Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2018, 03:02 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,140,268 times

Advertisements

Many people go home for Thanksgiving, but Mar-a-Lago is not his home. George W. Bush, recognizing that he was the one sending out troops, had the decency to go to Afghanistan and serve turkey (even though, yes, it was mostly a photo-op), but we know Trump is too chicken to go to a war zone. He could at least pretend to honor the troops and go to the southern border. But, no, Trump is too lazy and self-centered. He probably particularly likes Mar-a-Lago because there are more people - I can't imagine he wants to bask in his family.

I feel sorry for those troops. I'm sure when they signed up, they didn't anticipate being part of a political distraction, where they'd be called upon to threaten civilian women and children.

Trump’s reluctance to visit troops in war zones is an aberration

https://www.washingtonpost.com/histo...=.ee0005046de2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2018, 03:33 PM

393 posts, read 166,672 times
I don’t believe you feel sorry for those troops. And I bet if President Trump had gone there to serve turkey you would have started a thread accusing him of being a distraction or some other nonsense.

Old 11-23-2018, 03:50 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
I don't feel sorry for the troops because I don't think they care one way or another whether President Trump shows up to serve turkey on Thanksgiving, but I do think it's interesting that he seems to be studiously avoiding any trips to see active duty military members in war zones. It makes one wonder.

Old 11-23-2018, 03:53 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,986,461 times
I bet everyone who lives in or near Trump Tower is happy he didn’t go home for Thanksgiving.

Old 11-23-2018, 03:53 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,453,685 times
So Trump ducks out to Mar-a-Lago for Thanksgiving.

The man is a weasel. He'll hang out with his rich friends, to give them bragging rights, and maybe appoint another hustler from the membership to be an ambassador. Their children will not be put in harm's way defending the USA.

Old 11-23-2018, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesp View Post
I don’t believe you feel sorry for those troops. And I bet if President Trump had gone there to serve turkey you would have started a thread accusing him of being a distraction or some other nonsense.
I certainly do feel sorry for men who probably enlisted either because they dreamed of honorable military deeds, such as in WW2, or perhaps just lived in a tiny town with no employment possibilities and hoped to better themselves - now finding themselves trapped in a situation where an unhinged "Commander" wants to use force against unarmed women and children.

Old 11-23-2018, 03:55 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Many people go home for Thanksgiving, but Mar-a-Lago is not his home. George W. Bush, recognizing that he was the one sending out troops, had the decency to go to Afghanistan and serve turkey (even though, yes, it was mostly a photo-op), but we know Trump is too chicken to go to a war zone. He could at least pretend to honor the troops and go to the southern border. But, no, Trump is too lazy and self-centered. He probably particularly likes Mar-a-Lago because there are more people - I can't imagine he wants to bask in his family.

I feel sorry for those troops. I'm sure when they signed up, they didn't anticipate being part of a political distraction, where they'd be called upon to threaten civilian women and children.

Trump’s reluctance to visit troops in war zones is an aberration

https://www.washingtonpost.com/histo...=.ee0005046de2

Trump won't act and do the way I want him too !!!

Next time i'm not going to vote for him...AGAIN !!!

Old 11-23-2018, 03:57 PM

17,792 posts, read 13,687,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
we know Trump is too chicken to go to a war zone.
Trump is too chicken to fire his "best people" in person. That's about as gutless and unethical as you can get.

If Trump went to a war zone I bet his heels would start acting up as soon as they hit the ground.

I imagine Trump feels like he can bump up the visitors to his resorts if he shows up on holidays.

Old 11-23-2018, 03:59 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,453,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post

I imagine Trump feels like he can bump up the visitors to his resorts if he shows up on holidays.
Nailed it.

Old 11-23-2018, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I don't feel sorry for the troops because I don't think they care one way or another whether President Trump shows up to serve turkey on Thanksgiving, but I do think it's interesting that he seems to be studiously avoiding any trips to see active duty military members in war zones. It makes one wonder.
I'm not sure why you think it makes one wonder. Seems to me that there are two clear reasons.

First, he's apparently always been reluctant to travel unless it involves profit, and, like many bullies, he's apparently a coward underneath.

Second, although I don't think it's crucial for a president to have served in the military, he knows he's open to "bone spur" taunts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies