Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is more corrupt: Clinton or Nixon?
Clinton 42 43.75%
Nixon 54 56.25%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 07:09 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,269,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Hmm, Nixon and his AG (Mitchell) breaking into the HQ of the political opposition to steal documents VS Clinton lying about a consensual, if inappropriate for a POTUS, sex act?

I say Nixon by a thousand miles.

3rd rate burglary? but Obama spying on the Trump campaign during an election year isn't bad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2018, 07:14 PM

1,203 posts, read 835,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Given what Trump and his mob circle are facing, I disagree.
Not much to disagree with. Clinton did lose the election (fact) and most people know she's as much of a narcissist as Obama was, so yeah, I think she'd trade jail time to get a prize she's coveted for years. Unless the silly phishing expedition lands Trump, no one's going to much care about the bystanders. It's been two years now, but yeah, I can see how you might think your conjecture might impress somebody (sarcasm).

Old 11-30-2018, 07:22 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,344,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
You should stop spreading that lie.

FBI said they found classified information on Hilarys server, a clear violation of 18 U.S. Code § 798. No, she wasnt prosecuted(since your response will be "well if true why wasnt she prosecuted?" Ill answer it preemptively) as there are laws for elite people with money and laws for the rest of us.
The FBI never claimed to have found classified material on Hilary's emails other than a couple of (c) that probably should not have been there. What the FBI did claim was that they found subjects discussed on Clinton email that other agencies considered highly classified. That however does not require that the State Dept agrees or that Hilary had to classify them.

Old 11-30-2018, 08:48 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,658,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjonesiii View Post
i figured since there was one with trump vs nixon, we should at least have both sides of the equation.

Added: And yes, i'm referring to hillary.
still trump!!!!!!!!!:d

Old 11-30-2018, 09:00 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,822,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJonesIII View Post
I figured since there was one with Trump vs Nixon, we should at least have both sides of the equation.

Added: And yes, I'm referring to Hillary.

You should have been clear about that in the poll, since the first poll concerned presidents.

And anyone who thinks Nixon was more corrupt than Hillary, don't know much about history, as the song goes.

Old 11-30-2018, 09:02 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,658,251 times
..........still trump.

Old 11-30-2018, 10:49 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,596,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
It's not a lie. Of course, they found emails but they could not prove what? Intent

Therefore you are not the judge or FBI. The investigation was concluded therefore she did nothing wrong according to our legal system, not based on your opinion. Therefore what I said stands. Hillary did nothing wrong legally.

The inspector general found “no evidence that the conclusions by department prosecutors were affected by bias or other improper considerations.” The report acknowledged that certain emails appeared to contain classified information, but investigators determined the FBI’s conclusion that Clinton did not intend to expose classified information was legitimate. …
Please tell me where "intent" has to be included to be a violation of 18 U.S. Code § 798..I'll wait.
Its obvious that the FBI "declined to prosecute" so they wouldnt end up being part of thge Clinton body count..Seth Rich being the most recent

Old 12-01-2018, 05:59 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,625,222 times
Trump hands down. He has proven he is a mole for the Russians and Putin’s puppet. The truth is coming to light and the Liar in Chief is getting very unhinged. I only hope justice is done. What's the penalty for Treason? Hanging? Then throw the rest of the crime family in prison for life.

Old 12-01-2018, 06:10 AM

1,203 posts, read 835,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
How is Nixon v Hillary Clinton 'the other side of the equation'?

She's never been President. You guys and your Hillary Clinton obsession, - for goodness sake, get over it.
At least pick on Bill for Christs sakes.
Nah, no obsession at all. Just poking fun at the other stupid poll that was out there. Ultimately, some silly poll on CD isn't going to change the only relevant point which was who won the 2016 Presidential election. And let me give you a hint....it wasn't Clinton. And since about 80% of the posts here are rants about Trump, I think it's obvious where the "obsession" is. I think it's more than apparent who the people are that are still struggling with the election results after 2 years and who needs to get over it. Have a great day!

Old 12-01-2018, 06:24 AM

51,649 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
The FBI never claimed to have found classified material on Hilary's emails other than a couple of (c) that probably should not have been there. What the FBI did claim was that they found subjects discussed on Clinton email that other agencies considered highly classified. That however does not require that the State Dept agrees or that Hilary had to classify them.
Thanks for explaining this again.

Hard to believe that some are still in such a snit over this. There was no evidence whatsoever that any classified intelligence was relayed or even involved.

She certainly didn't stand in the Oval Office and hand over classified intel from Israel to two Russian agents.

Somehow no one seems upset about that.

Perhaps the Israeli Intelligence Services, but everyone else seems cool with it.

To be fair, though Nixon clearly was corrupt and Ford pardoned him for all his criminal activities, I don't recall anything about Nixon that involved selling the U.S. out to foreign adversaries.

So that puts Trump ahead in the Who's the Most Corrupt competition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies