Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 07:04 PM

2,949 posts, read 2,886,107 times

Advertisements

I just give my fake name and get free health care. It saves me a couple hundred a month. Pretty sweet.

I don't understand why people oppose this. Are they too lazy to make up a name?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2018, 07:12 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,242,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Wouldn't it save more money if they weren't here to begin with?
This goes round and round. In fact they should not be here...but they are.

So do we treat them as less than human?

I would suggest we simply meet their basic needs like anyone else

And expect the Federal Government to swiftly expel them is not here legally.

If the Feds do not do it we treat them like any similar resident.

Not sure why this is so hard. The legality of immigrants is a Federal protocol;. I am not even sure that State and Municipal authorities should be aware of it.

Take care of the local residents and let the Feds do their job.

Old 11-21-2018, 07:13 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,165,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Wouldn't it save more money if they weren't here to begin with?
No, you have to understand that they also contribute over $11 billion in taxes. Besides, your question is irrelevant b/c they are here. I could ask, "Wouldn't it be better if every American was properly educated and had equal access to education. Yes.

Old 11-21-2018, 07:27 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,486,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Yes, this post is all about opposing healthcare to a certain type of resident. Are we reading the same post?

Should the undocumented rely on the emergency room at a much higher cost to the taxpayer or should they just die from treatable diseases because people like you don't like them?

I live in a state that contributes $13 billion to the rest of the country. I think it is worth it. Even if it is paying the disability checks that many of the contributors on this site probably receive. Contributors who spend their days bashing my state - their lifeline. I still think we are better off paying you guys than not. So it is not just the undocumented. I also agree with supporting the deplorable classes.
I have two proposals for people to choose from:

1) Either they only get the service they can pay for or
2) People who hold your opinion can have thousands of dollars tacked onto what you owe the government when your income taxes are done so you can pay for it

Illegals getting better care than our own citizens is disgusting.

Old 11-21-2018, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post

2) People who hold your opinion can have thousands of dollars tacked onto what you owe the government when your income taxes are done so you can pay for it

Got it, they should just die.

They contribute $11 billion in taxes you know. If you are upset about the deplorable healthcare system in the US then stop voting for Republicans. We should have singe payer like every developed nation. That is disgusting. You are directing your anger at a scapegoat instead of the government you vote.

Old 11-21-2018, 07:39 PM

62,555 posts, read 28,756,220 times
Quote:

Nice that you use the correct term of illegals or illegal aliens instead of the PC term of undocumented. There is no such term in our immigration law terminology. I wonder why these illegal alien sympathizers refuse to use lawful terminology? Who do they think they are kidding?

I also agree with the rest of your post.

Old 11-21-2018, 07:55 PM

45,032 posts, read 26,189,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
This goes round and round. In fact they should not be here...but they are.

So do we treat them as less than human?

I would suggest we simply meet their basic needs like anyone else

And expect the Federal Government to swiftly expel them is not here legally.

If the Feds do not do it we treat them like any similar resident.

Not sure why this is so hard. The legality of immigrants is a Federal protocol;. I am not even sure that State and Municipal authorities should be aware of it.

Take care of the local residents and let the Feds do their job.
People come here of their own free will and demand free services and they're the victims? Interesting spin.

Old 11-21-2018, 07:58 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,486,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Got it, they should just die.

They contribute $11 billion in taxes you know. If you are upset about the deplorable healthcare system in the US then stop voting for Republicans. We should have singe payer like every developed nation. That is disgusting. You are directing your anger at a scapegoat instead of the government you vote.
They cost us more than they contribute and I'm a Dem.

Our healthcare issue is not in question here. If we would stop giving illegals freebies, they'd stop coming. They arrive expecting it and they get it. So yeah, if they're here and not entitled to things they cannot pay for, then they will die.....just like our citizens.

Where is all this compassion when it comes to our own living on the streets? You never weigh in on those threads. I find that very telling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Nice that you use the correct term of illegals or illegal aliens instead of the PC term of undocumented. There is no such term in our immigration law terminology. I wonder why these illegal alien sympathizers refuse to use lawful terminology? Who do they think they are kidding?

I also agree with the rest of your post.
The sympathizers like to call them immigrants, as though smart people are going to buy it. I have no problem with legal immigrants.

These people never weep for fellow Americans. I'm starting to think they are illegals.

Old 11-21-2018, 08:01 PM

19,936 posts, read 8,835,636 times
great idea! if you need more cash just raise California taxes.

Old 11-21-2018, 08:40 PM

Quote:
They cost us more than they contribute and I'm a Dem.

Our healthcare issue is not in question here. If we would stop giving illegals freebies, they'd stop coming. They arrive expecting it and they get it. So yeah, if they're here and not entitled to things they cannot pay for, then they will die.....just like our citizens.

Where is all this compassion when it comes to our own living on the streets? You never weigh in on those threads. I find that very telling.

The sympathizers like to call them immigrants, as though smart people are going to buy it. I have no problem with legal immigrants.

These people never weep for fellow Americans. I'm starting to think they are illegals.
People are not immigrating to the US for free healthcare. Many are fleeing dangerous conditions. Think about it. Would you sneak into Canada for free healthcare? You assume these immigrants are living lives like you. They are not.

As for compassion for the homeless, I think our society is disgusting in letting people rot on the streets. I see that we have different types of homeless that require different solutions. Living on the street should be illegal and those that refuse help should be forcefully housed. Some will need 24/7 care for the rest of their lives and others just need a place to clean up and move on to becoming productive members. That is my basic belief. I live in a city with tent cities of homelessness in the thousands. Don't tell me how I feel about it. Thanks.

Don't base my personal beliefs on what I write on this site. Politically, I am what one would call middle ground. I do not agree with the group we call 'Social Justice Warriors.' The problem I have with this site is the amount of ignorance. There is no room to give a personal opinion when the main goal is to educate the uneducated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies