Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 07:43 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Of course. How in the world is it possible that some nobodies could possibly have the inside scoop and real truth about every subject known to man? It's literally impossible.
You are probably one of the most qualified people to answer that question. Reflect on how YOU do it, and you'll have your answer....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2018, 07:45 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Yet the basis of this entire discussion is that the photo is fake, because the people away from the tear-gas are not running.

If you follow your responses throughout this discussion, you are twisting and turning at every stage.

-It was staged because look at the people standing in the background
-Snopes is fake, therefore I don't believe that it wasn't staged.
-OK, someone cornered me that they actually used Tear-gas, but rather than admit it, I go with "but Obama"
-It's fake because people within a few feet of tear-gas, WITH THEIR CHILDREN, are not remaining calm.

[EDIT] They aren't real journalists, they are propagandists. (that's golden. You proved my point AFTER I typed it.)

For goodness sake, we've all been wrong. Why do you have to be like Trump when you get caught? Why are you doubling down? Just admit it, you fell for right-wing propaganda media. It happens. Man-up already and just admit that Trump is not infallible, and everything he does is not ordained perfectly by God.
God damn another blind leftist bot. OPEN YOUR EYES AND SEE THE OTHER STAGED PHOTO SHOOTS IN THE BACKGROUND!!!!

Old 11-29-2018, 07:52 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times
I don't understand what the OP is getting at??? I watched about a minute of the video. Is s/he denying these things happened? I think s/he is not (no pun intended) looking at the bigger picture. Were children ripped from their parents or not. A picture of one child that may not have been separated matters not. What matters is that children were separated and put in cages. Was there an attack and people hurt, including children. The use of the picture matters but does not negate what happened. I guess I can add anti-child to the growing list of attributes this board abides. Shame.

Old 11-29-2018, 07:54 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I don't understand what the OP is getting at??? I watched about a minute of the video. Is s/he denying these things happened? I think s/he is not (no pun intended) looking at the bigger picture. Were children ripped from their parents or not. A picture of one child that may not have been separated matters not. What matters is that children were separated and put in cages. Was there an attack and people hurt, including children. The use of the picture matters but does not negate what happened. I guess I can add anti-child to the growing list of attributes this board abides. Shame.
Oh quit yer virtue signaling

Old 11-29-2018, 07:54 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
The media outlets are always looking for headlines and ratings as well as some are trying to push a Leftist agenda.

How many photos did we see of caravan people sitting down and happily eating lunch? An image like that won't get anyone excited but toss in a can of tear gas and there is your headline. The media has always been a bunch of vampires with their "if it bleeds it leads" mentality but now they are trying to create a story, a narrative to push an agenda and it is such fake news. Trump has never been so right.

The media pulled the same fake news fake outrages during the last Hurricane where a reporter would find a deep puddle to stand in and report from while the camera crew and bystanders are in ankle deep water.

It is such a scam and smart people are on to them and their tricks.

Old 11-29-2018, 07:56 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Oh quit yer virtue signaling
Not sure what you mean. So, you deny any of these things happened. OK. Good day.

Old 11-29-2018, 07:57 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,310,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
It's fascinating to me that someone who regularly posts pro-life content is more upset that some photos may have been selected due to showing the most dramatic moments rather than the fact that there's a canister of tear gas a few feet away from a child in diapers.

Are you denying that tear gas was used?
These people chose to break the law with small children in tow. When laws are broken, especially as flagrantly as they are by these folks, things can get messy. When do we blame the parents for putting the kids in harm's way and teaching them to break the law?

23,561 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
It's fascinating to me that someone who regularly posts pro-life content is more upset that some photos may have been selected due to showing the most dramatic moments rather than the fact that there's a canister of tear gas a few feet away from a child in diapers.

Are you denying that tear gas was used?
fine to use this photo if captioned appropriately. It was captioned to mislead viewers and support a political narrative.

Additionally the image did not represent the essence of the border skirmish. Again, intentionally used to misrepresent what was actually happening.

Obama used the same batch of government issued tear gas, Trump used.

Obama gets a pass, Trump gets scorned. See the difference the rest of the country sees??????

Terminal TDS has infected the media.

Obama calls caravan a political stunt. A thousand miles away. First Obama called isis the JV team and now calls the caravan a mirage. called yemen a perfect example of his ME policies. Demonstrates what a consummate liar Obama is or it speaks to his cosmically poor judgment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Nx0O11_ve0

Obama appears more and more pathetic and cements his reputation as a bold face liar. where is the media to hold this man responsible for his distorted perspective????????????

3,658 posts, read 2,563,286 times
One good thing can come out of these photos. The next group of people may see this and believe it, real or not, and decide it is not worth the risk to try and come over here.

Old 11-29-2018, 08:12 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The media outlets are always looking for headlines and ratings as well as some are trying to push a Leftist agenda.

How many photos did we see of caravan people sitting down and happily eating lunch? An image like that won't get anyone excited but toss in a can of tear gas and there is your headline. The media has always been a bunch of vampires with their "if it bleeds it leads" mentality but now they are trying to create a story, a narrative to push an agenda and it is such fake news. Trump has never been so right.

The media pulled the same fake news fake outrages during the last Hurricane where a reporter would find a deep puddle to stand in and report from while the camera crew and bystanders are in ankle deep water.

It is such a scam and smart people are on to them and their tricks.
And how many people defended this as a great way to alert people to the danger of hurricanes? Even though it was FALSE and amounted to the press LYING to the public. And people clammored on and on about how it was such great way to use the media.

People want to be lied to. It's mental illness.

And re the caravan: These people are traveling for months, sleeping in the dirt, walking in the dirt: So why are they SO CLEAN? Their clothes are spotless. Their feet and shoes are clean. Anyone who has ever been camping knows that after about 5 hours you are dirty. And with no access to showers, guess what? You stay dirty until you get home and shower?

Please, love to hear explanations on that one. Are they stopping at the 24-hr laundromat every day to wash their clothing? Where are they showering? It makes no sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies