Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 09:31 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,805,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
I don't think this debacle is due to the CEO being a woman. Plenty of male CEOs have driven companies into the ground.
Including Trump!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2018, 09:47 AM

8,480 posts, read 6,882,429 times
So what is the beef with the compensation package. She’s charged with running a multi billion dollar global business enterprise. It’s a unique skill set that only a select few in the world are capable of doing successfully. High job skills equal large paychecks. If she fails she will be out the door like anyone on the assembly line who can’t do the job. And she’s a women. So what.

Old 11-29-2018, 05:26 PM

3,212 posts, read 1,651,502 times
You will notice the OP will say nothing about his lord and master Trump's business failings. Crickets.

Old 11-29-2018, 08:30 PM

2,089 posts, read 3,905,101 times
These problems at GM are under her watch, her decisions. Period. Meyers destroyed Yahoo and Whitman and Fiorina destroyed Hewlett Packard. Women make great managers, not great leaders.

Old 11-29-2018, 08:33 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,612,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
She embarrassed Trump earlier this week, so you've created a new thread to attack her. Gotcha.

By the way, BentBow. You didn't respond to my post in the other thread yesterday. You and I had agreed on a friendly wager to log out of City-Data for a month, depending on whether or not John Brennan is indicted within six months of the midterms. I was going to bump the thread to remind you, but it was closed by admin. Are we still on for that wager? Or would you like to back out?
I know it is way too early to call it a win but I am going to congratulate you on winning the bet with BB.

Old 11-29-2018, 08:35 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,418,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbo1957 View Post
These problems at GM are under her watch, her decisions. Period. Meyers destroyed Yahoo and Whitman and Fiorina destroyed Hewlett Packard. Women make great managers, not great leaders.

In case you haven't noticed, the worse leader in this country is your very own president mobster Trump.

Old 11-29-2018, 08:45 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,608,703 times
Hmm. Interesting question......

Is GM also the only car maker in the world forced to shutdown so many plants?

Old 11-30-2018, 03:15 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,849,467 times
Women CEOs in S&P 500 from Catalyst

The following list is alphabetical by CEO's last name.

Quote:
Topics: Women in Leadership
Date: October 3, 2018

Old 11-30-2018, 06:32 AM

29,213 posts, read 22,351,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAmerica View Post
Could be? Sure. Is it? No. She is a democrat donor,was on Clinton's VP short list AND was Michelle Obama's guest in 2014 I believe....she is doing this to harm Trump voters and harm Trump. Funny thing is we will just tax the hell out of there crap made overseas when they try selling it here. If you want to harm workers in America there is no need to help you harm them by allowing you to sell your junk here.
That's ridiculous!
She's the CEO of a very large international corporation. She's not making the necessary adjustments to her business to harm Donald Trump- she's doing it for the same reason any CEO does- to keep her products profitable and competitive in the market.

All the car manufacturers have been caught short in the public's sudden shift to SUV style wagons instead of sedans. They're all struggling to meet the market right now.

GM isn't failing. It's adjusting. Just like Ford and Chrysler and all the other auto makers world wide. All of the big 3 are making vehicles and parts in countries all over the world, and they're all incorporating those vehicles into their American sales. They've been doing it for over 30 years now.

None of this has anything to do with Trump, except that Trump's tariffs aren't helping the industry any. I wouldn't expect any of the car makers to be big supporters of his idiocy- it's hitting them all equally hard.

Old 12-05-2018, 02:22 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,167,920 times
I feel sorry for th GM workers but since when is it okay to haul the CEO in and demand a reverse course?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies