Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 10:51 AM

29,547 posts, read 9,716,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
Whats has never occurred to most people is that if Trump has never done anything wrong. Why has so many lied for him, to protect him and even gone to jail. Not to mentioned all the cronies and yes men he has to have on his team. Sounds just like how the mob works.
Can you put your insight and question in a more positive pro-Trump light perhaps?

Right. "You just can't paint a turd!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2019, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Let’s say that for arugements sake your right and Muller finds nothing on Trump. Does it mean that he’s innocent or just got away with it? it’s like speeding you broke the law but you didn’t get a ticket for ir.
Trumps smart enough to get away with things like pay outs to get zoning permits, etc without getting busted.
I once stole $20.00 from my mom when I was a kid and she never knew about it. Just because I didn’t get caught doesn’t mean I didn’t do it.

As for Trump he sure acts qulity as hell.
I'm not one to speculate when it comes to what will come of such an investigation. "Innocent until proven guilty" is also our way, but most Americans have already learned enough about Trump and his people without needing Trump to be indicted...

Old 02-28-2019, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Top minds n Physics choosing to live in the USA has nothing to do with Trump pro or con.

Now, Trump is making half the nation happy and the other half in stark raving madness....so he is the antidote to Obama.
I will agree the story I started this thread with is a very small part of a much bigger story, and I won't repeat the comments from some time ago in this thread about that. LOTS and lots of other stories have been included in this thread since then. It's more about the WHOLE story related to what Trump is doing to/for America that this thread is about...

Meanwhile, just how do you come up with this notion that "Trump is making half the nation happy?"

Old 02-28-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc

What are you going to do when Mueller says he's found no collusion?

Forget the collusion. Not going to get him on that. He never actually thought he would win the election. If you saw it. They showed him and the look on his face when he was announced as the new president. Shock is what I saw. While campaigning he was also in the works for a Trump Tower in Russia. He was looking to make countless millions in Russia. Then this president thing came up. He likes the dealing part in things. just following through legally he has a trouble with.
I hate to think what you write is mostly true, but no doubt it's something of a concern to think such a thing could be true, and is probably true. As much showman as Trump tends to be, a TV personality no less, it is very easy to believe he was in it because he could, and because he just gravitated toward the biggest spot light he could imagine, to campaign for president of the United States (again). Enjoying that spot light without thinking he could actually win. Heady stuff...

Old 02-28-2019, 11:14 AM

8,497 posts, read 4,559,995 times
Trump is ruining the US, smashing its norms and lowering all its standards, and trashing its position in the world.

Old 02-28-2019, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
No argument from me on THAT one. President Trump certainly seems to be a quilty (<I sorta corrected the spelling for you) quilter who quilts from the hip. I wonder if he reported those quilts he is quilty of quilting on his tax returns? If only the House democrats could get his tax returns, I bet they'd find he quilted all those quilty quilts without reporting them and THAT would make him quilty as hell! I wonder if President Trump has a quilty conscience?
Quilty as Hell if I have to guess, but not one to feel at all bad about wrong doing I don't think...

Old 02-28-2019, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
That certainly isn't me. I can find a ton of economic fault with President Trump's proposed policies. I also don't think he acts very presidential on most days, although on some occasions he does. The thing I really like about President Trump, (and NO, I did NOT vote for him and I never will) I like the FACT that he is not beholden and therefore under pressure to support or oppose anything he doesn't want to support or oppose. This FACT pisses off both those on the left as well as those on the right. That, I like a LOT!
Agreed! I have also commented in the past that I was impressed when Trump stood in the middle of that stage with the other many GOP contenders to his left and right, explaining they had all taken money from him. Money Trump didn't need to take from anyone. Though I hated the thought of Trump becoming POTUS, I thought at least he might do something about the problem of money in our political system. What he did was become POTUS and what he has done about the problem of money in our political system is nothing.

Sadly, Trump seems to be proving that it takes a billionaire to buck that problem, and that's like putting out a fire with gasoline. Trump paid his own way to become POTUS, to support whatever he wants, as in demand rather than negotiate. No doubt this does peece off everyone else who has had to work their way to office in this political system of ours, with public service, but I'm not sure this is really cause for praise either. More like cause for our longest government shut down yet. Can't praise Trump too much about this either, not when that privilege gets trashed in so many ways Trump is trashing the opportunity to serve this country as he should.

Old 02-28-2019, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Trump is ruining the US, smashing its norms and lowering all its standards, and trashing its position in the world.
And supposedly "making half of Americans happy." Not true, but too many Americans anyway and why these Americans are happy is yet another significant cause for concern...

Old 02-28-2019, 02:08 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 21 hours ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,037 times
It's pretty noteworthy that 2 of the top 5 reasons include "social and political climate of the US" and "feeling unwelcome in the US". Even the latter reason is given just barely under half the time (49.%%), far ahead of gun violence (32.5%). Those two reasons also made a wider jump than even the top reasons (Visa Application and denial), and even bigger than the gun violence one.

Sounds to me like America has a lot of soul searching to do in this matter - ask ourselves what it is about US social, political, and culture that turns off so many of the world's best and brightest.

Old 02-28-2019, 04:23 PM

13,242 posts, read 4,924,139 times
Default What Trump is doing to/for America...

What Trump is doing to/for America...

How does this sound?

What's happening in America in the Trump era:
  • Rooting for a team alters your perception of the world.
  • We can be immune to uncomfortable facts.
  • Leaders like Trump have special powers to sway public opinion.
  • People don’t often make decisions based on the truth.
  • Political opponents are often really, really bad at arguing with one another.
  • White people’s fear of being replaced is a powerful political motivator.
  • It’s shockingly easy to grow numb to mass suffering.
  • Fake news preys on our biases — and will be very hard to stamp out.
  • Conspiracy theories may be rampant, but they’re a specific reaction to a dark, uncertain world.

9 essential lessons from psychology to understand the Trump era

Motivated reasoning, bias, fake news, conspiracy theories, and more, explained.

https://www.vox.com/science-and-heal...bias-fake-news
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies