Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 11:04 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Watch View Post
That's why I say, adopt his message and let him pass the torch to a younger "up-and-comer" who shares his views on how to run this country. It's happening with Alexandria O. Cortez already. I don't know if she is POTUS material just yet (give her several years) but surely, somewhere, there's someone with an eye out on their constituents and a devotion to the principles of liberty, equality and justice.

That someone is out there, but you won't find him/her by looking at THIS administration.
AOC is a dim wit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2018, 11:11 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,554,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkat7UYPJWA

This is why Bernie is different from other democrats and why he is the only one I’d vote for. He rationally discusses the positives of communist states and criticizes the media for being too pro-government.

Imagine if Kamala Harris or Beto O’Rourke said something like this on democracy now (an actual news show that reports on facts).

They like the Clintons and Obamas will hide behind MSNBC while supporting Main Stream us policy.

That is why the ‘left’ wing Gillum or Biden will say we need to invade Venezuela but are tighted lipped on El Salvador or Honduras (US backed dictators). That is why main stream Liberals always defend America as a great country standing against tyranny when in actuality it’s the opposite.

Bernie is the only politician with the exception of AOC to mean what they say and not viciously support capitalism at every turn.

Nancy Pelosi and others like to keep for profit control over public goods so that when the republicans come to power, they undue all the minor restrictions put into place.

Liberals on this forum don’t get the democrats are meant to hold back the left, not support it. So tell me again why Beto, Kamala, Biden, Clinton, Stacey Abrams, Sharice Davids, and all these other mainstream goons are just like Bernie only younger and more race conscious.
Bernie Sanders is a douche bag as are those who.....

Old 11-27-2018, 11:13 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Nope, he is worth $700,000.

try again.
https://www.newsweek.com/bernie-sand...k-deals-992845

Old 11-27-2018, 11:31 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
We have a fossil in the WH now. It's time for someone outside my boomer generation to be POTUS.
Sanders isn't a Boomer; he's a "Silent". He's older than a Boomer. He needs to go play with his grandchildren.

Old 11-28-2018, 12:25 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
We’ve got to work with countries around the world for a political solution to get rid of this guy (Assad) to finally bring peace and stability to this country that has been so decimated.”
Bernie Sanders on Meet The Press - 4/9/17

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...-syria-strikes

Yes Bernie, you're a war criminal too.

Old 11-28-2018, 12:30 AM

260 posts, read 324,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Sanders isn't a Boomer; he's a "Silent". He's older than a Boomer. He needs to go play with his grandchildren.
So is Bloomberg. I hate to be rude, but if you don't hold Bloomberg to the same standards as Mr Sanders, then you're being VERY hypocritical.

Let's see: you dislike Sanders because he's no Democrat and you think he's biting the hand that feeds him (DNC). You hold his age against him? Well, Sanders is 77. Bloomberg is 76. One year removed, BIG WHOOP.

You claim that Sanders is an Independent, well, you're right. So is Bloomberg, and he rode on the Republicans' coattails for SIX FREAKIN' YEARS. Sanders NEVER did that, he was always a progressive Independent who caucused with the Dems and Dems only. He's no friend of the American Right and their authoritarian-tinged agenda. You may as well cozy up with Romney and Boehner, if you claim to be so ideologically opposed to Mr Sanders. Remember: "Country over party", that's an important philosophy that too many American politicians and voters alike refuse to bide by.

(Note I'm not directing all of this at you SPECIFICALLY, Katarina. You and I might be on the same page, overall. But I know that there are simple-minded, sheepish "voters" who put their political parties before the interests of their friends, relatives, neighbors and themselves. I doubt you are one of those voters).

Old 11-28-2018, 01:53 AM

1,705 posts, read 538,122 times
If you go back 30 years and listen to his speeches and ideas and policies, they are the same now as then.

He wants a Scandinavian type of economy, where the state takes care of all the public goods, while capitalism takes care of the private market.

Every other country that has this system, is ranked as the best countries to live in... I know, I live there.

Old 11-28-2018, 02:04 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Nope, he is worth $700,000.

try again.
LOL a 6 figure salary for how many years and I am worth more than her is......
Yeah he is the one we should be taking advice from...
Listen, I dont think that Bernie is an evil guy. He is an idealist and they tend to be a little unbalanced. I'll be the first to say that the DNC and the democrat party screwed Bernie in favor of Hillary.. That said no thank to any advice from him. If I want business advice I'll talk to someone who has a successful business. Employee relations? Someone who has managed a large firm.

Old 11-28-2018, 06:28 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,327,299 times
Quote:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkat7UYPJWA

This is why Bernie is different from other democrats and why he is the only one I’d vote for. He rationally discusses the positives of communist states and criticizes the media for being too pro-government.

Imagine if Kamala Harris or Beto O’Rourke said something like this on democracy now (an actual news show that reports on facts).

They like the Clintons and Obamas will hide behind MSNBC while supporting Main Stream us policy.

That is why the ‘left’ wing Gillum or Biden will say we need to invade Venezuela but are tighted lipped on El Salvador or Honduras (US backed dictators). That is why main stream Liberals always defend America as a great country standing against tyranny when in actuality it’s the opposite.

Bernie is the only politician with the exception of AOC to mean what they say and not viciously support capitalism at every turn.

Nancy Pelosi and others like to keep for profit control over public goods so that when the republicans come to power, they undue all the minor restrictions put into place.

Liberals on this forum don’t get the democrats are meant to hold back the left, not support it. So tell me again why Beto, Kamala, Biden, Clinton, Stacey Abrams, Sharice Davids, and all these other mainstream goons are just like Bernie only younger and more race conscious.

Bernie Sanders should just go away!

Old 11-28-2018, 07:19 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,431,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Bernie Sanders should just go away!
You’re one of those democratic voters who doesn’t care how corrupt or complicit your party is, you’re only interested in making sure the ads win elections.

That is not what democracy is about, it’s not about supporting what is best for the country; sadly we have a very authoritarian country so people like you give your loyalty to one party and attack anyone who shows the falsity of this fantasy state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies