Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Tyson's life and career be destroyed as a result of these allegations?
Sure. Zero tolerance for EVERY man accused by women of sexual harrassment and assault. 1 1.79%
No. These acts should be handled as potential crimes and all people deserve due process. Everyone. 44 78.57%
No. Kavanaugh's accusers should have been believed, but Tyson is someone important who I like. Tyson should get due process, but not Kavanaugh. 11 19.64%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 12:43 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
How can you compare a TV Physicist with a Supreme Court Justice? No offense to deGrasse Tyson but he is not important, Kavanaugh just became one of the most important and powerful people in the country for life!!

The lack of honesty, accountability, and morality shown by Kavanaugh is appalling for someone in this position. Judging by his poor speech, public rage rants and ecxema-like red skin, it appears he still has a problem with alcohol too. Our children, especially girls, deserve much better for their future than this compromised turd. deGrasse Tyson will not effect their lives one iota.
We are only to "believe all women" depending on the position the guy holds or is trying to hold? Is that what the left is going with?

Female: "He assaulted me! I'm filing a complaint."

Police: "Sorry ma'am, his job just isn't important enough for us to bother with your allegations."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2018, 12:46 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,733,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
We must believe all women right? Surely all of you who condemned Brett Kavanaugh with literally no corroborating evidence, for actions that he supposedly engaged in during high school will want to be at the front of the line to condemn Neil DeGrasse Tyson for sexual assault. Well, here is your chance.

And there is corroborating evidence in this case.
And, go figure, the Democrat left mass media is apparently choosing to largely not cover this story. Is anyone surprised? Hopefully not.

The bias of the mass media is most clearly demonstrated by what the choose NOT to cover and what they basically ignore. This is at the core of the reason why these people should not be blindly trusted.

Anyway, this guys should have his life ruined now, right? I am especially interested in what the "believers" of the accusations against Brett Kavanaugh have to say about these incidents.
It definitely disqualifies him from being a supreme court justice. They should definitely pick someone else from the list of judges for the supreme court.

Old 11-30-2018, 12:46 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
I felt the Dems attempted to railroad Kavanaugh.. no question about it. it was a disgrace... still, i would hope that NDT gets a fair shake.... and all the voices and evidence is heard before he is ostracized from society!

Old 11-30-2018, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
We are only to "believe all women" depending on the position the guy holds or is trying to hold? Is that what the left is going with?

Female: "He assaulted me! I'm filing a complaint."

Police: "Sorry ma'am, his job just isn't important enough for us to bother with your allegations."
Oh, I see the supposition is that we are the police. Or is that the police only interview complaints based on CD forum?

Either way, sure if the women want to go to the police they definitely should. In the mean time, if we are choosing between Dr Degrasse Tyson and other people for the supreme court who don't have three accusations against them, we should definitely pick one of the other people.

Old 11-30-2018, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
I do not use the just "believe" them method. The point is that the advocates of this approach really do not consistently use it either.

Neil deGrasse Tyson has politicized his scientific presentations and is a public media figure. He was the lead actor in the recent remake of 'Cosmos,' which was filled with all kinds of political cracks and anti-religious gibes. It was very partisan, and no, it was not just all about "science".

So, are we all ready here to retire this hyper-partisan "just believe all women" nonsense now? It sounds like from some of the defenders of Tyson here - who were all for ruining Kavanaugh based solely on uncorroborated accusations - that we just about might be ready to let this go.

Is it time to let this totally unjust and nonsensical approach aside in exchange for treating ALL of these matters as potential crimes with the accused getting all the protections of due process?

Yes or no?
FALSE EQUIVALENCY
https://www.skepticalraptor.com/skep...cal-fallacies/

STRAWMAN
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman

One post, two fallacies. Excellent density of fallacies!

Old 11-30-2018, 12:57 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Libs still haven’t explained why they believe Christine Ford and the others

Old 11-30-2018, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Libs still haven’t explained why they believe Christine Ford and the others
I don't believe or disbelieve her. I have no opinion of her accusations. That being said, having accusations of that type, by that many women, may not mean you are guilty of a crime it can disqualify you from a job. I would no more hire a man with those accusations to be a babysitter in my home than I would allow him to become a supreme court justice.

If you were hiring for a job, and one candidate had multiple accusations and another had none, would you pick him for a sensitive life time job?

Old 11-30-2018, 01:03 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
The Left regards this guy as the modern day Copernicus, they would never, ever go after one of their "Gods".
They do? Do you have any thing to base this on? Probably not. You made it up because it is another way for you to insult the left.

Old 11-30-2018, 01:32 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Well, no, he's a scientist.
Cute. He plays astrophysicist on tv anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
They do? Do you have any thing to base this on? Probably not. You made it up because it is another way for you to insult the left.
Not much of an insult. Besides, lefty has no shame. They cant be insulted.

Old 11-30-2018, 01:33 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
I don't believe or disbelieve her. I have no opinion of her accusations. That being said, having accusations of that type, by that many women, may not mean you are guilty of a crime it can disqualify you from a job. I would no more hire a man with those accusations to be a babysitter in my home than I would allow him to become a supreme court justice.

If you were hiring for a job, and one candidate had multiple accusations and another had none, would you pick him for a sensitive life time job?
If that is right, then surely you believe that Tyson should be disqualified from his job and his career. Right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies