Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Tyson's life and career be destroyed as a result of these allegations?
Sure. Zero tolerance for EVERY man accused by women of sexual harrassment and assault. 1 1.79%
No. These acts should be handled as potential crimes and all people deserve due process. Everyone. 44 78.57%
No. Kavanaugh's accusers should have been believed, but Tyson is someone important who I like. Tyson should get due process, but not Kavanaugh. 11 19.64%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 10:33 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times

Advertisements

We must believe all women right? Surely all of you who condemned Brett Kavanaugh with literally no corroborating evidence, for actions that he supposedly engaged in during high school will want to be at the front of the line to condemn Neil DeGrasse Tyson for sexual assault. Well, here is your chance.

And there is corroborating evidence in this case.
Quote:
Two More Women Accuse Neil deGrasse Tyson of Sexual Misconduct

Two more women, including a fellow astronomer, say Neil deGrasse Tyson is guilty of inappropriate sexual conduct.

Dr. Katelyn N. Allers, Associate Professor of Physics and Astronomy at Bucknell University, told me that she was “felt up” by Tyson at an after-party following a meeting of the American Astronomical Society (AAS) in 2009. AAS didn’t have a mechanism for reporting sexual harassment at the time, but Dr. Allers says she probably would report the incident if it had happened today.

I confirmed with Dr. Michele Thornley, an associate professor of physics and astronomy at Bucknell, that Dr. Allers told her about Tyson’s behavior in 2013 when he was scheduled to speak at the University.

{These and several other incidents are documented at the link in some detail}
And, go figure, the Democrat left mass media is apparently choosing to largely not cover this story. Is anyone surprised? Hopefully not.

The bias of the mass media is most clearly demonstrated by what the choose NOT to cover and what they basically ignore. This is at the core of the reason why these people should not be blindly trusted.

Anyway, this guys should have his life ruined now, right? I am especially interested in what the "believers" of the accusations against Brett Kavanaugh have to say about these incidents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2018, 10:58 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
The Left regards this guy as the modern day Copernicus, they would never, ever go after one of their "Gods".

Old 11-30-2018, 11:01 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Maybe he got confused talking about which rocket was going to take off and explore the stars.

Old 11-30-2018, 11:06 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Let's see how this plays out.

Old 11-30-2018, 11:11 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post

Wait, what? You did not advocate any waiting or due process for Brett Kavanaugh.

So, what is the rationale for the different treatment for Tyson here, despite the fact that there is corroborating evidence in this case, and there was no corroborating evidence to support ANY of the Kavanaugh accusations?

Old 11-30-2018, 11:25 AM

19,606 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Come on baby, show me that tattoo. Have some wine, let's do a spirit handshake. Look at my pimpin' hat. lol.

And Neil D Tyson is....The Ladies Man.

Awkward attempts at game. I kind of feel bad for him.

Old 11-30-2018, 11:30 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,115,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Come on baby, show me that tattoo. Have some wine, let's do a spirit handshake. Look at my pimpin' hat. lol.

And Neil D Tyson is....The Ladies Man.

Awkward attempts at game. I kind of feel bad for him.
Lol.
The guy never impressed me much.

Old 11-30-2018, 11:42 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
"Looking for Pluto" in her dress? What she's not telling us, is that she probably laughed her asinine off. She looks pretty happy in those pics. Of course, 10 years later, she's now saying that it made her uncomfortable. Poor baby. Quick...get the fainting couch.

Then the other one claims that Tyson tried to [gasp!] "persuade" her into sex. What happened to all of these strong women?

Yes, America, men try to seduce women. And women try to seduce men. Despite the attempt by feminist activists to view men as pigs for even flirting, adults should know how to handle it if their not interested.

I never thought I'd be quoting Pamela Anderson, but she was right when she said that the metoo movement was "paralyzing men."

Women need to grow up.

Old 11-30-2018, 11:47 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Wait, what? You did not advocate any waiting or due process for Brett Kavanaugh.

So, what is the rationale for the different treatment for Tyson here, despite the fact that there is corroborating evidence in this case, and there was no corroborating evidence to support ANY of the Kavanaugh accusations?
Good point !!!

We should be in the punishment phase by now.

Old 11-30-2018, 11:49 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post

Quietly...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies