Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 01:03 PM

2,771 posts, read 2,283,589 times

Advertisements

BTW, he died in the hospital one day later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2018, 01:05 PM

17,330 posts, read 6,676,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
No such thing. Racism, is racism.
REAL racism only counts if liberals can use it politically. Get with the program.

Old 11-30-2018, 01:06 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,088,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Sweetie, I'm not the topic here. Let's get back to the story, m'kay?
Lol.

Any given OP’s intentions when creating a post are wholly relevant, sweetie.

Old 11-30-2018, 01:07 PM
Status: "Repub's IVF ruling is anti-family and anti-America" (set 13 days ago)

5,784 posts, read 3,568,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Yeah, so? It's awful, but I think the only reason you're interested is because it's a fluke of reverse racism.
Your comment is highly plausible, if depressing; if not for the OP, then certainly for a lot of people on these types of C-D forums.

Bullies and their apologists just want to have it both ways. Find it disgusting that *that* kind of person is like *that* (usually some variant of weak, stupid, ugly, etc.) - yet when their own types of people get attacked by someone of even higher social clout or physicial strength, they commit the very whining they castigate the "crybabies" for doing. These macho/real man types are the most blatant hypocrites breathing oxygen.

Old 11-30-2018, 01:14 PM
Status: "Repub's IVF ruling is anti-family and anti-America" (set 13 days ago)

5,784 posts, read 3,568,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Did you click on the link I provided? The first story is about a six year old who killed himself. This is happening at younger and younger ages.
There's also this story from CNN
Suicides under age 13: One every 5 days
The article starts about an 8 year old committing suicide, plus a chart about suicide rates among 11 and 12 year olds.

Old 11-30-2018, 01:22 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,483,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
There's also this story from CNN
Suicides under age 13: One every 5 days
The article starts about an 8 year old committing suicide, plus a chart about suicide rates among 11 and 12 year olds.
Thanks for the link, Phil. This is beyond heartbreaking. They're kids - they shouldn't have a care in the world.

Old 11-30-2018, 01:25 PM

27,537 posts, read 15,968,325 times
Quote:
Yeah, so? It's awful, but I think the only reason you're interested is because it's a fluke of reverse racism.
Wow, on the contrary, youre not obvious at all

Old 11-30-2018, 01:41 PM

45,016 posts, read 60,002,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
So the solution is life in a shrinking white bubble? Did this kid have no one to turn to? I find it hard to believe that techers or parents didn't see a red flag at some point.
Over 30 years teaching I had more than a few (40 or so) students who attempted suicide and several who were successful (fortunately less than 10).

In most cases they weren't showing any outward indications that a teacher would pick up on. A handful yes, but the vast majority no.

What did happen in many cases, and I count these in attempts, one of their friends would come to me, or another staff member who was trusted, and voice their concerns. We then would get involved.

In a few cases there was blowback from the parents, but that happens over damned near everything.

There were also a few who were killed in car accidents that I've always suspected were suicides (clear night, dry roads, run into a bridge/tree/off the road on a straightaway).

Old 11-30-2018, 05:22 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,208,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Is "Asian Gang" the politically correct way of saying Islamic Gang?
No, because not all Asians are Muslim, and not all Muslims are Asian.

That said, most people called "Asian" in the UK are Pakistani and are, indeed, Muslim.

Old 11-30-2018, 07:54 PM

34,301 posts, read 15,540,867 times
Quote:
Self-loathing is not a fluke its a main stream liberal/prog/Dem tactic.
Its child abuse also and the consequences will produce increasingly more results of death. It is a human rights violation, evil in intent with no benefit to the subject/victim. To describe it as a mind rape would not be to severe. Many of those who live are forever psychologically damage for life without extensive therapy. Its also a silent killer that could account for existing suicide rates. Its a public health issue.

Suicides are at the highest rate in decades, CDC report shows
https://www.vox.com/science-and-heal...ife-expectancy

The deep self-loathing that is sometimes present with the darkest depressive episodes is one critical risk factor for suicide.
https://chd.org/depression-self-loathing-suicide/

Last edited by phma; 11-30-2018 at 08:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies