Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2018, 06:44 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Its not the car, its the "black". Someone had nothing else to say other than to blame black people because the bigot was fighting to get out for 15 pages. They had no knowledge to contribute to this thread otherwise.
Thank You

Old 11-26-2018, 06:47 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
This is why GM is in trouble. Obama "saved" them.

Six Years Ago Obama Promised to Buy a Chevy Volt. Now It Is Dead
The Chevy Volt is 1st generation electric tech and has been superseded by better tech with longer ranges, even the later Chevy Bolt is getting behind the curve. But the major domestic & foreign manufacturers are all betting on electric.

Old 11-26-2018, 06:48 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
The funny thing about Ford and GM is they are doubling down on BIG trucks and SUVS. Ok, until gas prices rise again, there is a recession or there is a push to cut emissions.

By doing this, they are cutting out a huge part of the world demand as well. Not a recipe for long term success.
And what is Trump telling them to do by his words and actions?

1. Rolling back MPG requirements (allows for more larger vehicles).
2. Denying Global Warming
3. Doing away with other regulations related to transportation
4. Failing to institute new programs to develop our auto industry as a whole - and energy sectors also (other than MORE coal and oil and more pollution)....

The strange thing about Backwards Trumponomics is that the opposite WOULD work. If this country embarked upon massive R&D and Infrastructure...with the HELP of Government in the "big things", we could create a new economy. It's going to happen anyway but with a lot more pain.

Remember, Trump has made it clear that Steel and Manufacturing (and Autos, of course) are extremely important to our national security.

As usual, he made it clear using Bigly Words and Zero Action...in fact, as mentioned, opposite action.

The guy is a nightmare that won't go away. He will end up at the bottom of the list of all POTUS's in history....if we survive the possible WWIII that he won't be able to avoid taking part in.

Old 11-26-2018, 06:51 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post

^^^I knew one of the Trump cheerleaders would come in here and try to put the blame on Obama. I wasn't disappointed!

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Trump told the people of Ohio not to move; that their jobs would NOT be leaving and that more would come.

Another lie.

He should have put strings on his tax breaks and he failed to do so.
Tax breaks came from state, who controlled terms.

Just got a nice big Toyota Hybrid - killer car and 43 MPG for a big sedan loaded.

On my trip to the dump today I noted that at least 1/2 of the cars there were Hybrids. Of course, I live in a area where people are reasonable that way (Yankee thrift).

Hey, at least we have Tesla.

Old 11-26-2018, 06:52 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22
Let's see...do we blame Trump and tariffs
...or admit we build crap cars that no one wants

...no brainer
It's not about "crap cars" but "cars" in general. "Cars" is is a shrinking market segment and we can't make a profitable low cost car in the US/Canada - that's why the Big 3's small/low cost cars have long been made in Mexico or Asia.

Old 11-26-2018, 06:53 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The Chevy Volt is 1st generation electric tech and has been superseded by better tech with longer ranges, even the later Chevy Bolt is getting behind the curve. But the major domestic & foreign manufacturers are all betting on electric.

Any excuse for the hapless community agitator. He said it was the future of GM. Now it and the Cruze, another Obamamoble, are gone.

Old 11-26-2018, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Tax breaks came from state, who controlled terms.
In a general sense, tho, Trump borrowed the equiv of a couple trillion (1.5 presently and projected to be much more) to give Federal Tax Breaks to Corporations.

Of course, this never should have been done in the first place (it's out of debt and deficit)...but, that aside, the money was just handed out. Corporations didn't have to do anything for the many billion each (large) company is getting for free.

I'm sure GM will make a lot from the tax breaks. Those workers won't.

Old 11-26-2018, 06:56 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
^^^I knew one of the Trump cheerleaders would come in here and try to put the blame on Obama. I wasn't disappointed!

I bet you patted yourself on the back when the hapless community agitator said he'd buy a Volt when he left office. Lied about that too.

Obama should have let the market deal with GM instead of bailing them out with 100s of millions of tax dollars, and even more wasted on broken "electric" payouts. They'd be much better off today if that had happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies