Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 02:20 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Maybe the trees look better in person, but in the video the texture looks off, and I've been trying all morning to figure out how to describe it. My first thought was pipe cleaners or cheap fake fur, but that's not really it. I hate to say it, but after looking again, I really do think that they look like pointy mounds of hamburger. As another poster said, perhaps some kind of lights or other decorations might have softened the effect.
The problem is, there are no visible branches. It looks like red carpet that's been shaped into a cone and stood up on the wide end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2018, 02:26 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times
I think the forest of decorated trees in the Grand Foyer is lovely.

Old 11-27-2018, 02:33 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,656,633 times
The video itself is weird. Honestly, the whole time I'm watching it, the way the camera focused on Melania trying to look "in awe" or fake some sort of reverence was sort of awkward. I expected at the end to have announcer come on and say "This Christmas, give the gift of Chanel..." or something. The whole thing was filmed to look like a commercial for Christmas and then a luxury manufacturer chiming in at the end.

Old 11-27-2018, 02:39 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times
Oh come on, people, its Christmas décor, and the attacks on the First Lady over what volunteers put together is, frankly, kind of gross. My own house looks like Santa's sleigh just exploded in it, and I'm sure some of yours do too. Christmas decorating is always garish and over-the-top. That's the fun. Find something else to criticize. There's plenty available. No need to attack the red trees.

Last edited by randomparent; 11-27-2018 at 03:18 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 11-27-2018, 03:03 PM

17,569 posts, read 13,344,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Imagine if Trump actually was nice to the liberals during Christmas time. That would be quite the article.
How bout the libs being nice to President Trump during Christmas time. THAT would be quite the article!

Old 11-27-2018, 03:19 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
How bout the libs being nice to President Trump during Christmas time. THAT would be quite the article!
I love how Trump critics are expected to be on better behavior than Trump -- lol.

Old 11-27-2018, 03:26 PM

The red trees are hideous, random and seem to be randomly thrown into place.

They just are awful.

They don't look good in pictures.

They don't seem to go with all the rest.

Bad design concept -- not her fault -- except she will take credit for all the hard work and planning.

Old 11-27-2018, 04:44 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
I don’t think the trees themselves are the problem, it’s just the way they are staged. One or two of these make a pretty statement. A hallway full of them lends itself to jokes about the walls running with the blood of your enemies lol.

The color is too bold to be grouped IMO. I think it works more as an accent piece.

The rest of the decorations are nice I think.
They are made of Berries, which is clear in the Washingtonian photos. Staged in the Collonade, which is all windows. The Leftist Media has fuzzed the photo so they have no depth.

A lot of people use Red Berries at Christmas- I always have. Nothing “bloody or demon” about them.
Last year she used white branches and they thought that was Evil also.

Old 11-27-2018, 04:51 PM

10,012 posts, read 15,659,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
I don’t think the trees themselves are the problem, it’s just the way they are staged. One or two of these make a pretty statement. A hallway full of them lends itself to jokes about the walls running with the blood of your enemies lol.

The color is too bold to be grouped IMO. I think it works more as an accent piece.

The rest of the decorations are nice I think.
That's what I think, too. A few would have been fine, but there are too many of them. They are made of holly berries, btw.

Old 11-27-2018, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I think the forest of decorated trees in the Grand Foyer is lovely.
I think you are in a minority.

Most have criticized the comments about the red trees but few can defend the design choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies