Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 05:36 PM

417 posts, read 190,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
The people doing the hating always have a good reason, even when they don't. That's how tribe think, group hate, the herd works.

What the OP is saying is exactly correct. I never thought I'd see the level of hate that Nixon commanded. We were in the middle of the Viet Nam war which had dragged on for a decade. He had promised to end it and didn't. Even I was less than 18 months from being drafted, so I hated the guy for that as well.

The reason Trump gets all this hate for every little thing he does is simply incredible. Let's be honest, if that's actually possible. If Trump turned water into wine and walked on water the left would still come up with reasons to hate him for it.

The left was so complacent knowing their Queen would be crowned that when she lost they lost their minds. They have shown that they care little for 1/2 the citizens in this country, our election process,

civility.

Ok let's be honest.

Sadly, tribalism, group hate and the herd raises it's banner in both camps.

While there are people who will not like trump even if he "turned water to wine and walked on water" the majority simply do not like his politics let alone his past history with things like; not paying his employees, scamming charities, suing and bullying the "little guy" to get what he wants, just for starters.

trump did not win the popular vote, so "1/2 the citizens in this country" is not quite correct. And while we're being honest, both sides could use a refresher in civility.

Old 11-24-2018, 05:36 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
What exactly did he destroy other than Liberals psyche? What policies has he passed that directly affected you?
He's deregulating everything that could possibly help the environment and denies the effects of climate change, even after his own government releases a report to the contrary. He's trying his damnedest to have the clock turn back to the 50s wanting to overturn Roe v. Wade (or at least some in his administration would love to see that happen, i.e. Pence), he wants to cancel healthcare for poor children and overturn the ACA, which would effectively cause millions of people to lose their healthcare. He implemented tax cuts that mainly enrich the wealthy while adding to the deficit. He's started a trade war with China whereupon he has already had to bailout farmers. Who knows where all that is going to end up. He castigates constantly the other two branches of government when they don't go the way he thinks they should. He wants the DOJ to investigate his political enemies, acting like the DOJ is his own personal staff. He alienates our allies (except for his BFF Saudi Arabia) and embraces the world's dictators. He attacks the FBI and his own intelligence community. He resorts to infantile name-calling and bully tactics like some prepubescent school kid. He refuses to stand up to and call out the alt-right, David Duke and those like him. He goes to rally after rally inciting folks to "lock her up," when there have been numerous investigations into HRC. He villifies the media and wants to tamp down on the First Amendment. He goes directly to the Supreme Court with his little pet peeves rather than wait for the process to take place through the court system like it's supposed to do, undermining the court system because he doesn't like the way they rule and clearly does not understand the basics of how government works. Instead of acting like a grown up and fulfilling his duties as president, he tweets attacks on celebrities, judges, other politicians, individuals, etc., like some rabies-infected addle-brained idiot. For starters.

Old 11-24-2018, 05:37 PM

1,733 posts, read 948,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Yeah, I think if any of the other GOP candidates had won the election we wouldn't have this issue. No president in history has tried to destroy this country single-handedly like Trump has. That might have something to do with it. I never thought I'd say this, but George W. looks like an absolute genius next to this man. He is one of the most unintelligent, base, narcissistic, classless, ill-prepared people I've ever seen in general, much less as one who is supposed to be the leader of the free world. He's an embarrassment to this country and to the world. Never had to say that about another president before.

You're wrong. Obama sought to "fundamentally change" America and if Hillary had been elected, his goal would have been realized.

Trump has withdrawn the U.S. from pacts that would have devastated our economy, suppressed wages for American workers, and given control of our country to the U.N..

Under the Trump administration, the economy is clipping along, wages are rising, and our borders will FINALLY become secure.

I read 5 to 7 newspapers a day; from the far left to the far right and the truth is somewhere in the middle. I also channel surf between MSNBC, CNN, FOX, and OAN. CNN and MSNBC are darn near 24/7 Trump hate and those that only watch them simply regurgitate that hate.

Old 11-24-2018, 05:39 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,140,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I hope you'll also admit that never, in your 80 years, has there ever been a president as ignorant, as openly bigoted, as sexually predatory, as money-grubbing, as emptily boastful, as flagrantly insulting, as malicious and spiteful as Trump.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
Yes there has, Clinton is a good example. He just hid it well.

I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous. Bill Clinton ignorant? He was a Rhodes scholar and, in debates or at press conferences, could immediately summon up a vast amount of information. Bigoted? Really? How do you figure that? Yeah, he hit on women, but he had the grace to do it privately, not to be openly predatory as Trump has always been, including the bragging about crotch-grabbing. Insulting? Give some examples of Bill Clinton spouting denigrating personal insults or insulting allied nations as Trump keeps doing. Malicious and spiteful? Name some things Clinton has done that are comparable to the way Trump has gone after Bezos, or, for that matter, trying to prosecute Hillary.

Old 11-24-2018, 05:42 PM

8,551 posts, read 10,973,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Strangely enough, that is the exact same question I have for those who support Trump.

The man sells out the nation to a Russian dictator and now a Saudi prince.

He badmouths judges, and parents whose son was killed in combat.

He has ripped people off from electricians and students to investors and banks.

Calls the Constitutionally protected free press "enemies of the people." Accuses the FBI & CIA of being a nefarious "deep state."

An alley cat has better morals.

Lies constantly, I mean constantly. Can't believe a word he says.

The man is an absolute disgrace and yet his followers act like he's the second coming.

What is wrong with you people?

Lets take this one claim at a time.

Prove everything you stated here, instead of running off at the mouth.
Let's start with "selling out the country to a Russian dictator".
You have substantial proof of this?
Let's see it.
Just what judge did he badmouth?
All I recall is he stated the words "Obama judges".
Supply proof of these people he ripped off.

Calling the press"enemies" is his own feeling, and as a US citizen, he has every right to state what he believes.
We all do that on this forum.
I have used words to define the press, and they are a hell of a lot worse that what Trump has called them.
As far as morals, do not judge, least ye be judged.
Once again where is the proof?

The one point I will agree on, is he does lie. more than is acceptable, but no worse than any other politician.

In your eyes he may be a disgrace, but I believe your hatred for the man started on election night, and being on the losing side, it is only natural to harbor some hate.
The problem is, this hatred has been going on for far to long.
As I stated in a previous post, it only serves to make you dems look absolutely foolish.

Now, let's see all of that proof you have concerning what you stated in what I quoted.

Bob.

Old 11-24-2018, 05:46 PM

417 posts, read 190,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I agree, OP. Although I’m almost half your age, I’ve never in my entire life witness such whining and hatred towards a human that really has done nothing wrong. America voted and unanimously picked him as President.

Obama was 100% correct when he said Americans will do the right thing come Election Day.

Unanimously? What are you talking about??????

Old 11-24-2018, 05:47 PM

1,733 posts, read 948,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Strangely enough, that is the exact same question I have for those who support Trump.

The man sells out the nation to a Russian dictator and now a Saudi prince.

He badmouths judges, and parents whose son was killed in combat.

He has ripped people off from electricians and students to investors and banks.

Calls the Constitutionally protected free press "enemies of the people." Accuses the FBI & CIA of being a nefarious "deep state."

An alley cat has better morals.

Lies constantly, I mean constantly. Can't believe a word he says.

The man is an absolute disgrace and yet his followers act like he's the second coming.

What is wrong with you people?

Re bolded, he was right, e.g. Comey leaking info to a friend that contacted the NYT so that an investigation against Trump would be initiated. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Old 11-24-2018, 05:48 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times
Bob, why is it so important to you that everyone likes President Trump?

8,551 posts, read 10,973,619 times
I asked in my original post, directing it at the democrats," what is the purpose of all your hatred, and what do you feel it accomplishes, other than making you look like complete fools".
I have not seen one logical answer to that question yet.
Are you dems afraid to answer it?
Hatred is one thing, but to carry it for such a long time is inexcusable.

Bob.

4,526 posts, read 6,085,863 times
I imagine that anyone that does NOT want to live under a dictator would hate a wannabe dictator that admires current despots and read all he could about Hitler and grew up under a male dominated NAZI parent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies