Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Tyson's life and career be destroyed as a result of these allegations?
Sure. Zero tolerance for EVERY man accused by women of sexual harrassment and assault. 1 1.79%
No. These acts should be handled as potential crimes and all people deserve due process. Everyone. 44 78.57%
No. Kavanaugh's accusers should have been believed, but Tyson is someone important who I like. Tyson should get due process, but not Kavanaugh. 11 19.64%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 01:46 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,403 times

Advertisements

He will be fine, he can always become Supreme justice one day

Seriously though, as someone who is liberal and a advocate for science, this is heartbreaking if true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2018, 02:03 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,095,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
I don't believe or disbelieve her. I have no opinion of her accusations. That being said, having accusations of that type, by that many women, may not mean you are guilty of a crime it can disqualify you from a job. I would no more hire a man with those accusations to be a babysitter in my home than I would allow him to become a supreme court justice.

If you were hiring for a job, and one candidate had multiple accusations and another had none, would you pick him for a sensitive life time job?

What a great can of worms that would open up. Let’s hope we don’t adopt liberals standards

Old 11-30-2018, 02:03 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
We must believe all women right? Surely all of you who condemned Brett Kavanaugh with literally no corroborating evidence, for actions that he supposedly engaged in during high school will want to be at the front of the line to condemn Neil DeGrasse Tyson for sexual assault. Well, here is your chance.

And there is corroborating evidence in this case.
And, go figure, the Democrat left mass media is apparently choosing to largely not cover this story. Is anyone surprised? Hopefully not.

The bias of the mass media is most clearly demonstrated by what the choose NOT to cover and what they basically ignore. This is at the core of the reason why these people should not be blindly trusted.

Anyway, this guys should have his life ruined now, right? I am especially interested in what the "believers" of the accusations against Brett Kavanaugh have to say about these incidents.

And just WHAT is the Republican right mass media saying about it? Or would you rather not look at both sides of the coin?

Old 11-30-2018, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
He will be fine, he can always become Supreme justice one day

Seriously though, as someone who is liberal and a advocate for science, this is heartbreaking if true.

Become Supreme Court Justice after seven FBI investigations you mean

Old 11-30-2018, 02:06 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,909,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Wait, what? You did not advocate any waiting or due process for Brett Kavanaugh.

So, what is the rationale for the different treatment for Tyson here, despite the fact that there is corroborating evidence in this case, and there was no corroborating evidence to support ANY of the Kavanaugh accusations?
Tyson is not having a job interview. Kavanaugh was. The fact that the *iinvestigation* did not interview the people who were there at the time does not mean there was no evidence, it just means that there was a coverup because the political bigwigs wanted it.

There was no reason to give Kavanaugh a job on the supreme court given the allegations.

The allegations against DeGrasse Tyson should certainly be covered regardless of his status.

Old 11-30-2018, 02:12 PM

The Kavanaugh accusers were not credible and even libs know it even if they won’t admit it

Old 11-30-2018, 02:31 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,836 times
What was demonstrated during the Kavanaugh hearings is that there is literally no lie that Democrat leftists will not tell and no smear or slander campaign that is too despicable or grotesque for them to engage in towards people who they regard as their political adversaries.

People saw this and it was the worst episode of naked character assassination of a political nominee that anyone here has ever seen in this country. I cannot imagine how it could ever be topped. I certainly cannot imagine that any of us will ever see anything worse than this during our lifetimes.

But when someone like Neil deGrasse Tyson gets called out - WITH corroborating evidence - then the excuse making and the waffling begins by many of the very same people who were out to ruin Kavanaugh, WITHOUT any corroborating evidence.

Old 11-30-2018, 02:38 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,428,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Tyson is not having a job interview. Kavanaugh was. The fact that the *iinvestigation* did not interview the people who were there at the time does not mean there was no evidence, it just means that there was a coverup because the political bigwigs wanted it.

There was no reason to give Kavanaugh a job on the supreme court given the allegations.

The allegations against DeGrasse Tyson should certainly be covered regardless of his status.
What "job interview" includes allegations of gang rape?

Old 11-30-2018, 02:39 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,428,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Many of us found Kavanaugh unfit due to his behavior in the hearing, regardless of the accusations against him.
Yes, how dare he be angry at allegations of gang rape.

If he would have sat there stoically, he would have been criticized as "unfeeling" and "cold."

Old 11-30-2018, 02:40 PM

2,362 posts, read 777,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Allegations are just allegations. I can make an allegation against you right now. If anything, they need to be investigated, but for allegations 30 years prior, I say they serve no relevance. It's almost scary you think his conduct as a horny freshman in college has any bearing on him on the USSC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies