Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2018, 05:42 PM

3,070 posts, read 2,398,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
LOL, of course she's a MAGA deplorable degenerate. Think about it real hard. Which party is the party of the Alt-right White Supremacist?

ANTIFA are not representative of Democrats and no Democratic leader condones that type of behavior. Besides, I seriously doubt those a-holes vote. The lady in the article IS the Republican Party today.
Saying that one fringe group represents a party while another fringe group doesn't represent the other party is special pleading.

But to your point, look up Maxine Waters' call to mob cabinet members in the street, at restaurants, at gas stations and tell them they're not welcome. I don't know of any Republican congresspeople, cabinet members or other officials at that level making a similar call to action towards--well, anyone.

If you think a white racist represents--not supports, but represents--the Republican party, maybe you'd like to answer my post about why, if Trump et al are such racists, Trump supports the First Step Act to reform the criminal justice system, met with mostly black inner city ministers in August, commuted the sentence of a black woman in jail for 21 years for a non-violent drug crime, or why it was Republicans who stood up and cheered when Trump announced record low black and Hispanic unemployment while Democrats sat in their seats and scowled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2018, 05:53 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
These Trumpers used to keep their racist thoughts to themselves, but are now emboldened by their leader's open racism.
What racism? Oh wait, you have no argument so that’s all you have. Got it. Press on and be ignored.

Old 11-23-2018, 06:00 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
This article has an extremely detailed list of Trump comments and actions related to race, positive and negative. It's an interesting read

Quote:
President Donald Trump’s long history with race is complicated.

He is a man who was accused of racial discrimination multiple times at his businesses but who used his Mar-a-Lago resort to smash white-only membership policies in Palm Beach, Florida.

He was among the loudest voices attacking the legitimacy of the nation’s first black president, but launched one of the most public Republican efforts in modern history to reach out to the African-American community.

He has a Jewish daughter and grandchildren, yet left Jews out of a Holocaust remembrance statement.

He fired a longtime aide for using a racial epithet, but secretly funded ads that associated Native Americans with drug use and crime. And he has repeatedly called Mexicans rapists and criminals while insisting that he loves them.
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...d-history-race

Old 11-23-2018, 06:47 PM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Again one white woman says something racist and it’s blown up to the level of national news.

Shameless.

What’s next? National news articles titled black man robs liquor store.

Some people need to grow up and not accept attempts to paint entire racial groups using individual bad actions.

Old 11-23-2018, 06:51 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
LOL, of course she's a MAGA deplorable degenerate. Think about it real hard. Which party is the party of the Alt-right White Supremacist?

ANTIFA are not representative of Democrats and no Democratic leader condones that type of behavior. Besides, I seriously doubt those a-holes vote. The lady in the article IS the Republican Party today.

You make a great case for stricter gun control laws. I have no doubt that as deranged and hateful as you appear, that you'd put a bullet in my head, if you thought you could get away with it. The type of demonzing you do, is what the Nazis did to the Jews. Dehumanize people and it makes violence and horrible acts permissible, even understandable. Make no mistake about this: You are part of the problem.

Old 11-23-2018, 07:06 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,953,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
racial purists run across ALL racial lines, it is not exclusive to white people. sorry but you fail.
Where did I say it didn’t?

I was simply sharing an experience I had.

Old 11-23-2018, 07:12 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheerbliss View Post
Saying that one fringe group represents a party while another fringe group doesn't represent the other party is special pleading.

But to your point, look up Maxine Waters' call to mob cabinet members in the street, at restaurants, at gas stations and tell them they're not welcome. I don't know of any Republican congresspeople, cabinet members or other officials at that level making a similar call to action towards--well, anyone.

If you think a white racist represents--not supports, but represents--the Republican party, maybe you'd like to answer my post about why, if Trump et al are such racists, Trump supports the First Step Act to reform the criminal justice system, met with mostly black inner city ministers in August, commuted the sentence of a black woman in jail for 21 years for a non-violent drug crime, or why it was Republicans who stood up and cheered when Trump announced record low black and Hispanic unemployment while Democrats sat in their seats and scowled.
The Alt-Right is not fringe. It has gone mainstream and is embraced by the Republican party. Period. The Republican party is dead to me now. I say this as a middle of the road political person.

Old 11-23-2018, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
This article has an extremely detailed list of Trump comments and actions related to race, positive and negative. It's an interesting read

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...d-history-race
I don't see an actual act of racism on that list. The list, pretends to present both sides, but is clearly biased in the language it uses & some of the obvious omissions. Trump won the Ellis Island Award along with Rosa Parks & Mohamed Ali, he & Jesse Jackson have a friendship that goes back decades, he donated space, rent free, to Jackson's Wall St. project, he supported Jesse Jackson's presidential run, had a long time friendship with Al Sharpton & was wildly popular among Black folks in NYC.

The left NEEDS Trump to be racist so badly, that it's gone to great lengths to craft that narrative. The truth is he's always been very popular in the black community & we're seeing that today, with his favorability among Black voters currently at triple the average for GOP candidates and steadily rising.

Old 11-23-2018, 07:16 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Again one white woman says something racist and it’s blown up to the level of national news.

Shameless.

What’s next? National news articles titled black man robs liquor store.

Some people need to grow up and not accept attempts to paint entire racial groups using individual bad actions.

It is not just one, there are multiple white women coming out and spewing their racist crap. Trump is bringing then out of the woodwork.

Old 11-23-2018, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
It is not just one, there are multiple white women coming out and spewing their racist crap. Trump is bringing then out of the woodwork.

In your mind this is true. In reality, it's not true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies