Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 04:07 PM

2,258 posts, read 1,137,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Harry, how is it that people still don't know this? There have been articles and books and documentaries about this, but still people don't understand that our government is responsible for this - and major banking institutions would never allow this to stop because they make billions off the money laundering.

We're fighting the wrong people here. There's no difference which party or people are in charge - the government does not have our best interests at heart.
Tell em M!
I have a feeling that even if we started a thread on this, people still will say they want to see people needlessly incarcerated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2018, 04:40 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Tell em M!
I have a feeling that even if we started a thread on this, people still will say they want to see people needlessly incarcerated.
Yes - just like the knee jerk response when some innocent person is killed by a cop is,'They should have complied!' Even when video is posted showing they complied they come up with an excuse about how they didn't.

If we started a thread half the people would deny that the government is behind drugs, accusing us of wearing tinfoil hats. I don't think folks really understand that if you genuinely do love this country, you don't try to cover up our warts - you work to get rid of them completely.

I'm hopeful reform is coming and people incarcerated (mostly black males, as you know) for things that are legal or simple misdemeanors today will be released. They never should have been put in prison in the first place, but we can thank Bill Clinton and a justice system that isn't color blind for that.

I read an analysis a couple of years ago that stated black folks made the biggest financial gains and improved their lives the most during the '80s and the Reagan administration. They moved the needle more than any other group, including white folks. I've often wondered if the harshest crime bill was meant to tear families apart and ensure that needle moved back.

Old 11-24-2018, 11:56 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Yes - just like the knee jerk response when some innocent person is killed by a cop is,'They should have complied!' Even when video is posted showing they complied they come up with an excuse about how they didn't.

If we started a thread half the people would deny that the government is behind drugs, accusing us of wearing tinfoil hats. I don't think folks really understand that if you genuinely do love this country, you don't try to cover up our warts - you work to get rid of them completely.

I'm hopeful reform is coming and people incarcerated (mostly black males, as you know) for things that are legal or simple misdemeanors today will be released. They never should have been put in prison in the first place, but we can thank Bill Clinton and a justice system that isn't color blind for that.

I read an analysis a couple of years ago that stated black folks made the biggest financial gains and improved their lives the most during the '80s and the Reagan administration. They moved the needle more than any other group, including white folks. I've often wondered if the harshest crime bill was meant to tear families apart and ensure that needle moved back.
Yes, they are the ones actually wearing the 'tin foil hats', as they believe every word the Govt or law enforcement tells them!!

When it comes to drugs, people should refuse to comply, its that simple, the fight for civil rights is a great example of this, it was common for many white people back then to just want them black people to sit down and obey the laws, stop making trouble for everyone!! Its the same thing with the drug laws today, we need our 'Rosa parks' of the drug revolution in other words, we need someone willing to refuse to comply with law enforcement/Govt.

These laws are unconstitutional...NO ONE should be obeying or complying with these laws!

Even the police that enforce these laws are guilty, 'just doing ones job' has never been an acceptable excuse for tyranny, its time we hold them responsible, lets see how they like being put on trial for enforcing unconstitutional laws!!

I really believe if we fight hard, future generations will honor and celebrate those who are first at refusing to comply, or who give law enforcement a really tough time, there are going to be alot of people arrested in this fight, that is for certain, but anything worth doing is not going to be easy, Patriotism requires the blood every so often...this is one of those times.

Old 11-25-2018, 06:55 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,507,757 times
Yes, Sue the city PD. Thats right, get everything she can. But, what will you do when your taxes go up to pay for LEO salarys etc after city was financially exhausted.
Thereis a small city near me in SC that lost its PD due to funding, because of illegal crap the PD was doing. Well, they have no PD now and they must ask a county sheriff to patrol.
They effectively have no PD..
The lady is owed an apology, pay and some monetary help for pain and suffering. But not millions. I would like to see the whole story, what else was in the car, her record or anything else.. There is always more to the story.

Old 11-25-2018, 07:44 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,972,072 times
The "War on Drugs" is, and has been from the start, an abject failure.
It has cost untold numbers of lives, and money, for little or no return on investment.
If people want to use that garbage, IMO they should be allowed to do so. Tax the dope heavily, just as tobacco and alcohol are taxed! Control the purity of it to stop the cutting with poisonous substances. Make it available at any neighborhood Pharmacy. Allow these mental/emotional defectives (yes, IMO, using that junk either creates or supports that level of incompetence) destroy themselves with their chosen poison.
I have never used any of the carp (deliberate wrong spelling to fool the Censor!), except painkillers when prescribed, and, for 40 years, cigarettes (I quit when "they" put a $1 per pack tax on them).
Alcohol? a six pack of beer will last me up to 2 weeks.
Caffeine? One cup of coffee per day, usually.
I worked in an industry that required pre-employment drug testing, and random tests for the duration of employment.
No, I have no sympathy or patience for junkies!
Or for the "War On Drugs!

Old 11-25-2018, 09:23 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,507,757 times
The War on Drugs is a financial gravy train.. Think of DEA, ATG, FBI, CIA etc etc not to say State and local PD funding.
War makes money for someone

Old 11-25-2018, 09:30 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Many in LE are obsessed with the failed war on drugs and innocent people suffer. This is just one example of what can happen when LE is blinded by their obsession with the war on drugs.
-----------------
Woman Spends Months In Jail After Lab Finds Meth In Car. It Was Actually Cotton Candy.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/38616...9O2xLGyW4NCyA4
So how many people from all walks of life are die by over dose of these drugs?

Old 11-25-2018, 09:39 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,972,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So how many people from all walks of life are die by over dose of these drugs?

So, whose fault is it that they die from an OD? Seems to me they have no one to blame but themselves!
THEY bought the dope. THEY used the dope. THEY were not careful enough to measure the dose they took of the dope.
Y, know, there is a reason that junk has been called "dope" for many years. One has to really be a dope to use it!

Old 11-25-2018, 09:54 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,004 times
What one says and does has consequences: be ill-intentioned or not, when an investigation that indicated a person did something bad later turns to be a flawed investigation*, then those initial investigating parties should face the penalties or consequences. In this case, it is members of the police force and members of crime labs.

*the suspect did not do something illegal or perhaps not to the degree that initial investigation's findings.

Old 11-25-2018, 10:26 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
The War on Drugs is a financial gravy train.. Think of DEA, ATG, FBI, CIA etc etc not to say State and local PD funding.
War makes money for someone
Not all the time, my hometown PD purchased some gear not long ago with seized drug money, they made a big deal about it, lots of people were actually supporting them, patting them on the back!!

Law enforcement (Federal, state and local) are the main problem, they are the ones who benefit most from drug laws.

This has really impacted my view of police today, I view them being the same as the cartel hitmen or guys that go out and behead, kidnap people, they are NO better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies