Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 08:49 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
People come here of their own free will and demand free services and they're the victims? Interesting spin.
Around 50 years ago I moved for upstate NY to Orange County CA. I rented a house. Moved in and put my kids in the local schools.

Used the freeways extensively and got protection from the Fire Dept and Police.

If one of my kids got hit by a car they would transport them to the local hospital and take care of them without any regard to our ability to pay. In fact my wife at the time failed to wake up one morning and they came and took her to the hospital and worked to save her including neurosurgery. Was a week later before they got around to asking for insurance.

Why is it you think the illegal alien owe something more than I did?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2018, 08:55 PM

8,553 posts, read 10,975,842 times
This Solis fool, is the same one that got the county supervisors to take tax payer money, to the tune of ten million dollars to be used as a defense fund for illegal aliens, should they face deportation.

What a disgrace, and a slap in the face of the taxpayers of California, and Los Angeles county.

After the ten million dollar fiasco, I, and a friend, who knows city hall like the back of his hand,started a recall petition, but people just didn't seem interested.
I think the huge population in the county(mostly Hispanic,)didn't see anything wrong with tax payer monies being used for illegals, and wanted to stick up for their "sister" in the board of supervisors.

Bob.

Old 11-21-2018, 08:56 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,022,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Around 50 years ago I moved for upstate NY to Orange County CA. I rented a house. Moved in and put my kids in the local schools.

If one of my kids got hit by a car they would transport them to the local hospital and take care of them without any regard to our ability to pay. In fact my wife at the time failed to wake up one morning and they came and took her to the hospital and worked to save her including neurosurgery. Was a week later before they got around to asking for insurance.

In the end, did you have insurance that paid out?

Old 11-21-2018, 08:59 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,608,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post

A medical emergency like getting hit by a car is a completely different scenario than us bankrolling their comprehensive health insurance. No one has denied illegals access to care when they're in a life or death situation.

Old 11-21-2018, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
A medical emergency like getting hit by a car is a completely different scenario than us bankrolling their comprehensive health insurance. No one has denied illegals access to care when they're in a life or death situation.
This of course includes delivering children they were pregnant with before hopping the fence.

Old 11-21-2018, 09:16 PM

19,840 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuptag View Post
At what point is faking an accent and having no ID the preferred way to get government services?
Yo no hablo ingles.

Old 11-21-2018, 09:17 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
People are not immigrating to the US for free healthcare. Many are fleeing dangerous conditions. Think about it. Would you sneak into Canada for free healthcare? You assume these immigrants are living lives like you. They are not.

As for compassion for the homeless, I think our society is disgusting in letting people rot on the streets. I see that we have different types of homeless that require different solutions. Living on the street should be illegal and those that refuse help should be forcefully housed. Some will need 24/7 care for the rest of their lives and others just need a place to clean up and move on to becoming productive members. That is my basic belief. I live in a city with tent cities of homelessness in the thousands. Don't tell me how I feel about it. Thanks.

Don't base my personal beliefs on what I write on this site. Politically, I am what one would call middle ground. I do not agree with the group we call 'Social Justice Warriors.' The problem I have with this site is the amount of ignorance. There is no room to give a personal opinion when the main goal is to educate the uneducated.
I assume nothing about illegals - stop calling them immigrants. My grandparents were immigrants. These are illegals we're discussing here.

Whatever their conditions are, there is a legal way to do this. Entering illegally is completely unfair to those who have come here legally. Newer citizens don't even want to see illegals doing what they do because they still have family waiting to come here.

If we didn't have services for illegals, if there was no aid for them, they wouldn't be coming here in the numbers they do. We cannot save the world - we have our own problems and our own citizens should come first above all others. Period.

You say you're moderate and nothing you've posted has ever indicated that, so based on your posting history, I have to believe you're a liberal who is now posing as something else. And weighing in now about the homeless is a little late and sounds disingenuous.

Americans are dying because they cannot afford insurance - I care more about them.

Old 11-21-2018, 09:21 PM

Illegals and their anchor offspring = future democrat votes. Nothing more to see here. Moving along-------->>>>>>>>>>

Old 11-21-2018, 09:23 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,277,252 times
This is the future of California.

Old 11-21-2018, 09:26 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
This of course includes delivering children they were pregnant with before hopping the fence.
The feds reimburse all states, read ALL STATES for hospital delivery of the baby of illegal aliens. It's not something new and it's not something unique to California and most people are not anxious to see women giving birth on the sidewalk in front of a hospital
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies