Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2018, 09:20 AM

18,458 posts, read 15,236,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
Thank God for the blue laws
I really coudn’t care less one way or the other about the blue laws in Bergen County.

But I do hope they repeal them, just so I can watch you go ballistic.

It should be very entertaining.

Old 12-02-2018, 09:28 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Still a few remnants of those laws other places. Can't sell cars here on Sunday.
Most of the blue laws have been abolished in my area, but the no car sales on Sunday remain. The last time I was looking for a car I would go on Sundays and wander the big car lots, taking my time examining all the vehicles without having a salesman pouncing immediately and following me around. I'd be okay with that one staying.

Last edited by JAMS14; 12-02-2018 at 09:39 AM..

Old 12-02-2018, 09:36 AM

8,479 posts, read 6,878,349 times
Quote:
A New Jersey resident has been threatened by the town of Old Bridge with $2000 fine per night for “public safety” over his famous massive Christmas light display in his own private house he had been doing for 15 years bringing joy and happiness for people coming from near and far. He never had any issues before until recently this year after a new Jewish neighbor moved in and complained. Of course this resident already paying enormous property taxes in NJ, now the mayor and town officials are asking him to pay to display this. Say goodbye to First Amendment right where people cannot express their freedom of belief unless they pay the town for it. Thankfully he hired a lawyer and I truly hope town officials will now pay him fine for this ridiculous thing!

https://abcnews.go.com/US/jersey-tow...> id=59486675
Trying to work a jab at the Jewish neighbor I see. I guess the the major power point on this story is the description of the “massive” light display. Sometimes it gets to the point where neighbors are unreasonably inconvenienced. Bright lights flooding through their windows. Traffic jams and blocked driveways.

Old 12-02-2018, 10:09 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,734,689 times
Quote:
Next time don’t live near a Jewish neighbor...
You really think that one Jewish neighbor is causing all of this? why don’t you go live next to this guy?! As a taxpayer I wouldn’t want to pay even more for this guy’s light display. If someone wants to see a light show they can go to Shadybrook Farms and see the lights.

His does not belong in a residential neighborhood, it’s an absolute disturbance. If the guy likes it that much he should have to pay out of his own pocket to control traffic.

Old 12-02-2018, 02:12 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
It's a war against people who feel that their selfish and self-aggrandizing wants and needs should trump everyone else's rights to safely and peacefully enjoy their own property. And a war against having to foot the bill for the aforementioned ass**** in the form of having their taxes going to pay for the security to ensure he is allowed to continue to infringe on their rights.

There is nothing Christian about his behavior toward his neighbors. In the end he is just another phony Christian. They are an epidemic in this country these days.
A couple years ago I was driving through a neighborhood, it was in October. One house had their Halloween display going on & literally right next door, his neighbor had full blown Christmas decorations up, covering the entire yard. You just know that the one w/that christmas display in October is the neighborhood arse. I guess I don't really have an opinion about this story because I don't have a neighbor that decorates their house like that. But, if one did & it was causing traffic headaches for me than yes, I would not be happy about it.

Old 12-02-2018, 02:21 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
You really think that one Jewish neighbor is causing all of this? why don’t you go live next to this guy?! As a taxpayer I wouldn’t want to pay even more for this guy’s light display. If someone wants to see a light show they can go to Shadybrook Farms and see the lights.

His does not belong in a residential neighborhood, it’s an absolute disturbance. If the guy likes it that much he should have to pay out of his own pocket to control traffic.
There is no Jewish neighbor, VG. The article said some people complained. The OP stating the neighbor is Jewish is not based on fact. It's based on his disdain for Jewish people.

How very Christian.

Old 12-02-2018, 02:59 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,348,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Skeptic View Post
WOW, the dark ages still exist in NJ
Well, there have been a number of referendums to lift the Sunday ban on shopping in Bergen County over the past few decades, and so far, they've been defeated at the polls. I guess it's the will of the people.

I found it a bit inconvenient once when I wanted to go buy something driving through that part of NJ on my way to Newark Airport to catch my flight back to California, but OTOH, maybe it's kind of nice to turn away from feeding our consumer urges for one day a week.

Old 12-02-2018, 03:16 PM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times
I am frankly surprised this thread is still going strong (and, yes, I do know that I am now continuing it, also, lol).

I would think that this debate would have been exhausted by now, as I do think it has definitely been established that in the minds of most people, the OP is at least as mean-spirited as any of the people who complain about 'over-the-top' holiday displays.

Old 12-02-2018, 06:11 PM

15,860 posts, read 21,427,956 times
Maybe the OP should give up all the Christmas songs written by Jews since he's so concerned about how we're ruining Christmas.

Goodbye, "Let it Snow." Farewell, "Santa Claus is Coming to Town." Adios, "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas." "Rudolf the Rednose Reindeer," "Sleigh Ride," "White Christmas," "Silver Bells," "Rocking Around the Christmas Tree," "I'll Be Home for Christmas," "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year," "There's No Place like Home for the Holidays," and "Santa Baby" are a short list of the Christmas songs written by Jews. Take them off your holiday playlist.

All Grinch-related songs, books, and attire? Sayonara.

If the Jews are so anti-Christmas, then certainly you won't appreciate the fruits of our musical labor.

Don't worry, you've still got "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer."

Old 12-02-2018, 06:11 PM

4,026 posts, read 2,711,590 times
Quote:
I don’t have issues with any religious minority at all, in fact I have Jewish friends that I hang out with and interact with Jews all the time. What makes my blood boil and upsets me is the Anti-Christianity by many of the Jews. They take advantage of the Establishment Clause and wants to shovel their religious and culture down in our throats of the majority and many more loyal to Israel than America. Thankfully Muslims have no issues with Christmas and its decorations at all, neither do any other religious minorities besides the Jews and atheists.

Jews are the one’s who challenged the blue laws, religious public displays and Christian holidays at the courts. Thank God they lost

"Some of my best friends are black....."

And you *still* haven't provided a link to back up your claim that it was a Jewish neighbor who complained.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies