couple of things that might not fall under Mueller's purview. Trump's taxes, for example. It might just be some sketchy business stuff and not really any big deal. But if his taxes somehow connect to possible Russian influence, this might be a good thing to know. Just to be clear: I'm merely speculating. Given the long-standing precedents of releasing tax forms, why would Trump refuse to follow the tradition if his taxes were reasonably clean? Anyway, that is one aspect of investigation that I think the Dems in the House could reasonably undertake.

Old 11-21-2018, 12:54 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,092,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylenwoof View Post
As I said, I hope it doesn't become an obsession with the Democrats, but I'm sure that House will want to look into a couple of things that might not fall under Mueller's purview. Trump's taxes, for example. It might just be some sketchy business stuff and not really any big deal. But if his taxes somehow connect to possible Russian influence, this might be a good thing to know. Just to be clear: I'm merely speculating. Given the long-standing precedents of releasing tax forms, why would Trump refuse to follow the tradition if his taxes were reasonably clean? Anyway, that is one aspect of investigation that I think the Dems in the House could reasonably undertake.
You can't use congressional investigations to dig into the personal life of the president.

Old 11-21-2018, 01:01 PM

5,208 posts, read 4,666,583 times
Actually we're all humoring this Russian collusion investigation because we're trying to follow the legal process. I have no doubt in my mind Trump would throw any or all Americans under the bus if he thought it would be personally profitable. But there is nothing we can do to him. Just like I'm sure North Koreans know Kim Jong Un is an evil man but they can't get rid of him. But this is the world we live. We share it with all of those who are either too stupid to know or too selfish to care. Human progress isn't linear. We are definitely on the downward slope right now.

Old 11-21-2018, 01:15 PM

27,140 posts, read 13,429,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post

Russia has been at war with the West for decades - that didn't stop when the Iron Curtain came down.
I don't recall the US ever being at war with Russia and the last time Britain was at was with Russia was in 1853-56 in Crimea. The Russians fought against Germany in both World Wars and the allies helped supply them via the Arctic Convoys.

In terms of Russian links to Trump, it was GCHQ (Britain's version of the NSA) and other Western Intelligence Agencies that first brought US attention to the Trump administarions links to Russian targets. This was well before Steele and his dossier.

12 Russians were later indited for hacking DNC emails, and details were passed to wikileaks by Stone and others, whilst George Papadopoulos was also involved.

Whether Trump directly colluded may be determined by those who turn state evidence or indeed secret foreign intelligence, and given that not everything has been released nobody knows the extent or exact evidence linking Trump.

Bannon and Cambridge Analytica also seem to have taken a significant role, in both the US Elections and Brexit vote, which is being investigated by Britain's National Crime Agency.

Old 11-21-2018, 01:22 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,324,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Russia has been at war with the West for decades - that didn't stop when the Iron Curtain came down.

In 2018 there is great celebration in the Kremlin, because it is clear that they are actually winning that war without firing a shot. This was their plan from day 1, to destroy us from within by cultivating division and letting us do the work ourselves, the main thrust of their active measures program; the KGB had always planned for a decades long process - the advent of the Internet simply sped that up.

Reagan understood this clearly, that's why he instituted the active measures working group:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active..._Working_Group

Obama was an ideal President for Russia, because he set the stage for the growth and emergence of a Radical Right; all they had to do was throw a few matches on that fuel. It was a no brainer; why send troops overseas when you can have a few hundred people in a room spreading disinformation and pumping poison into our social networks?

The idea that they were in collusion with Trump is possible but unlikely simply because they didn't NEED to take that kind of risk - no matter who won the election of 2016 they were golden. They knew that Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump would be the most polarizing and divsive Presidents in American history so they were going to win either way.

It's highly likely! Remember, "Russia if you are listening"

Old 11-21-2018, 02:29 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
I've never heard a credible argument for obstruction. Many legal experts also say there is no case for obstruction, including left leaning Allen Dershowitz.
many legal experts? Cool. Many people also say the earth is flat. The MAJORITY of experts believe Trump has obstructed justice JUST based on what is publicly known. Dershowitz has been the minority on this, and remains so. Just like flat earthers.

Quote:
It's being reported that Trump didn't answer any questions about obstruction. I'm not sure how Mueller can build an obstruction case when the number 1, and 2 at the DOJ gave Trump cause to fire Comey.
Because there are multiple causes for obstruction of justice beyond firing Comey. And the number 1 and number 2 were told to make up a letter-but by Trumps own admission he had already decided to do so before those were written, and that the reason was the Russia investigation. Thats obstruction my friend.

Quote:
You said Trump could never repay loans from Russian mobster/oligarchs. What loans from mobster/oligarchs are you talking about?
Let me help. Theres a TON of evidence showing Trump and Russia are heavily financially intertwined.

https://themoscowproject.org/dispatc...deutsche-bank/

And deutsche bank is at the center of it.

Now....is it true? I don't mean the things in the article, but the allegation that Trump got money from Russia this way. And the answer is.....its complicated. Tax returns, and bank records could answer that, and Mueller probably knows the answer. Its why being cleared by Mueller would be so beneficial to Trump.

Old 11-21-2018, 02:31 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I don't recall the US ever being at war with Russia and the last time Britain was at was with Russia was in 1853-56 in Crimea.
Apparently they dont teach about the cold war in school anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies